Other than Mr.Jackson What other Historical Person Has Influenced You

Sdeidjs

Proud Member
There are so many influences, here are just a few favorites...

1.) Saint Mother Teresa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbRxeRZmqJQ&

2.) Princess Diana
Starting in the mid- to late 1980s, the Princess of Wales became very well known for her support of several charity projects. This stemmed naturally from her role as Princess of Wales—she was expected to engage in hospital visits where she comforted the sick and in so doing, assumed the patronage of various charitable organisations—and form an interest in certain illnesses and health-related matters. Diana was a supporter of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, a campaign that went on to win the Nobel Peace Prize in 1997.
AIDS Awareness
In April 1987, the Princess of Wales was one of the first high-profile celebrities to be photographed touching a person infected with HIV at the 'chain of hope' organisation. Her contribution to changing the public opinion of AIDS sufferers was summarised in December 2001 by Bill Clinton at the 'Diana, Princess of Wales Lecture on AIDS':
In 1987, when so many still believed that AIDS could be contracted through casual contact, Princess Diana sat on the sickbed of a man with AIDS and held his hand. She showed the world that people with AIDS deserve no isolation, but compassion and kindness. It helped change the world's opinion, and gave hope to people with AIDS.

3.) Marian Wright Edelman (born June 6, 1939) is an American activist for the rights of children. She is president and founder of the Children's Defense Fund.

4.) Rosa Louise McCauley Parks (February 4, 1913 – October 24, 2005) was an African American civil rights activist whom the U.S. Congress later called the "Mother of the Modern-Day Civil Rights Movement".

5.) Franklin Delano Roosevelt (January 30, 1882 – April 12, 1945), often referred to by his initials FDR, was the thirty-second President of the United States. Elected to four terms in office, he served from 1933 to 1945 and is the only U.S. president to have served more than two terms.During the Great Depression of the 1930s, Roosevelt created the New Deal to provide relief for the unemployed, recovery of the economy, and reform of the economic and banking systems.[2] Although recovery of the economy was incomplete until almost 1940, the programs he initiated such as the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), and the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) continue to have instrumental roles in the nation's commerce. One of his most important legacies is the Social Security system.

He and his wife, Eleanor Roosevelt, remain touchstones for modern American liberalism. Roosevelt's administration redefined American liberalism and realigned the Democratic Party based on his New Deal coalition of labor unions; farmers; ethnic, religious and racial minorities; intellectuals;[3] the South; big city machines; and the poor and workers on relief. Roosevelt has been consistently ranked by scholars as one of the greatest U.S. Presidents.

6.) Anna Eleanor Roosevelt October 11, 1884November 7, 1962) was First Lady of the United States from 1933 to 1945. She supported the New Deal policies of her husband, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, and assumed a role as an advocate for civil rights. After her husband's death in 1945, Roosevelt continued to be an internationally prominent author, speaker, politician, and activist for the New Deal coalition. She worked to enhance the status of working women, although she opposed the Equal Rights Amendment because she believed it would adversely affect women.

In the 1940s, Roosevelt was one of the co-founders of Freedom House and supported the formation of the United Nations. Roosevelt founded the UN Association of the United States in 1943 to advance support for the formation of the UN. She was a delegate to the UN General Assembly from 1945 and 1952, a job for which she was appointed by President Harry S. Truman and confirmed by the United States Senate. During her time at the United Nations she chaired the committee that drafted and approved the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. President Truman called her the "First Lady of the World" in tribute to her human rights achievements.[1]

Active in politics for the rest of her life, Roosevelt chaired the John F. Kennedy administration's ground-breaking committee which helped start second-wave feminism, the Presidential Commission on the Status of Women. She was one of the most admired people of the 20th century, according to Gallup's List of Widely Admired People.[2]

Please Note: Research Information gathered from You Tube & Wikipedia

Last edited:
Blessed Mother Theresa for me as well. that woman is AMAZING..she makes make want to surrender everything completely to GOD. She isnt officially a Saint yet...but im sure that will happen soon. Along with John Paul the Great(hes also bound to become a Saint), who was the Pope before Benidict XVI. All of these ppl have influenced me, and have made me proud to be a Catholic. :)

another one is Steve Erwin. He was like a father figure to me...I was heart broken when i first heard the news of his passing. :( he was always so ful of joy...i really wanted to meet him, but i hope to in heaven :)

For me Jesus. Our Lady, Saint Martin, Denzel Washington, my grandparents and mother.
I am Catholic, but don't go to church mass every week etc, but my faith has and soes help me get through tough times.

What ever God you believe in I think it is important to have faith in some religion.

I'd have to say,

JESUS IS AWESOME!!

Harriet Tubman

Nadia Comeneci

Joseph from the Old Testament

Anastasia Romanov

Princess Diana

Abraham Lincoln

Dear 2300 & MJRox,

It is intriguing to learn about the many historical people that have influenced, touched our lives, and continue to transforms society...

If you have the time and for all who are interested; We would love to learn more about about the people that are of great interest to you...

Thank You in advance for sharing...:punk:

Knowledge is Growth...

Heal The World...Education Is the Key~~~

Mr. Fred Rogers
Bruce Lee
Clint Eastwood
Stevie Wonder
Audrey Hepburn

Bobby Orr who's one of NHL's legends, playing about a decade in the NHL, most with the Boston Bruins, famously scoring a Cup winning goal over the St. Louis Blues in 1970 and his NHL career was cut short with multiple knee surgeries. Played for Team Canada in a 1976 Canada Cup Tournament, retired in 1979 and now a Hall Of Famer.

Richard Nixon ~ I admire him for his foreign policy brilliance and for fostering better relations/opening
up trade with China and Russia. And for getting us out of Vietnam, and ending the draft. Etc.
Thinking of him reminds me that no matter how smart you are, or how many amazing things you've accomplished,
it will go for naught if you don't have a sparkly, sugarcoat-y personality. Nixon's example reminds me that
most people value a likeable, charming persona over intelligence or competence. I think of that and it keeps
me in line when I feel like being direct and no-frills with somebody. Charm & congeniality > intelligence, talent

Nikola Tesla ~ Used his judgment and correctly guessed that his good work could be used for destruction.
He was way, way ahead of his time and I think it's sad that history gives Edison credit for what were really
Tesla's innovations. I guess his influence on me was to illustrate that exercising restraint can be incredibly noble...
saintly even..

Walt Disney: His story coming from a young working boy, to believe in himself and the creative power of his own mind.
I have got to say a woman, being one, but i cant say.... Mother Theresa may be, but no really, even though i am a humanitarian, but i cant say she influenced me.

that would be my dads rolmodel/friend etc PB aka his royal highness prince bernard of the netherlands he was despite of bad habits always busy of trying to save nature animals africa and free mr mandela as well as doing lot of good things for our own country
he also made no difference between the pple he had to meet for social issues and government issues (he was married to the former queen in our nation)as any average person he met
i loved him he was a wonderfull and funny man
the day he died was one of the very few i saw my dad cry and i was the one to tell him(and he had a call to come and to do an interview on this just a few hours later for gelderland tv along with PB s (defile)driver and the major of wageningen later minister the poor guy )

and i also consider pb s friend nelson mandela an amazing rolmodel i had the amazing big honour to meet him once i ll can tell you its something to never ever forget he is abn amazing humble and sweet man despite of everything he has been through i his live the kind of man that makes you say WOW and actually mean it i d love to see that man again

Last edited:
mary j blige
smokey robinson
diana ross
marilyn monroe
jean harlow
hugh hefner
elvis
lisa marie presley
frank sinatra
abarham lincoln
john f kennedy
walt disney
fred astair
gene kelley

anyone with a famous name or not that does good for the world anyway possible.

OH GOD how could i forgot her: EDITH PIAF
So it goes like this, no particular order

Walt Disney
Edith Piaf

Back