Quentin Tarantino's Michael Jackson, The Jacksons Playlist

MJBT

Proud Member
After seeing that picture I was down and I hit youtube and started watching a video about Tarantino on Taxi Driver and noticed this video and it cheered me up which is essentially one of the reasons I'm posting this. As a big fan of Tarantino and its great to hear him talk with alot of enthusiasum about the tunes he's picking and the Jacksons not so much Michael but everything he says is positive, he picks alot unsung Jacksons tunes which is great to have someone who I had never heard say anything about Michael or Jacksonswise acknowledge how great the songs on Victory are (Torture, Wait and State Of Shock) :) so listen to it and I hope it cheers you guys up as much as it did me during this tough time.

Thanks for posting.

I discovered some new songs.

He really knows The Jacksons. Only thing he said wrong is This Place Hotel being on Destiny. And actually it is on Triumph (his worst Jacksons album and my favourite one!)

Wow. That was great to listen to. He certainly had my attention, and kept it.

He really knows The Jacksons.
Only thing he said wrong is This Place Hotel being on Destiny. And actually it is on Triumph
(his worst Jacksons album and my favourite one!)
Right you are! One of my favorite songs,TPH is on the TRIUMPH album. I love Michael's live version as well.
Also, I agree with you about Quentin's' choice for worst album....it's my fave, but I love all the songs on both;
not to leave out the other albums tho...I enjoy them also.I thinkVICTORYis their weakest album.
MJBT, thanks for posting that. I enjoyed listening to Quentin's take on the Jacksons music :)

Most of the songs he mentioned are just OK.

Right you are! One of my favorite songs,TPH is on the TRIUMPH album. I love Michael's live version as well.
Also, I agree with you about Quentin's' choice for worst album....it's my fave, but I love all the songs on both;
not to leave out the other albums tho...I enjoy them also.I thinkVICTORYis their weakest album.
MJBT, thanks for posting that. I enjoyed listening to Quentin's take on the Jacksons music :)

Your welcome :)

I like Tarantino very much and as i remember he is the huge fan of disco music, funk and the music of 70th at all. So it the matter of course he likes The Jacksons very much ;)

Although I despise his films (especially "Inglorious Basterds", I am basically in agreement with <i>Galus Australis</i>' review, which referred to him as an embarrassment and an <i>idiot de la cinemathèque</i>), it was nice to know he's a Jacksons fan.

It would interesting to seem him use one of the songs that mentions in one of his films.

Thanks for posting,

I agree with Q. on 'The Jacksons Live', man have I listened to that album a lot in the past. Before live recordings / bootlegs became somehow available, that live album was *it*!

Thanks for posting,

I agree with Q. on 'The Jacksons Live', man have I listened to that album a lot in the past. Before live recordings / bootlegs became somehow available, that live album was *it*!

Your welcome it would have been amazing though if they had done one for the Victory Tour as well

Back