Publicist Susan Blond dishes about Michael Jackson

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
Publicist Susan Blond dishes about Michael Jackson, Prince & Andy Warhol - am New York
48 m ago

Susan Blond - who threw a baby out the window in Andy Warhol's movie "Bad" - is in her 25th year of repping artists such as Akon, Flo Rida and Sean Paul at her eponymous public relations firm. The first female vice-president of Epic Records, where she worked with Michael Jackson, she lives on the Upper West Side with her third husband, attorney Barry Bloom.

Q: You're an Orthodox Jew. Has observing your religion ever interfered with your job?

A: There have been many instances and events on a Friday night I couldn't attend because of Shabbot. I didn't go to a Michael Jackson concert when I was working with him on Thriller. The rabbi said I could go to his after party if I didn't work, but I decided not to because, well, you always wind up working and Shabbot is a very, very special day. I also couldn't attend a Prince show in the Village, but he wound up canceling the performance at the last minute. Prince could tell when I was taking notes on the phone and would tell me: "Listen! Don't write things down." This was during the period he didn't want anyone to look at his face. He just wanted me to be really, really present. I don't question artists; I respect them. Michael Jackson was a combination of a child and the most brilliant person you ever met. He would take my pocketbook and turn it upside down so everything spilled out and I'd scramble trying to put everything back. I didn't believe the child abuse charges, but I wasn't working with him when those came out.

Thank - That made me smile :) LOL he would playfull dump out her purse and she remembersit fondly

I would say just about everyone who worked with or knew Michael remembers him fondly and doesnt believe the false charged againt him. The hate mostly comes from The greedy unkown sources who sell salacious stories and lies and the biased media who also makes money from printing them.

Cassie thank you for that. There goes Michael again being Michael. He was the ultimate prankster!!!

This part here:
I didn't believe the child abuse charges, but I wasn't working with him when those came out.

i hope susan wasnt trying to say like just cause she wasnt working with mj at the time of the allegations her thoughts on mj arent undecided bout the case

This part here:

i hope susan wasnt trying to say like just cause she wasnt working with mj at the time of the allegations her thoughts on mj arent undecided bout the case
I thought when she said that she meant if someone asked her "why don't you believe the charges, you weren't working with him then so you didn't see anything?" IDK.

I thought when she said that she meant if someone asked her "why don't you believe the charges, you weren't working with him then so you didn't see anything?" IDK.

Yeh thats what i was just thinking to...i really hope she wasnt trying to imply anything

I don't know what that meant either.Maybe she meant to say that she didn't believe the charges but during that time she wasn't representing him?

^I did not get the idea that she was implying anything based on her previous comments. It seems she is saying that she did not believe them, and at the time the mess was going on, she was not working with him.

She could not mean "she was not working with him so could not see anything," because the allegations were about private molestation in Michael's house/bedroom. Even if she was working for him, she may not have been in the rooms where these lies were supposed to take place. I am not going to read anything bad into this one.

^i did not get the idea that she was implying anything based on her previous comments. It seems she is saying that she did not believe them, and at the time the mess was going on, she was not working with him.

She could not mean "she was not working with him so could not see anything," because the allegations were about private molestation in michael's house/bedroom. Even if she was working for him, she may not have been in the rooms where these lies were supposed to take place. I am not going to read anything bad into this one.
^^^this.

Haa just like Michael to turn her pocketbook upside down! Reminds me of some of the pranks he played on Frank Dileo :)

I came in here expecting something negative, because I associate the word 'dish(es)' with dishing out dirt or gossip. Glad that wasn't the case.

Back