proof that the dragon ball z movie is going to be crap

Chaos

Proud Member
moz-screenshot.jpg
s0905longzu02s.jpg

that is proof ?? OK :) I will take your pooey word for it... I never heard of it anyway :lol:

piccilo is suppose to be a super cool green alien :(

making him white is like making The Hulk look anorexic

mmmm :eek:k: gotcha

so this is a comic or cartoon being made into a movie ??

its an anime show being made into a "crap" movie :(

I'm not the biggest dbz fan but I hate when they screw things around like this :-\

U haven't heard of Drangon Ball Z Chichi?! :huh:

Piccolo as Chaos said, super cool green alien.

piccolo8tz.jpg

Dragonball is an anime (japanese animation) series.

A monkey-tailed boy named Son Goku is found by an old martial arts expert and raised as his grandson. One day, during a full moon, Goku transforms into a giant ape and accidentally kills his adopted grandfather, but later has no recollection of it. Several years later, Bulma, on a quest to retrieve the seven Dragon Balls and have her wish granted by the dragon that will appear, meets Goku, now living alone with the four-star Dragon Ball that he treats as his dead grandfather. Goku decides to accompany Bulma on her quest, and along the way, meets and befriends many martial artists, undergoes rigorous martial arts training regimes and educational programs, and faces various challengers and villains, often at the Tenka-ichi Budōkai.
As the series continues, Goku goes from childhood into adulthood, and his first child, Son Gohan goes through similar experiences. As Goku evolves, so do many his rivals, including Piccolo and Vegeta, with some changing from evil to good. Goku himself dies and comes back to life several times, and becomes the top martial arts superhero in the universe.

Dragon Ball is one of the most popular manga series of its time, and it continues to enjoy high readership today. By 2000, more than 126 million copies of its tankōbon volumes had been sold in Japan alone.[1] By 2007, this number had grown to pass 150 million.[6] It is the "quintessential mainstream manga" driven by an unending story. Its immense popularity resulted in the series being continuously extended, first through the use of acrobatic devices that regularly kept the series from falling into the routine characters and story lines, then by having the central characters surpass death itself using miraculous devises. In Little Boy: The Art of Japan's Exploding Subculture Takashi Murakami notes that Dragon Ball's "never-ending cyclical narrative moves forward plausibly, seamlessly, and with great finesse."[1] Goku's journey and his ever growing strength resulted in the character winning "the admiration of young boys everywhere".[2]
In a survey conducted by Oricon in 2007 between 1,000 people, Son Goku, the main character of the series, ranked first place as the "Strongest Manga character of all time."[29] Other manga artists, such as Naruto creator Masashi Kishimoto and One Piece creator Eiichiro Oda, have stated that Goku inspired their series' main protagonists as well series structure.[30][31]
When TV Asahi conducted an online poll for the top one hundred anime, the Dragon Ball series came in place twelve

Basically, Dragonball is one of the most successful anime series ever.

here are some clips

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=y8jNJIRH3YI
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=_hSSDRAuyXk
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs4LjRsg8ss

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpi98jlAhKA
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=QS5ow55g_jk
[youtube]http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=5DrUJLsiL8w[/youtube]

Some adapations of anime turn out to be very good, but I'm not sure what DBZ will end up like :unsure:

Is this a Japanese or American production?

I want them to do an Inuyasha movie...but do it well lol

That would be a diaster :bugeyed

There are some more movies coming next year and in 2010:
Astro Boy
Battle of The Planets
Robotech
Akira
Battle Angel Alita
Cowboy Bebop

Hopefully, they'll do Cowboy Bebop justice:angel:

I want them to do an Inuyasha movie...but do it well lol

Oh dear, that would be SO wrong :lol:

Believe me, it would be much too full of special effects and still wouldn't look good. Besides, I've seen plenty of Inuyasha cosplayers (of various characters) and they just looked too...unrealistic.

This is an American production, unfortunately:sad:

Say what? :blink: This is bad :doh:

Honestly, I never understood why American producers try to do remakes of Japanese productions... :no: And no, this is not an attack towards American productions or America, but there are certain aspects concerning the Japanese personality and culture that just can't be imitated, no matter how good of an actor you are. And without them, the story loses it's charm.

The best adaptation of an anime I've seen so far is Death Note. Both movies get a 10+ from me.
But, of course, there's gonna be an American version of Death Note as well. I don't even imagine how it's gonna turn out :doh: :no: :cry:

There are some more movies coming next year and in 2010:
Astro Boy
Battle of The Planets
Robotech
Akira
Battle Angel Alita
Cowboy Bebop

Don't tell me all of them are gonna be American :blink: :praying

Oh dear, that would be SO wrong :lol:

Believe me, it would be much too full of special effects and still wouldn't look good. Besides, I've seen plenty of Inuyasha cosplayers (of various characters) and they just looked too...unrealistic.

Say what? :blink: This is bad :doh:

Honestly, I never understood why American producers try to do remakes of Japanese productions... :no: And no, this is not an attack towards American productions or America, but there are certain aspects concerning the Japanese personality and culture that just can't be imitated, no matter how good of an actor you are. And without them, the story loses it's charm.

The best adaptation of an anime I've seen so far is Death Note. Both movies get a 10+ from me.
But, of course, there's gonna be an American version of Death Note as well. I don't even imagine how it's gonna turn out :doh: :no: :cry:

Don't tell me all of them are gonna be American :blink: :praying

There's going to be US adaption of Death Note? I haven't heard about it. They usually wait until the franchise becomes very popular and well known.

And yes, they'll all American adaptions, but the Astro Boy is going to be a good one

Battle Angel Alita is being done by James Cameron and he's been working on it for about 5 years now. He wants it to do the series justice. He's a huge fan of anime also, so that's always a great indicator:punk:

There's going to be US adaption of Death Note? I haven't heard about it. They usually wait until the franchise becomes very popular and well known.

Yepp, it's being done. (after 10 production companies had offered to do it :mello: )

Death Note is most probably the most well-known Japanese animation (whether manga, anime or movie). So I'm not surprised.

I do hope they won't ruin L :doh:

Yepp, it's being done. (after 10 production companies had offered to do it :mello: )

Death Note is most probably the most well-known Japanese animation (whether manga, anime or movie). So I'm not surprised.

I do hope they won't ruin L :doh:
I hope it's done better than this Dragonball movie. The fanboys are already pissed about the Cowboy Bebop news:doh:

Back