Producer: MJ wanted One Day In Your Life at his funeral

sunnyday81

Proud Member
Washington, June 30 (ANI): Michael Jackson's former producer has revealed that the King of Pop wanted 1981 tune 'One Day In Your Life' to be played at his farewell 'concert'.
The track was recorded by Jackson for his 1975 album Forever, and he himself thought if would make a great tune for his funeral, reports Contactmusic.
The song's co-writer and producer, Samm Brown recalls, "It's a very prophetic song. The lyrics are very deep and Michael even told me, 'This would be a good song for my obituary or my funeral.'"
Brown insists the song was always one of Michael's favourites: "He liked using that part of his voice. He had incredible range but he liked that sound."
He adds, "Michael was such a perfectionist and he had a lot of stuff that he didn't use. I know for a fact that Motown record label has a deep vault and I would say there are 100 or more tracks sitting at Motown alone.
"Plus there will be somebody in his (Jackson) camp who will want to release all of the lost tracks he recorded - dating way back to the 1960s. There's huge money to be made off of these recordings, and this is the way of the music business - it's still a business." (ANI)

http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/109126

Beyond beautiful. Michael's voice in it is enough to bring you to tears.

omg i used to get goosebumps listening to that track(im a guy!!) and that was before he passed away - one of my fav's

One Day In Your Life is one of my all-time favorites. I remember listening to it in the early 80's during the Thriller era a lot.

After MJ passed on to heaven, I was just absolutely stunned initially....I felt numb. But then late, late that night I listened to One Day In Your Life and I cried for first time in a LONG time.

Oh my god...it's my favourite song since the very beginning of my fandom. I've been listening to it every single night since Friday.

I always knew it was one of his faves...but I didn't know he loved it so much he'd want it played at his funeral.
This revelation is so beautiful and sad...

I m about to cry again to read this thread. :( OMG I love this song ..
I 'd like to have this song for my funeral too

I've thought about this song on and off since Thursday. I think it would be a perfect song to have at his funeral. It would make everyone think about how he was treated when he was alive.

Though you don't need me now
I will stay in your heart

Beautiful song :(

Omg... I LOVE that song, his voice in it, the message, emotions is what got me to love it. I always cried to it; looks like I have another reason to now. :(

you know guys i don't really believe that Michael was talking about his funerals. when Bashir asked him about it - i got the impression that it wasnt something Michael liked discussing. i might be wrong of course

One day in your life
you'll remember a place
Someone's touching your face
You'll come back and you'll look around you

One day in your life
You'll remember the love you found here
You'll remember me somehow
And when things fall apart
You'll remember one day...

One day in your life
When you find that you're always waiting
For the love we used to share
Just call my name
And I'll be there

(Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh...)

You'll remember me somehow
And when things fall apart
You'll remember one day...

One day in your life
When you find that you're always longing
for the love we used to share
Just call my name
And I'll be there

(Ohh...)

you know guys i don't really believe that Michael was talking about his funerals. when Bashir asked him about it - i got the impression that it wasnt something Michael liked discussing. i might be wrong of course
yep michael didn't like to think or talk about death, to him it was all about life
I'm sure michael was just talking in general...

yep michael didn't like to think or talk about death, to him it was all about life
I'm sure michael was just talking in general...

In this case, (about One Day In Your Life) Michael was talking about the music mainly...and then associating it with how nice it'd be at a/his funeral.
In the Bashit doc, he was being asked straight-up how he'd like to be buried or something like that (which was pretty distasteful).
I'm sure Michael thought a LOT about death. Read 'Dancing the Dream' (again if you already have) and you'll see how deep his philosophy on life, death, the afterlife and spirits were. Michael thought about everything...he can go on and on about these topics.
It's just that Bashir was definitely not going for a conversation about philosophy, so Mike was probably like "Uhhh, No."

Words can't describe how sad I am right now. I keep flitting between angry and sad but really, I'm just sad through and through. :( I miss him so much. I find it hard to believe I'll be able to listen to this song again in a long time.

wow, I adore this song so much. I used to cry a lot while listening to that song. Michael's voice is so sweet, beautiful and different in that song. :cry: I miss you, Michael!

Back