Post Office Question

BillieJean84

Proud Member
When mail does not come on Sun & holidays, does that mean the Post office is still open & the mail-ppl are still gathering mail & just not delivering to homes? or does that mean p.o. is closed & they stay home on sun and on holiday and make the mail wait til Mon to get organzied?

I don't know how it is in the USA but I've worked for the finnish post and it's running pretty much 24/7. Holidays are off, but we worked on normal sundays. Doing night shifts too. The local post offices probably don't have nights shifts/sundays, but I think they have to get the post as ready as possible before they leave. Like what comes in must go out before the end of the day.

Post office is closed on Sundays and Holidays. I think like Raingirl said, they just make sure to have it ready before they leave.

the post office you go to, isn't open. It's a place of business so they are closed. But your mail is still moving around, like on a plane or big trucks. I remember watching a video about the post office when I was little. That and hot air balloons.....want to know about those? lol

Back