positive news on radio 1 BBC.

bobmoo79

Proud Member
There was a news report on BBC radio just after 12pm and for once the reporter didn't make a single negative remard. She often presents things with a negative style or slant, so it was a welcome change.
To be honest, there wasn't much other than what we already know but she basically said that Kenny Ortega is the producer/director and that he worked on High School Musical. She also said that reports are coming out from rehearsals that Michael Jackson is in good health and is more than keeping up with dancers half his age.
Obviously the last part is rubbish because a 50 year old man who hasn't done a show in years can not keep up with 20-something professionaly dancers, but it's great that she put that positive spin on her report.

The next news is at 12:45 and throughout the day so I expect the report will be repeated for anybody who is interested.

Obviously the last part is rubbish because a 50 year old man who hasn't done a show in years can not keep up with 20-something professionaly dancers, but it's great that she put that positive spin on her report.

why rubbish? now you mess up a nice positive news report...... the info about mj shape is from Randy Phillips

But AEG's Phillips said Jackson had "filled out" by last November, when discussions about the London concerts began. He said a four-hour physical with an independent physician this spring found no medical problems. In preparation for the shows, Jackson is doing aerobics with a personal trainer and has had no difficulty keeping up with dancers half his age during rehearsals in Burbank, Phillips said.

Come on, professional dancers who are highly trained and well practised are incredibly fit and agile. At 20 something years old they still have the energy and stamina of youth to draw upon.
Michael Jackson is 50 years old. Naturally, even in the fittest state he could be in, he will have less flexibility, less energy and less stamina. That is biological fact.

I was merely stating that the reporter added this positive information when she didn't need to, and that it is a nice change for her. The fact that what she said has no basis in fact makes it even better.

BTW Randy Phillips will say anything positive to hype the concert. Just because he says something, does not make it factual.

There was a news report on BBC radio just after 12pm and for once the reporter didn't make a single negative remard. She often presents things with a negative style or slant, so it was a welcome change.
To be honest, there wasn't much other than what we already know but she basically said that Kenny Ortega is the producer/director and that he worked on High School Musical. She also said that reports are coming out from rehearsals that Michael Jackson is in good health and is more than keeping up with dancers half his age.

The next news is at 12:45 and throughout the day so I expect the report will be repeated for anybody who is interested.

Uhmm.. He is MICHAEL JACKSON!! One man CAN make a difference.. :D Did you see that short performance with James Brown at the BET Awards?? :D

Heart 106.2 in London just said, and started with "No rest for Michael Jackson" I thought it was gonna be bad then they said he is rehearsing 6 hours a day and I think they said 4 days a week :)

Last edited:
Good news! I like the fact that the official press release is being disseminated one way or another to the public in the manner it was supposed to be, rather than being ignored.

ok i felt compelled to respond to this as MICHAEL could well keep up to his younger dancers! How do i know this? Well i train in jeet kune do, this is a very highly complex and very physically demanding fighting method developed by none other than bruce lee! MY SIFU has been trained by an original Student of Bruce lee! He is approaching seventy! My teacher is sixty five , and runs rings round all of his younger students, rangingt in age from thirteen right upto sixties! The key to this fitness ist determination and self motivation! Drive to be the best! Qualities i know MIKE also has! So yes i well believe it! This really is going to be It!

Exactly Xscape. There are quite a few people who are older that can run rings around people half their age. It is called being fit, agile, experience, creativity, discipline and determination.

ok i felt compelled to respond to this as MICHAEL could well keep up to his younger dancers! How do i know this? Well i train in jeet kune do, this is a very highly complex and very physically demanding fighting method developed by none other than bruce lee! MY SIFU has been trained by an original Student of Bruce lee! He is approaching seventy! My teacher is sixty five , and runs rings round all of his younger students, rangingt in age from thirteen right upto sixties! The key to this fitness ist determination and self motivation! Drive to be the best! Qualities i know MIKE also has! So yes i well believe it! This really is going to be It!
:yawn:

Back