Prince No Fan Of Versus Michael Jackson Parties

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
mjprince.jpg
Michael Jackson & Prince. Photos: NYMag.com & Gettyimages.com

Dj Spinna is bringing his Prince and Michael Jackson party to Los Angeles this Friday for Soul Slam L.A. at the echoplex and then San Francisco this Saturday and although the [COLOR=#0000FF ! important][COLOR=#0000FF ! important]music[/COLOR][/COLOR] and fun will be the same, one thing is different and it’s because of Prince.
For 5 years running, it was called Prince versus Michael Jackson but Prince let it be known he does not like the whole versus thing with MJ no longer being here.
DJ Spinna said “I met Prince and we spoke about this whole versus thing and he’s not a big fan of the idea of it being ‘versus.”
“After Michael’s death we decided to call the party Prince and Michael … because it’s not really fair.”
“I think people are more keen to hearing his music and celebrating it even more. I can feel the energy in the room every time I play his music … way more than before.”
Prince has never attended the parties but one of his DJ’s Rashida Robinson has DJ’d them in the past and perhaps that is how Spinna was able to talk to the Purple One about his feelings on this.
Spinna knows just what he would play for Prince if he did show up; “I think if he actually showed up I would have to get a little deep and go beyond the pop hits. He’s a real musician … he’s real serious about his craft,”
“Maybe if it’s a cut that everyone doesn’t necessarily know off-hand, I would do it for him, just to let him know that I know what time it is.”
“She’s Always In My Hair” would go over quite well with him Spinna. Trust me.
If you are planning on attending the Soul Slam event in Los Angeles, go HERE or San Francisco, go HERE. Soul Slam is usually in high demand and should be more so since these are the first Soul Slam events on the West Coast since Michael’s untimely passing last June.
I will be at the Los Angeles one this Friday. Always looking forward to good music and this should be cool.-Dr.FB

i don't know if he could know how much the energy increased since Michael's death, since i'd bet he didn't play MJ's music as much, while he was alive..

anyway...everytime Prince is caught in a photograph, he looks like he has that smirk. in a weird way, it reminds me of Elvis.

I think they do play MJ's music a lot at a MJ VS. Prince party. I was told about them having them here in NY and I heard theyw ere slammin. All night long they played Prince and MJ. Could you imagine such a party. (I mean only if you are fans of both). They party to early morn' off of both of their music. I was told it was supreme and packed EVERY time they had them.

I went to one last year AUGUST and It was great. They played Michael's(A little), Prince's and Janet's. I had to leave by midnight and when i asked my MJ friends how it was after midnight, they said the DJ Played ONLY Michael's MUSIC after! I was sooo upset...but hopefully there's gonna be another one...

L.o.v.e.
Romi

They have always been trying to create an imaginary feud between prince and Michael that was never there.

i wish i could go to one of those partys. A party that just plays MJ and Prince music is one thing i would like to be at.

There's always been people that think Prince was not appreciative of Michael's work, I am not one of them.

If anything, the way I would take Prince's statement (if quoted accurately), is that Prince does not find it appropriate to use the word "VERSUS" in r/t a MJ/Prince event out of respect to Michael since his death.

jmo

I think they always respected each other. Prince used to play Billie Jean in his concerts and also attended MJ concerts (I have heard of him going backstage and meet Michael in a concert of Bad Tour) and I have heard Michael liked and listened to Prince's music. So I think there was mutual respect. It was just the media trying to make a "rivalry" of it.

I think they always respected each other. Prince used to play Billie Jean in his concerts and also attended MJ concerts (I have heard of him going backstage and meet Michael in a concert of Bad Tour) and I have heard Michael liked and listened to Prince's music. So I think there was mutual respect. It was just the media trying to make a "rivalry" of it.
Prince has played several of Michael's songs on tour

The Way You Make Me Feel during some of the Lovesexy Tour concerts, he's done I Want You Back, Shake Your Body Down To The Ground, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough, Billie Jean, and Janet's What Have You Done For Me Lately at various concerts

Prince has played several of Michael's songs on tour

The Way You Make Me Feel during some of the Lovesexy Tour concerts, he's done I Want You Back, Shake Your Body Down To The Ground, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough, Billie Jean, and Janet's What Have You Done For Me Lately at various concerts

Cool, I didn't know that :)

Back