Paul McCartney phoned Michael during the trial?

analogue

Proud Member
I remember someone saying on here that during the trial Paul McCartney phoned Michael to give him his support and when asked in an interview Paul said that Michael isn't capable of doing something so horrible.

Is this true and if it is does anyone know where i can find this interview with Paul?

I've heard of this too and I would like to know as well. As far as I know, it's a written interview - otherwise, I'm sure it'd be on YouTube. I hope someone finds it :mello:.

^Really? I thought he said something during most recent years...

In 1993 almost everybody (of the famous friends of Michael) supported him!

In 2003-2005 almost nobody!-_-

Bill Gibbons from ZZ Top was at the 2005 Trial voiceing his support for MJ and considering how different Musicaly both people are its was nice to see him there

dont remember reading anythng about him phoning mj

In 2003-2005 almost nobody!
u have no idea who supported him privately. just cause ppl dont go around shouting about things doesnt mean they dont support him. there was emails/phonecalls etc shown during the trial from ppl who had contacted mjs ppl saying there were there for him ect. paul hunter springs to mind

Unless we read about it in the press, bottom line is we have no idea who phoned/supported Michael during the trial. We are not privy to things that happened behind the fan related world of communication. My gut feeling is that Michael received alot of unreported support from the musical world that was never made privy to the media, and Paul could very well have been one of them. jmo.

In 2003-2005 almost nobody!-_-

In 2003-2005 Michael also said he didn't want friends going on televsion etc talking about him. I'm not sure what support Michael got from famous friends in private, but I'm sure he got support from famous friends. Quincy Jones was the only friend who at least in public didn't give Michael support. He distanced himself from Michael in public, saying he never knew Michael privately, when he knew Michael very well privately.

Paul McCartney didn't say anything about Michael's trial etc in 2003-05, except vagely answering a question about the untrue rumor that Michael might lose ownership of The Beatles songs. And Paul McCartney said that some of the publishing rights of the songs have already reverted back to him, as part of the publishing contract. But he never said anything positive or negative about the false allegations against Michael. I personally don't think Paul McCartney believed those false allegations made against Michael in the 2003-05.

Last edited:
whilehe may not have beleived them, i don't think someone could lambast someone in the media so much and then call them and wish them support. especially when he stated that he and mj were no longer friends an dhe didn't respect him.

Back