Pepsi China premieres MJ Bad 25 TV ad

mkgenie

Proud Member
FULL VERSION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWTqOeHFHUk&feature=youtu.be

http://youtu.be/pWTqOeHFHUk

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzk3Njg3NDk2.html

The sources were not wrong by saying there's MJ footage (image), but they meant only this :

0927532q0zvup75uqyy5i0.gif

No actual MJ footage, just background music of Bad and MJ animation logo at last.

Chinese stars named Han Geng and Yang Mi are starring in the commercial.
We Chinese fans believe Pepsi exploits MJ's name and song to promote and expose the two new stars.

Last edited:
Interesting, but in my opinion some MJ or MJ reminiscent image should be used.

Last edited:
I will be disappointed if only his music will be used. There has to be footage, so hopefully your sources are right.

... Will wait until May 17th.

They really wanna keep us on the edge of our seat...

ETA. Well, this commercial is designed specifically for the chinese market, so we might get more MJ-centric ads in the US.

I don't think I want to see MJ share the spotlight...like Nicki Minaj's commercial. He should be the star like in all his Pepsi commercials after the one with the Jacksons.

ETA2: Thank you Mkgenie for all the goodies.

Last edited:
They should have used the original Bad era commercials, not this new one without MJ.

i'm surprised that they didn't use the Bad25 cans with Michael's silhouette. it really is amazing how fresh bad still sounds in that advertisement!

I hope they do bring in Michael. No Bad 25th anniversary commercial would be complete without him.

mkgenie always has the best stuff for us :)

I will wait to see how it looks when they add Michael's image.

Can't wait for the final version with MJ!!

Thanks for posting!
I've added your post to the first post of this thread: BAD25 --- TV-Ads

Thanks again,
Josed

Thank you Mkgenie for all this information you are wonderful...omg...I am just SOOOOOO excited...:D

a better quality version of Chinese ad

It's lacking something... But what? Oh yes... THEY FORGOT TO PUT MICHAEL IN IT.:doh:

I hope the final version will have some MJ footage!

Now I really feel they should just re-aired the old commercials. They were perfect, plus the new generation has never seen them, and the older people would love seeing them again, great nostalgia. Or they should just make a new ad using the amazing performance footage from "The Chase". The ads should advertise both Pepsi and Bad25, but to me this one only focuses on Pepsi, with Michael in the background. They're seriously lacking in MJ magic.

Yup, MJ's image is clearly needed...hope the end result will be great!

Thanks mkgenie, always helping out the fans.

I have to agree with everyone, These commercials needs Michael in it or they should re-release the older commercials. It would be nice to see again

I assume the young singer is the Chinese version of Justin Bieber. I'm Chinese, but I have no idea who he is. I don't follow Chinese entertainment news. Personally, I feel strange seeing someone else appears in a Pepsi ad with Bad set as background music. As a MJ fan, of course I want Michael to be front and center.

I like the xfactor Pepsi ad in the US. Although that ad features Ray Charles, Britney, Mariah and Kayne West, Michael set the tone. The footage begins with his glittering socks.

Michael was so good at building anticipation. In the Billie Jean Pepsi ad, he just appeared in the final few seconds. Yet, the entire ad built upon Michael. One feels his presence the entire time

In the Chinese ad, I don't feel it. Hope the final version has more MJ magic.

The sources were very wrong in saying that Michael would be in the China TV ad commercial. Figures.

the ad has nothing to do with michael, such a shame.
save people's time, this is all michael related. the rest is the waste of time to me.
5fdf8db1cb1349544b5383d.gif

The ad isn't terrible...but it's not that great either...but I do love the swirl turning into his toe stand at the end...That's pretty pimp :D

Thats the only part I like.

I don't like the rest. Sorry, I dont like the idea of Bad being reduced to background music some young pop stars dance to in a supposedly Bad 25 commercial.

The US xfactor Pepsi ad was way better.

Oh well. If it helps Pepsi to sell more soda, so be it.

Back