Q-Tip pays homage to Michael in his new track "Move"

Foxy..

Proud Member
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
I have personally been waiting for Q-Tip's 2nd solo studio album for years, he is by far one of the most innovative hip hop artists around. He has always given props to Michael in speech and now with a video. The song is tight and the video is so cool to watch, really makes you smile! I know members such as ArXter will love this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI2szueHoL8

Check out his thoughts on 'Thriller' in his Thrillercast; Episode 22 - http://www.michaeljackson.com/podcasts.php#top

Last edited:
yep yep.. lol this tune was released in a mixtape 2 years ago just before its producer, J Dilla, died. around the same time he also sampled J5's All I Do Is Think Of You in a similar way. genius.

anticipating this album big time.

k this song has dancing machine! like if u listen closely to the background music it sounds sooo much like it! idk if it was suppose to be like that or anything but it definatly caught my ear haha

k this song has dancing machine! like if u listen closely to the background music it sounds sooo much like it! idk if it was suppose to be like that or anything but it definatly caught my ear haha

Yep, he sampled Dancing Machine and slowed it down a fair bit!

And also the whole RWY vibe on the video....way cool. At least he didn't try to pull off the glitter suit. That would have been hilariass!

Q-Tip is still one of my favorite hip-hop artists. He's always innovative and creative in his work.

I just saw Q-Tip on 106 & Park and he only said that his song, MOVE, has a Michael jackson vibe.
I was like thats more than a vibe when he's sampling the whole of Dancing Machine and the video RWY.
And its all good! I was expecting him to say more but he only said how he couldnt moonwalk with
his sneakers on........too much grip! Lol! Anyway, just thought Id mention that.
He did mention J.Dilla tho.
Mostly, he was all geeked about his cd coming out the same day as the most important election in history.! Woot!

Thanks Foxy and Arxter :)

*goes to check out the other links*

Back