President Obama wins reelection

qbee

Proud Member
President Obama wins reelection,
beats Mitt Romney to get four more years in White House

Romney lost his native Michigan and current home state of Massachusetts. Combined with his loss in Wisconsin, the birthplace of his running mate Paul Ryan, the GOP ticket became the first national ticket to lose both candidates’ home states since Democrats George McGovern and Sargent Shriver did in 1972.

obama-1.jpg

After a tense and bitter campaign, President Obama rolled to reelection Tuesday night, winning a new chance to repair the nation’s economy and fulfill the promises of hope and change he made four years ago.

The networks called the race shortly after 11:10 p.m., as a series of swing states fell in rapid succession to give Obama the 270 electoral votes he needed to defeat Republican challenger Mitt Romney.

First Pennsylvania, then New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Iowa and Colorado fell to Obama. When Ohio was called for the incumbent, a roar went up at Obama’s Chicago headquarters.

Moments later, Obama sent this message on Twitter: “We’re all in this together. That’s how we campaigned, and that’s who we are.”

obama-2.jpg

He struck the same note of unity two and a half hours later, when he spoke to his supporters and the nation from a boisterous rally in his hometown of Chicago.

“We are an American family and we rise and fall together as one nation and one people,” he said. “We know in our hearts that in the United States of America the best is yet to come.”

“Our economy is recovering. A decade of war is ending. Our long campaign is now over. And whether I earned your vote or not, I have listed to you, I learned from you,” Obama said. “Tonight you voted for action, not politics as usual. You elected us to focus on your jobs, not ours. And in the coming weeks and months, I am looking forward to reaching out and working with leaders of both parties.”

obama-biden.jpg

President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden embrace after his victory speech.

Romney faced a glum crowd of supporters in Boston at 12:55 a.m. and offered his congratulations to Obama.

“I wish all of them well, but particularly the president, the first lady and their daughters,” Romney said.

“This is a time of great challenges for America and I pray the President is successful in guiding our nation,” Romney said. “We look to Democrats and Republicans in government at all levels to put the people before politics.”

mitt-romney.jpg

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney delivers his concession speech at an election night rally at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center.

The nation’s first African-American President will take his second oath of office on Jan. 20, having beaten back a Republican Party that vowed to make him a one-term President.

But Obama will have little time to celebrate as he returns to a gridlocked Washington after a bitter campaign that may have only hardened the partisan divide.
He will face a divided capital — Democrats held onto the Senate while Republicans remain in control of the House of Representatives — and a looming fiscal cliff that could slash government spending and raise taxes on most Americans.

Both sides had settled in for a long Election Night, preparing to potentially wait days for an outcome. Instead, the night ended with surprising and decisive swiftness.

Early returns showed neck-and-neck contests in virtually every one of the nine battleground states. But they fell one after another, just as the polls predicted, almost all going for the President.

chicago.jpg

President Barack Obama supporters cheer while watching the returns prior to his election night rally in Chicago, November 6, 2012

MORE: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/president-obama-wins-reelection-article-1.1197822

President Obama raps 'U Can't Touch This' in new viral music video
By Randee Dawn, TODAY contributor

Tuesday night, President Barack Obama won another four years in office, which means someone else also just got re-elected: Fadi Saleh, the genius behind BaracksDubs, will now have a second term to keep producing hilarious, quick-cut videos of the president "singing" to popular tunes.

And Saleh, a 19-year-old biochemistry major, is wasting no time; last night, he posted his first post-election mash-up of clips from Obama speeches married with MC Hammer's 1990 hit "U Can't Touch This."

In the short video, Obama may look presidential at the podium, standing in front of numerous cheering crowds, but thanks to the terrific editing and vocal tweaks, he gets down and funky, even removing his jacket at one point and uttering "Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots" randomly at the end.

:clapping: for Obama

And the last video is so funny!

I was checking CNN about the elections, as much as I don't care for elections, there wasn't anything on for me to watch so I have to put the election, after 11:00pm (EST) I was watching Obama's Headquarters in Chicago and they played "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" I was like "Hey! Alright!"

What a relief on election night when President Obama was re-elected and our country was saved from the likes of Mitt Romney. PoP, I was watching when they played that song at Obama's headquarters. And it was the actual original recording, not some staid MJ cover song like the GOP played at their convention lol.

Back