Privacy

mjroxworld

Proud Member
I have listened to "Privacy" several times, and when Michael sings the part of about "Why did my friend have to die...", etc., the person I keep picturing him talking about was Princess Diana. She and her friend were trying to escape the paparazzi when they got into that horrible and deadly car crash back in 1997; an event which greatly affected Michael. Does anyone else feel he was talking about Diana, or do you think he was talking about someone else? If someone else, why?

Everybody dies, and Death itself is sad. But you have to pick up and move on. Its a basic part of life, and no it wasnt about Diana its about Pete Burns. I heard Pete and Mike used to kick back at the Studio, and talk about Chinese food. Its definitely about Pete Burns. No doubt.

I always thought it was about Diana. Who is Pete Burns and can you give us the details? As much as I thought it was about Diana, there were parts that didn't make sense, so maybe you could shed some light on it.

Yes, please. i don't know who this Pete Burns guy is either.
Was he also killed as a result of paparazzi? because that is who this song is directed toward.

Are you talking about Pete Burns from the 1980s band Dead Or Alive? He's not dead as far as I know. Why would Mike sing about him? I really doubt the song is about Pete.

Are you talking about Pete Burns from the 1980s band Dead Or Alive? He's not dead as far as I know. Why would Mike sing about him? I really doubt the song is about Pete.

LMAO!!!
Yeah, thats who I was referring to. I was just kidding about that. I was merely just playing!

I think its about Diana too! Did you know, Michael got the news when he just woke up. When he heard the news, he just sat on the bed and cried... awww...

It's pretty obvious that line was about Diana, I have never thought any different.. Actually I didn't even think about it at all, It just is what it is.

ok, I think we are all in pretty much a concencus that it's talking about Diana. Just wanted to know what others thought. Thank you!

Back