Question about 'One More Chance'

Gonetoosoon

Proud Member
Was it always planned as a release for Number Ones?

Or was it planned to be released on another album/possibly an upcoming (at the time obviously) studio album? I'm just asking because I was going through a lot of old posts and the consensus was that Michael was preparing to release an album in 03/04?

Can anyone confirm/clarify this?

Did Michael make One More Chance music video before Number Ones was released? It was never released until Vision dvd collection.

I've read somewhere in 2003 there was a new album in the making called 'Force', but this project was exchanged with a greatest hits album. One More Chance and Escape would have been featured on the new 2003 studio LP (rumors). I believe Escape was also an option for inclusion on the Number Ones CD instead of OMC. And indeed, the OMC music video never aired on tv, cause it was never finished. Luckily we can see some of it on Vision.

All In Your Name was also apparently meant to be in that 2003 album.

KingMikeJ, I didn't know that, thanks!

Oh, I didn't answer Galactus123s question that well. The making of the music video One More Chance was in full force on November 17th 2003 at the CMX studio, Las Vegas. It was supposed to be a two day shoot. They filmed all audience scenes with Michael on the first day, so they could cut cost on paying the extras for two days. On November 18th 2003, Michael would go back to capture the frontal shots and close-ups, but he got arrested on this day. It was also the release date of Number Ones. So Michael began working on this video the day before the album release.

It was made to be the first single off his next album. Sony said that a greatest hits album had more potential. He was almost done recording the album, but it was cancelled. Same thing happened in 2007.

It was made to be the first single off his next album. Sony said that a greatest hits album had more potential. He was almost done recording the album, but it was cancelled. Same thing happened in 2007.

So if most of the recording of the album has been completed.. Where is the album now? If tracks had been fully/mostly completed surely they'd be up for release in the near future?

Back