Question about Dancing the Dream; I feel confused..

UncleDoodooLover

Proud Member
Hi everyone!
I've bought DTD a while ago, i read it and i loved it. ABSOLUTELY loved it..It made my love for Michael Jackson even bigger!
But now, as i read Deepak's blog, he says that he wrote it??

"I sat with him for hours while he dreamily wove Aesop-like tales about animals, mixed with words about music and his love of all things musical. This project became Dancing the Dream after I pulled the text together for him, acting strictly as a friend. "

I feel slightly disappointed and confused right now..

Also , i read The Michael Jackson Tapes and it also didn't make me feel good.
The more things i read about Mike, the more i get another image of him..and i don't want that, you know? :s Because I love him so much ..
I don't think i'll ever read another book about him.. Did anyone feel the same?

well that's why you shouldn't believe everything you read. i don't trust deepak one bit..
and that's why i don't read any books etc supposedly about michael. they all claim to know him, and to be his 'friend'. uri, shmuley and the list goes on.

That doesn't mean anything. That could just mean that Deepak was a proofreader, not that he wrote anything, if he was really involved in the book.

That doesn't mean anything. That could just mean that Deepak was a proofreader, not that he wrote anything, if he was really involved in the book.
Okay, but what is a proofreader ? :$
Sorry for that stupid question, but i'm not very good in english :')

Always be cynical about reports concerning MJ. Deepak Chopra and his son are opportunist with zero credibility.

yeah dont believe anything you read about him, only what he actually wrote himself. And he did write Dancing the dream xxx

Thanks for the link :)

Michael wrote Dancing The Dream. END

But The Michael Jackson Tapes, theres nothing bad in it, i mean nothing.

That's true. I always say myself that. But what i don't understand; WHY Michael?
Many many people love Michael but still, the press keeps bashing him.
I don't understand and i don't think i ever will. It's not fair :s

Maybe MJ gave this dude the poems and he made them into the book, in a good order etc..

It seems to me this Deepak isn't saying he wrote the poems..

Here it sounds to me as if he is saying the opposite to what you think.

It sounds like he is describing Michael coming up with the poems and reflections -

"I sat with him for hours while he dreamily wove Aesop-like tales about animals, mixed with words about music and his love of all things musical. This project became Dancing the Dream''

This bit - ''after I pulled the text together for him, acting strictly as a friend. "

Sounds to me what he means by 'pulling the text together, acting strictly as a friend' is like helping him arrange it, and proof reading etc.

Though I doubt MJ wrote all those poems in a single sitting whilst this other dude was with him.

Michael wrote those poems etc. so don't worry, I think you just misunderstood what Deepak meant.

Maybe MJ gave this dude the poems and he made them into the book, in a good order etc..

It sounds like he is describing Michael coming up with the poems and reflections -

"I sat with him for hours while he dreamily wove Aesop-like tales about animals, mixed with words about music and his love of all things musical. This project became Dancing the Dream''

This bit - ''after I pulled the text together for him, acting strictly as a friend. "

Sounds to me what he means by 'pulling the text together, acting strictly as a friend' is like helping him arrange it, and proof reading etc.

Though I doubt MJ wrote all those poems in a single sitting whilst this other dude was with him.

Michael wrote those poems etc. so don't worry, I think you just misunderstood what Deepak meant.

I agree. That's what it sounded like to me too. I have no doubt the words are from Michael's heart and soul.

I have the original book from when it was 1st released in 1992. I hadn't looked at it in years, lol. But I just pulled it out and it says at the beginning "Deepak, Thank you for your inspiration and your love".

I have a question regarding this article. In one part it says: His children's nanny and surrogate mother, Grace Rwaramba , is like another daughter to me.

Does it mean that Grace is surrogate mother for Blanket? I thisnk I am missing something....

Hi everyone!
I've bought DTD a while ago, i read it and i loved it. ABSOLUTELY loved it..It made my love for Michael Jackson even bigger!

"I sat with him for hours while he dreamily wove Aesop-like tales about animals, mixed with words about music and his love of all things musical. This project became Dancing the Dream after I pulled the text together for him, acting strictly as a friend. "

The more things i read about Mike, the more i get another image of him..and i don't want that, you know? :s Because I love him so much ..
Hi!! :)
I read The MJ Tapes too and I like it!! I thought it was a nice "journey" inside his mind! :) I dont know... I enjoyed it. Maybe you didnt? What did make you feel not good?
I'm here if u wanna talk about it! ;)

And yes I understand that you want to keep a certain image of him! That's normal!! :yes: I have felt that too!

That's it :)
Michael wrote it and his friend helped him to put it all together. It's the same thing that we have with Moonwalker: it's Michael, but of course it had to be edited. In the new edition they explained how they did the book, but that doesn't mean it is not a book BY Michael Jackson himself. Both books are windows to his heart and soul, and I love them too, but DTD is very painful for me to read.

As for the tapes... well, I will not read that, since Michael's didn't want those things to be published. Those were private conversations, Michael run away from that guy long ago and as soon as MJ was gone, he published this things. Yes, that might be Michael talking, but we don't know the background, and he wouldn't have want that to be used to get money. That guy simply abuse Michael. My opinion.

I have a question regarding this article. In one part it says: His children's nanny and surrogate mother, Grace Rwaramba , is like another daughter to me.

Does it mean that Grace is surrogate mother for Blanket? I thisnk I am missing something....

I think this only means what it's clear: she is the only mother figure they have, IMO.

Always be cynical about reports concerning MJ. Deepak Chopra and his son are opportunist with zero credibility.
You can add the word phoney to your critique of those Chopras also. :punk:

As for the tapes... well, I will not read that, since Michael's didn't want those things to be published. Those were private conversations, Michael run away from that guy long ago and as soon as MJ was gone, he published this things. Yes, that might be Michael talking, but we don't know the background, and he wouldn't have want that to be used to get money. That guy simply abuse Michael. My opinion.

That's exactly why i don't like the book!
Some of the things they say are very wise and all.. but Michael said some things that i doubt to be true :')
for example, when he says that he's embarrassed when he gets on stage thinking of what goes trough women's heads xD
I'm SURE that he loved it :') you can't fool us Mikeybear

Again, Deepak sometimes does not express everything well, cause i love Deepak, his books, i love them, except when he names to many celebrities, that i dont like....

That's exactly why i don't like the book!
Some of the things they say are very wise and all.. but Michael said some things that i doubt to be true :')
for example, when he says that he's embarrassed when he gets on stage thinking of what goes trough women's heads xD
I'm SURE that he loved it :') you can't fool us Mikeybear

Umm, may be he didnt liked the fact that some women will overlook his musical talent cause of his look, im a girl, a woman, i mean he is very good looking on stage some things of course he will do them on purpose i have NO DOUBTS, but some women are a little too you know... some women gave themselves as gifts to famous men, that takes away all their beauty, i mean they have no brains, cause not all pretty women are like that but on showbusiness they all seem to be like that.... come on, we know.

I myself feel ashamed by some women at times... call me old fashioned or whatever, but thats what i think. wow, i sound like an old lady :lol: i know.

Hi everyone!

Dear UncleDooDooLover;

Human beings (including Mr.Jackson) get inspired by God, mother earth, history, other human beings, so on an so forth..!

Besides "Moonwalker", "Dancing The Dream" is one of the most FACTUAL & "VERY CHERISHED" biographical books Mr.Jackson shared with the world.

"Dancing the Dream" is Mr.Jackson's original work(s) of WHO and WHAT he has always been about..!

:angel:Our Children Are The Future...Keep Helping To Heal The World...WE Are The World...Knowledge IS Growth...Education IS The Key~~~

Dancing the Dream was written by Michael. Everything in it, the poems, the sketches etc are all his. Deepak just arranged it all so it could be published. I haven't read the MJ tapes as he didn't want them published and Boateach only convinently published it after Michael died so he couldn't be sued. But all the snippets that appeared in the news, the supposedly 'juicy' stuff wasn't even bad.

Back