Prediction for 2011 and beyond - no #1's for MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

deano

Proud Member
Having thought long and hard about the latest debacle surrounding MJ - the 'fake' vocals fiasco - I have come to the conclusion that MJ will never have another #1 single or album in the US or UK. MJ's best success is behind us, and we will just have to accept that he will continue to diminish as a 'relevant' artist from here on. It's sad, but true.

Due to what has happened with the 'Michael' album, I get the feeling that the normal music buying public are growing tired of MJ and the 'controversy' that follows his every release. Immediately after he died the public were ready to put all of that behind them and concentrate on his music. Unfortunately, with what has happened since then - mainly the sh*t dished out by his family and 'fans' - I feel they have given up, once and for all, on dealing with the nonsense that follows him even after death.

Yes, Thriller and Number Ones will continue to sell at a slow but steady pace, but future releases will gradually be ignored to a greater and greater extent. Afterall, some 'fans' may cry out for "untouched demos" and "another greatest hits package with xxxx (already heard on the net!) on", but the general public will not be interested.

Let's face it guys, it's all downhill from here - charts and sales wise - so, get out your old albums, pretend you back in the day when MJ was at the top, and enjoy the felings of what used to be. The #1's for MJ - and least in the US and UK - are never going to happen again.

What a very imature post, the Michael album has sold over 1 million copies world wide in just 2 weeks, thats not a flop!

Waste of web space. You wrote the same thing in the album thread...I reckon it is your personal belief. If the general public is sick of Michael Jackson, how do you explain the Game's success? 1.6M in 4 weeks.

Next.

I disagree. I think the controversy just can't be endless now when he is gone..

mainly the sh*t dished out by his family and 'fans'

Will you please stop with that crap? Honest to god, i'm suprised the apostrophe (') button on your keyboard isnt broken by now.

the general public is not aware what some fans write on some message board somewhere in the internet. why would they. its all about if the music is good, and if they get a chance to hear it.
Sony will never push any of the new releases like they did with Michaels old albums, these times are over for multiple reasons.

Michaels musical legacy and the controvery about his person will never die, because thats what the brand MICHAEL JACKSON is made of.

Just learn to live with it. :)

patient! Monster has a chance imo! And slave to the rhythm, blue ganster and do you know where your children are also!

Waste of web space. You wrote the same thing in the album thread...I reckon it is your personal belief. If the general public is sick of Michael Jackson, how do you explain the Game's success? 1.6M in 4 weeks.

Next.

It's current 'FACT' - and it will continue to be so I'm afraid.

The game's success is due to it being a 'first' - even though I'm not sure it even made #1 in the US or UK - but you wait until the 2nd/3rd/4th MJ games have been released (like the 10 'GH's' we've had), the demand won't be there I'm afraid.

The UK and US have finally had enough of the 'drama' surrounding MJ, his family, and his 'fans' - and we all know where the fault lies.

the general public is not aware what some fans write on some message board somewhere in the internet. why would they. its all about if the music is good, and if they get a chance to hear it.
Sony will never push any of the new releases like they did with Michaels old albums, these times are over for multiple reasons.

Michaels musical legacy and the controvery about his person will never die, because thats what the brand MICHAEL JACKSON is made of.

Just learn to live with it. :)

You're wrong. The controversy has been all over the media - even the songs that should not be in question are 'mocked' by the press for being 'fake'. Where have the media picked this up from? The 'fans'.

The general public are tired of it all (in the US and UK at least). and there aren't enough MJ fans alone to make his future projects a success.

I stand by what I have said. We will never again see an MJ #1 album or single in the US or UK.

Complete and utter waste of time.

Michael Jackson's 'Number Ones' is outselling the debacle that is 'Michael' in the UK. The general public love Michael Jackson. 'Number Ones' is at number 16 this week while the botch-job that is 'Michael' is at number 30 (even with it's poster/radio AND tv campaign). So don't tell me that Michael Jackson doesn't sell. The general public are just not being fooled by Sony nor Sony's intentions.

Will you please stop with that crap? Honest to god, i'm suprised the apostrophe (') button on your keyboard isnt broken by now.

Am I right in saying, after all the "crap" you dished out about boycotting the album (and telling others not to), you bought it??

There is a word for people like you.

Also, should you be mocking people for their gramma when your's is so poor?

Somebody ban this guy again, he does nothing but stir things up. He adds nothing to the discussion, he just rants.

samhabib;3170105 said:
Complete and utter waste of time.

Michael Jackson's 'Number Ones' is outselling the debacle that is 'Michael' in the UK. The general public love Michael Jackson. 'Number Ones' is at number 16 this week while the botch-job that is 'Michael' is at number 30 (even with it's poster/radio AND tv campaign). So don't tell me that Michael Jackson doesn't sell. The general public are just not being fooled by Sony nor Sony's intentions.

Sell 'Michael' for £3 (YES £3!!!) like 'Number Ones' and it will shoot up the charts!

It's still not #1 though is it? How does this disprove my point!?

Somebody ban this guy again, he does nothing but stir things up. He adds nothing to the discussion, he just rants.

You have added nothing to this discussion - in fact I thought you had me on 'ignore' - but you have just come on here to inflame as usual. I will have to report you if it continues.

Add something to the discussion or stay away.

Michael's album is a huge success, the only thing, Michael is not here to promote it.

Kanye West was the BEST album in 2010 by far! Everyone loves it, but it didn't hit the number one spot in my country, but that doesn't mean the album is not good, now does it?

There will be many more good things to come from Michael Jackson in the future. I am sure. Have some hope, joy and blessings.

Michael's album is a huge success, the only thing, Michael is not here to promote it.

Kanye West was the BEST album in 2010 by far! Everyone loves it, but it didn't hit the number one spot in my country, but that doesn't mean the album is not good, now does it?

There will be many more good things to come from Michael Jackson in the future. I am sure. Have some hope, joy and blessings.

But I'm specifically talking about a #1 album or single in the US or UK. Do you honestly think this will ever happen again?

I agree we will see a nice 'unseen' picture of MJ, or hear a 'never heard before' demo on the internet at some time in the future - but that is different to what I am saying.

Am I right in saying, after all the "crap" you dished out about boycotting the album (and telling others not to), you bought it??

There is a word for people like you.

Also, should you be mocking people for their gramma when your's is so poor?

I dont recall ever telling others not to buy the album. You cant create an arguement based on assumptions Deano. I changed my mind about buying the album months ago, and I made that known. After I calmed down a bit I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and buy the album just to get 'the name Michael Jackson' to number 1.

Go on, what's the word for people like me?

I'm not mocking your grammar either, its quite correct. You just use it to much, that is all.

well i know what has happened over the new album :yes: but look at how many it sold :Dand i know there is two or three more albums to come but i do get what your saying :yes:but only a little bit :yes:

do we really need the negativity?

and remember the vocals debate are to be discussed in certain threads do not carry that discussion to other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back