Posthumous German award for Michael Jackson

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member

(AFP)
DRESDEN, Germany — The late pop legend Michael Jackson will be awarded a posthumous prize for his global charity work at an opera gala in Germany this week, organisers said Wednesday.

The director of Friday's Semper Opera Ball Hans-Joachim Frey, said the King of Pop would be recognised for his humanitarian efforts at the glittering society event in the restored Baroque city of Dresden.

Jackson's elder sister La Toya, a guest of honour at the ball, would receive the award.

"Michael Jackson supported 39 foundations and charity projects, started his own foundation and donated a total of more than 300 million dollars," Frey said.

At the same event, where more than 2,000 guests are expected, Spanish tenor Jose Carreras will accept a prize for artistic achievement.

Jackson died suddenly last June at the age of 50. His humanitarian work focused heavily on children's charities.

Copyright © 2010 AFP. All rights reserved

(AFP)
DRESDEN, Germany — The late pop legend Michael Jackson will be awarded a posthumous prize for his global charity work at an opera gala in Germany this week, organisers said Wednesday.

The director of Friday's Semper Opera Ball Hans-Joachim Frey, said the King of Pop would be recognised for his humanitarian efforts at the glittering society event in the restored Baroque city of Dresden.

Jackson's elder sister La Toya, a guest of honour at the ball, would receive the award.

"Michael Jackson supported 39 foundations and charity projects, started his own foundation and donated a total of more than 300 million dollars," Frey said.

At the same event, where more than 2,000 guests are expected, Spanish tenor Jose Carreras will accept a prize for artistic achievement.

Jackson died suddenly last June at the age of 50. His humanitarian work focused heavily on children's charities.

Copyright © 2010 AFP. All rights reserved

Thank you, that's great!
But everytime I read things like "La Toya will be there to take the award" I get sad... :(

That's great, thank you for posting this. Finally Michael's humanitarian efforts get some recognition.

Great news.
Pity though, that all the wonderful things he's done are only coming to light now. Where was this recognition when he was alive?
Better late than never, I guess.

Great news. I love german people. And they love Michael.

Tks.

Aw this is great! Wish Michael was here to accept the award himself but still great. He deserves this. :)

2rxbfhz.jpg

[YOUTUBE]DWeDracceZE[/YOUTUBE]

Bless her heart...:lol:...That was a very nice speech...:D

For the life of me, i cant stop laughing because of the part where she goes
"Michael and I would sit there and just play for 2, 3 and 4 hours, and I'd say 'you have to go to the studio' and he says 'but you dont you can stay longer'.*giggle*, and I would, I would stay longer and just spend my time with them" :D

I know she means it but the way she talks always gets me...:lol:

Thankyou for sharing :D

L.O.V.E.
Romi

The interpreter sucks so bad!!! He leaves out whole sentences!! *frustrated*

^^exactly. The guy did a poor translation

I saw sister LaTOYA on TV. What a wonderful speech and she did not even need a script (while the female host did). I love to hear La Toyas voice. Anyway, it was touching, esp. the part with he "fed the elderly" brought me to tears

Back