Pump Up The 90s

BUMPER SNIPPET

Guests
I opened the 80s thread, but as many fans unfortunately don't remember all the Magic that surrounded the 80s, here's a new thread - the 90s! The era when electronic music ruined (lol) the magic of the 80s :D

However, Michael Jackson stayed thruthful to his art, despite the electro tendency. He delivered some of the jewels such as the albums:

Dangerous
History
Blood On The Dance Floor

and many classic hits and videos such as the 40-minute Ghosts.

It all started actually in 1989 with:

[youtube]9EcjWd-O4jI[/youtube]

[youtube]xmSKk4BVtZc[/youtube]

It went on with:

[youtube]qkW1uAOwPH4[/youtube]

[youtube]a6xDiPubxVU[/youtube]

[youtube]_BRv9wGf5pk[/youtube]

[youtube]Q9ocLN4Dc3I&feature=fvwrel[/youtube]

[youtube]aFd5Cci_pE4[/youtube]

[youtube]50P_YFSSkNc&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]2XSy6wusi00[/youtube]

[youtube]3cnQCk0u49w&ob=av2n[/youtube]

[youtube]StlMdNcvCJo[/youtube]

[youtube]SjJwqDa1QVI[/youtube]

[youtube]Tloj9osem6w[/youtube]

[youtube]-BXR5dgRmO0&playnext=1&list=PLB98A74C8625801C2[/youtube]

[youtube]O6XE1XRiLeY[/youtube]

[youtube]_Qm5wDS2daQ&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]gOyW8nB-0FY[/youtube]

[youtube]frd5YmSjjII[/youtube]

[youtube]aqxtBggVsi0[/youtube]

[youtube]4RabmPacOU0&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]1plPyJdXKIY&ob=av2e[/youtube]

[youtube]EBoX-wYhs-U&ob=av2e[/youtube]

[youtube]Ul_hcxlA5KU[/youtube]

Right at the end in 1999. Yeah!

Bumper your right,MJ in 90= Pure Awesomeness!

The melodies on 90's dance music was awesome in my opinion

Here are (in my opinion) the differences between 90's dance music and dance music of the 00's

90's dance music - Nice catchy beat with a great strong melody
00's dance music - Beats, Beats, Beats, Beats, Beats! Melody? Na no one gives a crap about that! All we need is beats!

^^ Melody ended in the 90s....You're right about the beats...Thumping beats in the 00s....Nothing without melody...It's sad to see people enjoying the crap music today that lacks any type of memorable melody...I pity them lol

Well to me the melody ended from the 90s, not from the 00s :D

Does anyone remember the "jump" dance to the beat? It started in the 90s, not in the 00s :p

Here is one of the "beautiful melodies" created in the 90s :)

[youtube]bAsR0hZGkMg&feature=related[/youtube]

However, in the 00s there ere some real good stuff. But I'd have to open a new thread for that :p

Well, to me it was a decline....Melody reigned in the 80s, then dance music started in the 90s, and the heavy beats with no substance started to take over, although melody was still pretty apparent...Then the 00s stripped music entirely (well, maybe not entirely, there are some gems, of course) of melody to just a bare techno beat :D

This is a nice thread but no offense why is it in Michaelmania? :/ What does this have to do with Michael..

Because Michael made the 90's worth remembering with Dangerous, HIStory and BOTDF. Lol. ;)
I'm such a 90's kid. I remember listening to Mariah, Celine and Whitney. I like Ace of Base, Oasis, the Cranberries.

Although not as magical as the 80's, it's still more exciting than what we have now.

I know alot of people here don't like her but i gotta give Lady Gaga credit for atleast putting melodies into alot of her songs.

One of my fave movies :wub:

[YouTube]b0-6fUWvfFA[/YouTube]

^^ hehehe...I'm watching Pretty Woman right now :wub:

......and cried like a baby :cry: :heart: lol

I do love Beauty and the Beast, too.....My fave is Aladdin though...I think that came out in '92

Last edited:
^ Yup, Aladdin came out in '92 :) ..It's favorite Disney movie of all time..Damn, Disney movies were so epic in the 90's, for whatever reason they went away from that =\

Did you ever see the sequel 'Return Of Jafar" or the third Aladdin?..They didn't use the same animation and Robin Williams didn't do the voice of Genie..but they were still pretty good IMO.

^^ I could never get into all the sequels and series of Aladdin....I just love the movie and characters too much, I can't steer from that :lol:

Aladdin is my favourite Disney movie too :wub: I really enjoyed it when I was little!! I still know all the songs lol

^^ Me too! My sister and I made up a dance to 'One Jump Ahead' and 'Friend Like Me' when we were kids :ninja: We did that stuff ALL the time...:D

another movie I adore :wub:

[YouTube]LxnR9e7M8Vw[/YouTube]

The 90s are the best. Classic Nickelodeon, Disney, ect. Speaking of Classic Nick, just last week Teen Nick added a bunch of Classic Nick shows to their line-up on weeknights. Late at night, but still I'm so happy to see these shows back on TV again. So far they're showing All That, Kenan & Kel, Clarissa Explains It All and Doug. It's called The 90s Are All That. Feels like taking a time machine back to the 90s. This is my one of my favorite sketches from All That. The one with the ketchup with Chris Farley lol. Starts around 3:20

^^ LOOOL

Are Shannon Elizabeth's boobs fake? They looked fake in the movie, but I'm not sure :fear: :lol:

Last edited:
^^ LOOOL

Are Shannon Elizabeth's boobs fake? They looked fake in the movie, but I'm not sure :fear: :lol:

She has always denied having a boob job as far as I know but they look pretty fake to me.

Some more classic 90s movies:

NuttyProfessor.jpg
Rush-Hour-1998.jpg

220px-There's_Something_About_Mary_film_poster.jpg

And in my opinion, the greatest sitcom of all time:

Back