Possible reason new album is taking so long

goldiewashington

Proud Member
Been doing some googling this morning and noticed where on wikipedia there's a claim that Michael Jackson wanted to record and release 30 songs for the Bad album, but was later talked out of it. A lot of people see this album as being Michael's last hurrah, and I have seen several posts hoping for just one more album.

So in addition to being his normal "picky" self, if MJ himself sees this as his last album, maybe he is planning on releasing a monstrosity of a album to satisfy us for many years to come.

why is it so hard for ppl to believe that Michael may continue with music later on? :)

it's not as if he is 80.

even if he was... :)

It won't be his last, he might not make the same music anymore he could take a different route.

But he wont ever give up

I think it will be his last album (meaning completely new studio albums), but I don't think it would be that wise to release double- or triple discs nowadays when the album sales are just declining.. He could very well release like 50 songs digitally only if he just chose 12 or 14 for the physical album that would be include the main single releases.

he's got three kids, he's working on a clothing line, he keeps moving, he's renovating his business circle, he's evaluating deals to perform.....

I want it to be his last album. If this album does well and I'm assuming it will, he should leave while he's on top. He's been in the game too long. If it takes Michael a year or two more to release the album, then so be it.

With that aside, how long was Michael working on Invincible? 3, 4 years? I wouldn't be shocked if the album isn't released 'till late '09.

This theory doesn't sound logical at all. Michael always records many, many songs for his albums. Some partly, others complete. That doesn't mean he planned multiple releases. The only multiple disc release, HIStory, was something Michael didn't stand behind. He only wanted the disc with the new songs. And overflowing the market with like 30 or 40 songs is something he never did.

A claim on Wikipedia can be complete BS, because it's maintained by users. It's a nice source for some things, but should never be blindly trusted.

Michael isn't taking long. Axl Rose has been making an album for 15 years lol.

why is it so hard for ppl to believe that Michael may continue with music later on? :)

it's not as if he is 80.

even if he was... :)

It won't be his last, he might not make the same music anymore he could take a different route.

But he wont ever give up

i dont think it will be his last album

Although I really really really really DON'T want this to be his last album something inside me says it might be. I mean so far its been almost 8 years since invincible and we still have no album. He is 50 this year, if he takes another 8 year to release another he'll be 58! :no:

He may want to retire soon, but Michael if you read this DON'T RETIRE! We know you LOVE music, its in your blood, never stop writing, creating, recording, releasing your music :angel:

I think it will be his last album (meaning completely new studio albums), but I don't think it would be that wise to release double- or triple discs nowadays when the album sales are just declining.. He could very well release like 50 songs digitally only if he just chose 12 or 14 for the physical album that would be include the main single releases.

I agree the price would be too high for regular fans/consumers to purchase

very much doubt this will be his last effort; times are changing and his future works could very well be produced without looking at a one-shot compiled album. i can't see Mike shying away from musical projects of new material so early.

Although I really really really really DON'T want this to be his last album something inside me says it might be. I mean so far its been almost 8 years since invincible and we still have no album. He is 50 this year, if he takes another 8 year to release another he'll be 58! :no:
However, three out of these past eight years were completely stolen from him when he was forced to put everything on hold to defend his life against false allegations and controversies. That took more out of him than any of us could ever imagine, and as such it took another couple of years for him to mentally and physically recover from that mess. He has released albums, on average, every 4-5 years. So, if we take away 2003-2005 from this decade, he's still pretty much right on track. It's been a chaotic eight years for him, with the Sony conflict, the Bashir controversy, the trial, etc... Thankfully that's all history.

I really do not believe this will be his last release at all, although the decision would be entirely his own. Many legends have released albums well into their seventies, and Michael and music seem inseparable.

EVEN if he would come out and say he was going to hang up his fedora and call this next album his last, I still wouldn't put it out of the question. He released a statement after the Bad tour and said that would be his last, but then he came back with the Dangerous tour, and then the HIStory tour :lol:.

However, three out of these past eight years were completely stolen from him when he was forced to put everything on hold to defend his life against false allegations and controversies. That took more out of him than any of us could ever imagine, and as such it took another couple of years for him to mentally and physically recover from that mess. He has released albums, on average, every 4-5 years. So, if we take away 2003-2005 from this decade, he's still pretty much right on track. It's been a chaotic eight years for him, with the Sony conflict, the Bashir controversy, the trial, etc... Thankfully that's all history.

I really do not believe this will be his last release at all, although the decision would be entirely his own. Many legends have released albums well into their seventies, and Michael and music seem inseparable.

EVEN if he would come out and say he was going to hang up his fedora and call this next album his last, I still wouldn't put it out of the question. He released a statement after the Bad tour and said that would be his last, but then he came back with the Dangerous tour, and then the HIStory tour :lol:.
:clapping: Thank you for that TSCM! I agree with everything you've said here.

He's done soooo much already, but there's still soooo much more he could do... :yes: I would list some possible things, but I don't wanna jinx anything. :D

It's not been 8 years since Invincible. It's 7. It's was released 2001. it's now 2008. Just to clear things up :)

Last edited:
I wonder if more than one album will come from these studio sessions. He could be working on a second album to be released sometime in the future (if he doesn't want to record any more new songs)

^ well one thing is for sure.. It's very likely that a song that songs that does not make the album could go on his next album..

Just like how Earth Song was written for the Dangerous album.. There could be tracks used in the future..

I doubt he's making the songs right now for that purpose though.. (another album)

He just makes so many tracks per album.. If he makes roughly 100 songs for each album while being under a label that pressures for a release by a specific date, Michael is probably creating a few hundred songs for this album since he is doing it on his own with no pressure of a specific release time/date.

I know it seems like he's taking an extra long time over this album, but if you think about it -- I mean, taking into account events that took over a large chunk of the past few years, including recovery time -- the whole process of conception, production, and the business side of things (marketing strategy, etc.) will probably have taken about the same amount of time as his previous albums.

he has a crazy vault of material but what gets released is another matter and i think we will get another Project but will it be enough to stay comtempary or will it challenge MJ that is the bigger question?

Back