planet earth, the poem

monochrome

Proud Member
i am very much looking forward to hearing this one. i remember the moment i first held the dangerous album in my hands, back in 1991. on the sleeve i saw these lyrics and got very excited about them. i first wrongly took it for words of a song on the album, which i of course could not find...hearing those now, in the movie and on the cd, will finally be like a "mission accomplished". i started wondering why they decided to put that poem onto the 'this is it' album. might it have been intended to be part of the show?? we now know what michael meant to say with 'this is it'. the right time, or better the last chance to DO IT, to save "planet earth'. i now clearly imagine 'planet earth' as a spoken intro or outro of the concerts. do you remember, shortly after michael's death that illusionist (forgot his name) talking about the beginning of the show? there was meant to be a glowing light floating in a sphere on the stage and over the audience to finally land in michael's hand before starting off with 'wanna be starting something'. that would be a perfect visual match for the 'planet earth' poem. could you stage that in a better way?

cant wait for this..loving the Dancing the Dream book to have MJ reading this poem is going to stop my world...

i remember the moment i first held the dangerous album in my hands, back in 1991. on the sleeve i saw these lyrics and got very excited about them.

Here,here :yes: monochrome. I also remember holding the Dangerous album (the vinyl version) and reading all the lyrics. It must have been 1992. I remember that I felt in love with the poem. I actually used to read it out loud. I can't wait to hear Michael's version of it. I'm curious to see how he recites it. A definite tearjerker moment from countless many others I foresee in the movie.

I learnt the words "capricious" and "anomaly" because of this poem all those years ago! :) Haha.

I also think it was probably part of the message he wanted to convey with his concerts...But I never heard the story of that illusionist...where did you read about it?

I also think it was probably part of the message he wanted to convey with his concerts...But I never heard the story of that illusionist...where did you read about it?

I found it again. It was the L.A. Times, June 27

'Jackson hired Ed Alonzo -- a concert magician-comedian known as "the Misfit of Magic," who also worked on Britney Spears' "Circus" tour -- to create two set-piece illusions for his London shows. One illusion set to the opening number involved an illuminated sphere that would have floated around the singer's body, flown out above the audience and then landed back in Jackson's hand before immolating in a blaze of light.'

here's the full article: http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jun/27/entertainment/et-jackson-rehearsal27

it says that it's about the opening number, which today appears to would have been 'WBSS'...

I found it again. It was the L.A. Times, June 27

'Jackson hired Ed Alonzo -- a concert magician-comedian known as "the Misfit of Magic," who also worked on Britney Spears' "Circus" tour -- to create two set-piece illusions for his London shows. One illusion set to the opening number involved an illuminated sphere that would have floated around the singer's body, flown out above the audience and then landed back in Jackson's hand before immolating in a blaze of light.'

here's the full article: http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jun/27/entertainment/et-jackson-rehearsal27

it says that it's about the opening number, which today appears to would have been 'WBSS'...

Thank you for the article. I can only imagine the beauty of it...
I really look forward to the MJ's reading of Planet Earth. I will buy the TII CDs just for that. I will play it before going to sleep.

i am very much looking forward to hearing this one. i remember the moment i first held the dangerous album in my hands, back in 1991. on the sleeve i saw these lyrics and got very excited about them. i first wrongly took it for words of a song on the album, which i of course could not find...hearing those now, in the movie and on the cd, will finally be like a "mission accomplished". i started wondering why they decided to put that poem onto the 'this is it' album. might it have been intended to be part of the show?? we now know what michael meant to say with 'this is it'. the right time, or better the last chance to DO IT, to save "planet earth'. i now clearly imagine 'planet earth' as a spoken intro or outro of the concerts. do you remember, shortly after michael's death that illusionist (forgot his name) talking about the beginning of the show? there was meant to be a glowing light floating in a sphere on the stage and over the audience to finally land in michael's hand before starting off with 'wanna be starting something'. that would be a perfect visual match for the 'planet earth' poem. could you stage that in a better way?

This is really Awesome news! I had no idea?

When and where was this confirmed?

Back