Pollstar reports concert tour revenue down

Hmmmm, I can't say I'm surprised, you compare the concerts that are happening now to the ones from the 60's,70's,80's,90's and you see a dramatic difference in quality of concerts IMO.

Now I'm not saying that there is no good concerts anymore, because there is, but whenever I see clips of ones going on today I really don't feel the same kind of magic feeling like the ones in the past. I don't think I'm alone on this..

Hmmmm, I can't say I'm surprised, you compare the concerts that are happening now to the ones from the 60's,70's,80's,90's and you see a dramatic difference in quality of concerts IMO.
A lot of people can't afford to spend much money now. The concerts decades ago were less than $15 US. Now big acts are charging over a hundred bucks, Barbara Striesand tickets are $300 and more. In the mid 1980's people were complaining about the Jacksons Victory tour $30 tickets, lol. Woodstock in 1969 was only $6, and many of the audience there didn't pay at all. A lot of the acts now have turned into their own scalpers. :D

Back