photobucket copyright rules?

angelofhope

Proud Member
Hello guys
I'm wondering if someone can help me. As you can see from my new siggy I have made a Michael's law promotionl pic. Now, my question/concern is- I cannot seem to directly contact the person who I took the original from on their photobucket before I edited it because of Photobucket privacy rules, so how does using this photo copyright wise work? Obviously there was a photographer who took the photo to begin with, what to I do if I want to make t-shirts, facebook site etc? I have e-mailed Photobucket about this but no
reply as yet.
Does anyone know about these things?
thanks in advance.
x

As long as you're not making a profit from it I think it should be fine...but I don't really know about these things so I'm probably wrong.

Ermm.. well forget the photobucket person as the copyright only matters from the original image. People on ebay use MJs photos on tshirts etc. Its probably not allowed to sell these things but it happens.. idk :/ Are you planning to sell the tshirts etc?

It's illegal to use an image/photo taken by someone else and use it without the permission of the photo's original owner. Anyone who does it is violating the copyrights of the owner and breaking the law, even when someone is not making money off the image, in many instances. Most copyright owners will not raise a stink though unless profit is involved. We all know that copyright theft happens every day (on Ebay, Cafe Press, and all over the Web), but it is illegal either way.

It's illegal to use an image/photo taken by someone else and use it without the permission of the photo's original owner. Anyone who does it is violating the copyrights of the owner and breaking the law, even when someone is not making money off the image, in many instances.
So essentially everyone on this forum is breaking the law?

lol

Back