Peaches Geldof dies aged 25

Gaz

Owner And Founder
Staff member
Country
United-Kingdom
TV presenter Peaches Geldof, second daughter of musician Bob Geldof and Paula Yates, has died aged 25.
"We are beyond pain," said her father, confirming her death. "She was the wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest and the most bonkers of all of us."
"What a beautiful child. How is this possible that we will not see her again? How is that bearable?"
Police in Kent said the death was "being treated as unexplained and sudden" at this stage.
_74093608_peaches1_2014_getty.jpg
Geldof was pictured at a fashion show in London last week

Continue reading the main story[h=2]Bob Geldof's statement[/h]Peaches has died. We are beyond pain. She was the wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest and the most bonkers of all of us.
Writing "was" destroys me afresh. What a beautiful child. How is this possible that we will not see her again? How is that bearable? We loved her and will cherish her forever. How sad that sentence is.
Tom and her sons Astala and Phaedra will always belong in our family, fractured so often, but never broken.
Bob, Jeanne, Fifi, Pixie and Tiger Geldof.

Born in 1989, Peaches Honeyblossom Geldof embarked on a media career at the age of 15, when she began writing a column for Elle magazine.
She left home at 16 and went on to contribute to the Telegraph and the Guardian, as well as TV shows including ITV2's OMG! with Peaches Geldof.
She also worked as a model and, just last week, attended a launch for Tesco's F&F clothing range in London.
The writer and presenter was married to musician Thomas Cohen, with whom she had two sons, Astala, one, and Phaedra, who will turn one on 24 April.
"My beloved wife Peaches was adored by myself and her two sons," said Cohen in a statement.
"I shall bring them up with their mother in their hearts everyday. We shall love her forever."
_74094984_dc30308f-b022-4785-ac25-191a96412de2.jpg
Geldof married Thomas Cohen, lead singer of the band SCUM, in 2012

Geldof lost her own mother when she was just 11 years old - TV presenter Paula Yates died of a drug overdose in September 2000.
Speaking to Elle Magazine in 2012, Peaches said she had not come to terms with Yates's death for several years.
"I remember the day my mother died, and it's still hard to talk about it. I just blocked it out. I went to school the next day because my father's mentality was 'keep calm and carry on'," she said.
"So we all went to school and tried to act as if nothing had happened. But it had happened. I didn't grieve. I didn't cry at her funeral. I couldn't express anything because I was just numb to it all. I didn't start grieving for my mother properly until I was maybe 16."
Geldof said she had experimented with drugs as a teenager, but was "never that wild".
She was previously married to rock musician Max Drummey but the pair separated in 2009 after a six-month marriage.
Her final tweet, posted on Sunday was a picture of her, as a baby, in her mother's arms.
In a statement, police said they were called to an address near Wrotham, Kent on Monday afternoon following a report of concern for the welfare of a woman.
The woman, aged 25, was later pronounced dead by South East Coast Ambulance Service.
She leaves her husband and sons; father Bob Geldof; sisters Fifi Trixibelle and Pixie; and younger half-sister, Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26931337

So very sad to read about this ...wishing her family much strength to carry on with life.
May she rest in peace

Not sure what to feel about this after what she said about Michael. Though 25 is no age to die that's for sure.

I have no idea who this is, but it is so sad when a person passes away... and only 25?! I pray for healing and comfort for her family. Amen.

Back