Original Artwork for MICHAEL with different images

Re: Article about MICHAEL cover painting..

I wish we had a hi-res version of the full painting..

Last edited:

Bump!

Sorry, didn't mean to triple post..

Maybe I should have named this thread.."Video: Kadir Nelson talks about painting"...mods :)?

I just looked at that and then the poster video.

Why the hell did Sky News speed up Hold My Hand and make it sound like utter crap? :S

Hold My Hand?? But the video doesn't feature Hold My Hand at all? It's simply Kadir Nelson talking about the painting and they show the full thing on display (which surprisingly a bit different from the one we've seen). Are you talking about something else?

Excellent, thank you for posting. I can't wait to get my CD so I can look at the details.

Beautiful painting... I especially loved the 'This Is It' part in the painting. It's good that his skills paid off with it actually being the front cover of an MJ album :D.

Hold My Hand?? But the video doesn't feature Hold My Hand at all? It's simply Kadir Nelson talking about the painting and they show the full thing on display (which surprisingly a bit different from the one we've seen). Are you talking about something else?

It looks different. They focus on the females on the painting.

and there's Madonna, Oprah, Diana Ross, Debbie Rowe and Elizabeth Taylor included on the painting but we don't see them on the album version. So they didn't allow their images to be used I guess?

Madonna and Oprah

kadir1e.jpg

Diana Ross and Debbie Rowe

kadir2.jpg

Elizabeth Taylor

kadir3.jpg

Re: Video: Kadir Nelson talks about album cover painting

Yea, Im quite curious about some of these changes. Also if you look at the This Is It painting, Michael originally had a fist up, but now he has a victory sign. Along with the Captain EO change, I'm not sure what was the cause, I personally liked the orignal Captain EO better..

Thanks. Look awesome. Hope we can see it some day.

Do you remember the romers that Oprah refused to participate in MJ's new album ,,and the news suggested that she was suposed to sing or talk but she declined to do so....

Now , it is clear that she declined to allow her picture, and i guess , so did Elizabeth, Diana, Debbie and Madonna !!

Do you remember the romers that Oprah refused to participate in MJ's new album ,,and the news suggested that she was suposed to sing or talk but she declined to do so....

Now , it is clear that she declined to allow her picture, and i guess , so did Elizabeth, Diana, Debbie and Madonna !!

Either that or they simply didn't want to deal with any potential legal issues (with regards to Elizabeth, Debbie, and Madonna).

But the other changes seem odd. Like changing the ears on the tiger??? Or changing his hand in This Is It from a fist to a victory sign? I'm pretty sure those weren't legal issues..but I still can't imagine someone at Sony suggesting these changes..seems awkward and unecessary.

wish we could purchase a poster like this !

I think it's totally appropriate that Madonna is there. Everyone recalls their famous Grammy date and MJ and Madonna were two of the biggest music stars in the 80's.

Oops, Oprah's there.

Back