Public Reaction To The Wembley DVD

MJBT

Proud Member
So today I finally got watch the Wembley DVD for myself at work (HMV) WOW for me it was the worth wait Billie Jean in Particular blew me away, While on my lunch break a few colleagues came in every so often and stopped for a second to look at the DVD in that I had'nt shut up about since May.
Eventually the CD we had on the store speakers came to an end so the assistant manager went to grab something off the shelf instead he went upstairs and grabbed the DVD and put it on the stores DVD player playing the audio through the speaker system You have no idea how hard it was to have my back to the tv and resist turning around to watch it.

Not long after WBSS began people in store began to stop and watch look up at the tv screens and and girl immediately came up to the counter and asked "whats this Michael Jackson DVD you've got on" I explained it was a live DVD of his performance from Wembley and was sold on it own and part of the deluxe version she had pre-ordered she became quite excited and stood not far from the tv screens with her mum watching.
I noticed that other people were stopping and looking up at the screen I served a couple and the guy looked up a few times his mrs was watching the screen from the moment she was in line to be served until he had payed and he had nudge her to get her attention. When I left people around the till area were still continuing to watch the screens whether they were walking out or paying.

That's so great to hear!

Too bad it's not HD, because if it was I'm sure every department store that sells electronic stuff would have it playing on their TVs and more people would see it and buy it. :p

I just hope the news of this boxset will spread like wildfire. I'm sure people who see it and buy it will be impressed by Michael's performance!

I don't care what anyone says, and of course we'll all agree, but there is no other entertainer, past or present, who has that effect on the general public, regardless of age, creed, or colour. I've seen it many times before - stick a video up of him performing and everything stops.

wow thats a great story..thank you for sharing that. :) I really believe that there are More Michael Jackson fans out there than we know about. I mean seriously he is a LEGEND...when he passed he practically broke the internet and twitter. When people see him performing they are in aww...it is his showman ship his charisma and his genius. I truly believe that the world misses Michael Jackson..like I said...there are fans that we know nothing about...and ever since he passed the universe has not been right.

Love these types of threads! It's so true, everything stops when MJ is on...They just can't help it!

That's so great to hear!

Too bad it's not HD, because if it was I'm sure every department store that sells electronic stuff would have it playing on their TVs and more people would see it and buy it. :p

I just hope the news of this boxset will spread like wildfire. I'm sure people who see it and buy it will be impressed by Michael's performance!

Well we've made it DVD of the week meaning that it will play on rotation until the next newly released title next week

wow cool, so its avaliable at hmv in store now..???

Ok, got mine coming from amazon, thanks, geez thought we could get it already then from hmv..phew..

Ok, got mine coming from amazon, thanks, geez thought we could get it already then from hmv..phew..

Believe me if I found out that we could sell it before Monday Id be on here telling you guys straight away

Thank you for sharing that. Must of been amazine to witness first hand the impact of Michael's performances on people other than fans.

Though I find the quality good and yet the BEST CONCERT I EVER SAW and I never been happy in my life and the best birthday ever. The Opening to "WBSS" just blew me, "Dirty Diana":shifty:Oooh better watch out ladies if you know what I mean:naughty: "Bad Groove Interlude" was top notch and I love these guys. "Billie Jean is at it's finest ever to perform. I really love "Bad" I got so addicted even to the 2nd half of it and seeing that young girl went over to Michael and kiss him. Aaawww that's the cutest moment. I also love "Man In The Mirror" which I believe to be the best of all Bad Tour.

:woohoo:I FREAKING LOVE THE DVD!!!!:woohoo:

That's the thing, MJ is timeless. I have a nephew, this October he will turn 1, if i ever get to babysit him, which i'm sure will happen sometime. You can bet that i will put on some MJ videos or the live concert and it would surprise me if his eyes won't be glued to the scream. It doesn't matter your age, MJ's work of art is for everyone. I remember how much i looked up to him when i was young, i believe this is something that will always happen. You watch a performance for the first time or hear a song? Right that instant you're a fan....well, of course not everyone. I actually have a friend who said he likes maybe one or two MJ songs but finds him nothing special...omfg. There are always those exceptions,lol.

That's the thing, MJ is timeless. I have a nephew, this October he will turn 1, if i ever get to babysit him, which i'm sure will happen sometime. You can bet that i will put on some MJ videos or the live concert and it would surprise me if his eyes won't be glued to the scream. It doesn't matter your age, MJ's work of art is for everyone. I remember how much i looked up to him when i was young, i believe this is something that will always happen. You watch a performance for the first time or hear a song? Right that instant you're a fan....well, of course not everyone. I actually have a friend who said he likes maybe one or two MJ songs but finds him nothing special...omfg. There are always those exceptions,lol.

That is so sad, it must be difficult to go through life blind and deaf!

I must tell a little story, maybe off topic here, sorry 'bout that!

I'm working with kids, taking care of them at the age span of 8-14yr.
I use to play MJ for them, whatever we do. Table Tennis, waterfighting, soccer, no matter what. MJ is on, and everyone loves it. It just make a difference in peoples mind, and in their mood.

Anyways. At one time, i took the HIStory Munich DVD with me to work, and i started it. Without telling anyone, i just sat there alone and watched MJs journey into spaceship :p
As soon as he comes up on stage, everyone in the room came over to me, asked what it was. I wasn't telling, so they took a seat, and sat there with me. MJ was kicking the door out, and just stood there. And everyone, i mean EVERYONE in the room had this look at their face. Like it was something they had never seen before, something alien. They were stunned! MJ was on this little old TV screen, and he did'nt even start singing yet, and just EVERYONE was blown away!

I believe at the time we were 15-20 people watching this show, and the got me to rewind several times, so they could take pictures with their cellphones of Michael performing his songs. Litteraly they got up to the screen, maked me pause at several spots, and took a photo of the TV.

This was a very speciel moment for me, that I never forget. And i realize that they had the same moment. It was just magical, and we all could feel that.

That's the impact I believe MJ has on the "public", on people who's not a fan!...

After seeing Michael's Wembley concert, thoughts:

He looked truly happy on stage :wub:

I understand what Mikhail Baryshnikov meant when he said this: "not even his turns or his grabbing his crotch. Just his simple, bouncy walk across the stage, that was what was most beautiful and arresting, swinging his hips, kicking his heel forward.

I understand why Fred Astaire said the 2 following quotes:
“Oh, God! That boy moves in a very exceptional way. That’s the greatest dancer of the century”.
“I didn’t want to leave this world without knowing who my descendant was. Thank you Michael!”

I also agree with P Diddy who said the following:
"Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see the beat,” “He made the music come to life!!

And this is why the Estate should target on the general public as well, not only to you and me and the rest of us on this forum! Michael has an incredible appeal on the general public! The only thing needed is exposure, visual and auditive exposure.

popcorn-MJ.gif

So today I finally got watch the Wembley DVD for myself at work (HMV) WOW for me it was the worth wait Billie Jean in Particular blew me away, While on my lunch break a few colleagues came in every so often and stopped for a second to look at the DVD in that I had'nt shut up about since May.
Eventually the CD we had on the store speakers came to an end so the assistant manager went to grab something off the shelf instead he went upstairs and grabbed the DVD and put it on the stores DVD player playing the audio through the speaker system You have no idea how hard it was to have my back to the tv and resist turning around to watch it.

Not long after WBSS began people in store began to stop and watch look up at the tv screens and and girl immediately came up to the counter and asked "whats this Michael Jackson DVD you've got on" I explained it was a live DVD of his performance from Wembley and was sold on it own and part of the deluxe version she had pre-ordered she became quite excited and stood not far from the tv screens with her mum watching.
I noticed that other people were stopping and looking up at the screen I served a couple and the guy looked up a few times his mrs was watching the screen from the moment she was in line to be served until he had payed and he had nudge her to get her attention. When I left people around the till area were still continuing to watch the screens whether they were walking out or paying.

Wow its just feels like michaelmaina has once again conquered the world :) but its without the man who made the magic :(

How you are dearly missed michael!

Its been selling very well a group of people were talking about it today

Back