Original Law & Order Canceled After 20 Years

ginvid

Proud Member
Announcements made today by Angela Bromstad, President, Primetime Entertainment, NBC and Universal Media Studios regarding the end of the original series Law &Order but don't fret, the franchise lives on.

NBC ends the historic and iconic series "Law & Order" concluding its 20th season on Monday, May 24 (10-11 p.m. ET). However, NBC picks up a new drama "LOLA" ("Law & Order: Los Angeles") in addition to the renewed "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" for the 2010-11 season.

Jeff Gaspin, Chairman, NBC Universal Television Entertainment said, "The full measure of the collective contributions made by Dick Wolf and his 'Law & Order' franchise over the last two decades to the success of NBC and Universal Media Studios cannot be overstated. The legacy of his original 'Law & Order' series will continue to make an impact like no other series before."

Bromstad added: Law & Order' has been one of the most successful franchises in the history of television, which is why it is so critical that we continue this important brand and our relationship with Dick Wolf and his team with 'LOLA' and 'Law & Order: SVU.

From creator and Emmy Award winner Dick Wolf, "Law & Order" has spawned one of the most successful brands in primetime television. It is the 1997 Emmy Award winner for Outstanding Drama Series and the record holder for the most consecutive (11) nominations in that category for a primetime series (tied with "Cheers" and "M*A*S*H"). It premiered on September 13, 1990, and eventually tied "Gunsmoke" as the longest-running drama series in television history.

I really liked this show. Did anyone else watch it? What do you guys think about this or the new show or SVU?

i can see right through this. they don't want to pay veteran actors. so, cleverly create new shows, and hype about how they are continuing something, without having to depend on the people that made it work. the actors, in particular. so they can pay new ones, cheaply.

i still think it's payback for motown never being given to MJ..but that's just me..

nbc/universal/motown

alongside how they treated conan obrien...and their daytime soap stars..

nbc's glitter is not gold...they are dwindling. losing money.

Back