Plaster Cast of MJ’s Face Up for Sale

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
A MASK of Michael Jackson’s face made for the recording of his “Thriller” video is up for sale.

The incredibly-detailed image was created from a plaster cast of MJ back in 1983.

The mask is expected to make thousands at auction in Los Angeles on Saturday.

Dan Levin, of Premiere Props, who are selling it, said: “This is a one-off.”

MJ_white_Face_life_cast_sculptur.jpg

facecast_2999.JPG

Last edited:
Wow... what it would be like to get your hands on that thing. :eek:

What is up with EVERY MJ related thing being sold? Don't we hold him a little more precious than money?

Don't know why but i've always wanted to have one of these ever since I saw it years ago, Iconic because it was used for the Thriller video but yes I can certaintly see wh people would find it creepy now

I don't like it when people sell stuff like this and things like hair. What the...?

Imagine saying "I've got Michael Jackson's hair in my bedroom.." No, it's not cool because he's MJ and freaking legendary. It's just creepy to save anyone's hair IMO.

I don't like it when people sell stuff like this and things like hair. What the...?

Imagine saying "I've got Michael Jackson's hair in my bedroom.." No, it's not cool because he's MJ and freaking legendary. It's just creepy to save anyone's hair IMO.

But this is somewhat different than having someones hair, this is an iconic piece of history!

I have to agree on the hair thing. Before being an icon, Michael was a human being, and should be respected as such. Having piece of people's bodies is not, IMO. Thats me. The cast is a bit different, because it was made to create the Thriller video. It is a part of the history of modern music.
Still, too creepy. I guess because it's the face, and b/c oh the expression I dont want to be reminded of. :(

Hair is a different story.. that's just creepy! I think a face cast would be cool to have but it would make me sad to look at because of his expression :(

http://[URL=http://img810.imageshack.us/i/mjpaintedlifecast3.jpg/][/URL]

I bought one of these (the white plaster version) on ebay from Mr Forsche. I don't find it remotely creepy...its like a piece of sculpture...not much different from having a carved 'bust' of someone. Its very bright white so not really human -seeming. ...I don't think I could live with a handpainted 'lifelike' one, because it just seems too real ( like this one (C) COPYRIGHT MR W FORSCHE) from ebay some time ago.)

I'm not sure I'd have liked an 'older' cast either..this one is long enough ago to feel like art and not like nature.

Last edited:
This is iconic. It is almost an untouched image of Mike before all that plastic surgery and is preserved for posterity.

They exhibited the ghosts cast from 1996 at the michael jackson exhibition at the 02. Really awesome to see his face up close.

I can't believe it... but these casts are not freaking me out, I actually love them and find a life to them. I don't have the money to even consider purchasing one of these things, and I do find selling them very invasive.. but I like them, most surprisingly. ..

quite a nice item to have, i think.
i want one!!

I personally would love to have an outfit he actually wore..

Back