Performing to MJ at 2024 Summer Olympics

This is my first time seeing this! Thank you for posting @zinniabooklover :love:

The commentator remarks that it is risky to choose a music piece as popular as ITC from MJ :giggle:
Aha! That is so interesting. Thanks for that. :)

I understood when the commentator said 'King of Pop' but nothing else, lol.

Michael's songs seem to be really popular with synchronised swimmers and rhythmic gymnasts. I've posted quite a few bits although, tbf, this particular routine was flagged up by @ChanceToDance - this one and the Thriller one. I just posted a fuller version. I love the Thriller one bc her outfit was influenced by Michael's Thriller clothes and she uses some of his moves. The ITC one is amazing but I mostly love it just bc she doesn't go for the obvious. So often it's SC (or Thriller or, occasionally, BJ) so it was great to hear something different and she interpreted it really well.

OMG!!!! I LOVE ITTT :love:
It's freakin' awesome, isn't it? She did the routine at the European championships. Different outfit and slightly different routine - didn't seem to have as many of Michael's moves in the earlier version. Still fabulous, though.

That's what's going on in the Ukraine right now:
Darkness falls across the land
The midnight hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
To terrorize y'all's neighborhood

The German gymnast who did a routine to ITC has won the all-around gold medal.

@bluemoon7

"In one of the most mesmerizing competitions at the Olympic Games Paris 2024, Germany’s Darja Varfolomeev clinched rhythmic gymnastics’ individual all-around gold after posting the highest score in three of four events to total 142.850.

The victory marks Germany’s first ever gold medal in the event.

It’s been a busy year for the 17-year-old, who will now add an Olympic gold medal to her five world titles from August of last year, where she swept the competition to take first in every single rhythmic event - the ball, ribbon, hoop, club and all-around.

“I can't really describe my feelings, I'm just overwhelmed with emotions. I'm so happy," Varfolomeev said after the competition.

"It's the result of years of hard work and it really is a dream come true.”

The moment she concluded her final routine, the emotions began flowing as she burst into tears before thanking the audience that was loaded with German fans. She was the only one in the final competition to post more than one score above a 36, pulling that off in the hoop, ball and club events."

❤️The German gymnast who did a routine to ITC has won the all-around gold medal.

@bluemoon7

"In one of the most mesmerizing competitions at the Olympic Games Paris 2024, Germany’s Darja Varfolomeev clinched rhythmic gymnastics’ individual all-around gold after posting the highest score in three of four events to total 142.850.

The victory marks Germany’s first ever gold medal in the event.

It’s been a busy year for the 17-year-old, who will now add an Olympic gold medal to her five world titles from August of last year, where she swept the competition to take first in every single rhythmic event - the ball, ribbon, hoop, club and all-around.

“I can't really describe my feelings, I'm just overwhelmed with emotions. I'm so happy," Varfolomeev said after the competition.

"It's the result of years of hard work and it really is a dream come true.”

The moment she concluded her final routine, the emotions began flowing as she burst into tears before thanking the audience that was loaded with German fans. She was the only one in the final competition to post more than one score above a 36, pulling that off in the hoop, ball and club events."

Yay! I watched it, and she was spectacular! :love:The elegance, grace and artistry! Loved her bursting in to tears because I love emotional people 😄

That's what's going on in the Ukraine right now:
Darkness falls across the land
The midnight hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
To terrorize y'all's neighborhood
This was certainly a message to the world to continue to support Ukraine in the fight against the bloody terror of its neighboring country.

From moonwalking on water to a rhythmic gymnastics thriller, the 'King of Pop' Michael Jackson reigns in Paris​

• 1 day ago
  • Sports
  • Duration5:45
The "King of Pop" is still reigning in Paris, as the United States artistic swimming team performed to Michael Jackson's "Smooth criminal" while Ukrainian rhythmic gymnast Taisiia Onofriichuk performed to "Thriller" at Paris 2024.

cannot watch though, blocked in my country 😕

I’m not able to watch the ITC performance but I saw Thriller and it was glorious!
f&m, they keep taking the Olympics vids down. I've got another vid of her performing the routine somewhere else. I'll post it on your 'big musical tribute' thread. Different outfit, filming is not quite as good and it's not the complete routine but it'll give you an idea of what she's doing.

From moonwalking on water to a rhythmic gymnastics thriller, the 'King of Pop' Michael Jackson reigns in Paris​

• 1 day ago
  • Sports
  • Duration5:45
The "King of Pop" is still reigning in Paris, as the United States artistic swimming team performed to Michael Jackson's "Smooth criminal" while Ukrainian rhythmic gymnast Taisiia Onofriichuk performed to "Thriller" at Paris 2024.

cannot watch though, blocked in my country 😕
What? You can't see the Thriller rhythmic gymnastic performance? It's dynamite!

Back