Playmate, Dorothy Stratten

BillieJean84

Proud Member
In 2002, I watched on E!, a THS that really made me very sad & everytime thereafter after that. It was of murdered playmate 1980, Dorothy Hoogstratten (changed to Stratten)

If anyone knows about her already as I do, you know what a tragedy it was and its sad every single time I hear, read & or watch it.

For those who don't know: Dorothy Stratten met a man, Paul Snider at the Dairy Queen she worked at in Vancouver. He was older than she and a arrogant pig who also did not have a job ; he worked at some time as a drug dealer then afterwards he was a promoter for various gigs.

After wanting a divorce after just about a year and a half maybe 2 years of marriage, Dorothy went to their house on Clarkson Rd to talk divorce on August 8. She never returned. Paul shot and killed her and morbidly tortured Dorothy. Half hour after killing her, he shot and killed himself.

I don't know why but her story is one that will stick wiht me forever. Perhaps it is the way she was- very naieve, sweet & charming. Infact, complete opposite of that of any, Playmate. (Being in Playboy was not her idea) she went along with it because Dorothy felt like she owed it to Paul.

I must add that Dorothy started seeing, Peter Bogdanovich during their 6 month shoot of their film, They All Laughed. After Dorothy passed away, Louise, Dorothy's younger sister, and him were there for each other during this really rough time for both of them & ultimately, were married when Louise turned 20 in 1988. They needed each other.

Feb.28 was her birthday ; please check out: www.dorothystratten.com

Anyway this thread is for her. RIP. Only 20 when was killed.

Last edited:
Back