Orianthi interviewed on Australia's "Hamish & Andy" radio show today!

PrettyYoungThang

Proud Member
Ok so for all those international people who dont know, Hamish and Andy are basically the aussie equivalent of the UK Ant & Dec.... but on radio.

This afternoon Hamish and Andy interviewed Orianthi who was Michael's 24 year old guitarist for this is it. She is from my home town - Adelaide!

It was a very positive interview, they were very positive about Michael and very much in awe of hearing her speak about him as a phenomenal artist.

She told the story of how she came to be Michael's chosen guitarist. She said she was contacted via her myspace page by Michael's people and asked to go and play for him. She didnt believe it was real and passed the email on to her manager to verify that it was true. She found out it was true and they asked her to perform for Michael 3 songs - Dirty Diana, Beat It and I think she said Human Nature.

She said she learned them and went along and Michael was there sitting on the couch. She said it was the most nerve-wracking moment of her life and she played beat it for him and of course, she got the gig.

They asked her what it was like performing with Michael - she said it was amazing. She talked about it being the "greatest show on earth" and talked about her costumes etc (because the presenters commented on how his shows are always amazing costumes and staging etc. She said she had a blue guitar covered in swarovski crystals and that she was wearing a sparkly jacket and shoes covered in crystals also on the night they filmed the rehearsal.

They asked her if there was any one moment where michael said something to her that she will never forget. She said yes, she was rehearsing black or white and Michael gave her a guitar solo for this song. They got to that moment and he looked at her and said, "this is your moment, this is your moment to shine".

If they end up putting a transcipt up online I will post it. Did any of the other australian fans hear the interview? Have I forgotten anything?

hearing this interview really brought it home for me that we really were going to see him... until now the whole thing from when the tickets went on sale, to this day where he is gone has felt surreal for me. Like a dream and then a nightmare. Hearing Orianthi speak, her aussie accent etc made it real. It hurt so bad but it was so good to hear something like that here in Australia on the radio from her. Thank you Orianthi!

Thanx for sharing I missed it, I didn't finish work till 6 :(

I hope they put it up on their website. She was so lucky!!! How did Michael know about her? I mean he found her on MySpace what the?

And yes it hurts so bad knowing we were so close in having the chance to see Michael. Its hurts soooooooo bad. That's all I wanted, was to see him live just once :(

Last edited:
They asked her if there was any one moment where michael said something to her that she will never forget. She said yes, she was rehearsing black or white and Michael gave her a guitar solo for this song. They got to that moment and he looked at her and said, "this is your moment, this is your moment to shine".

Aww michael was so sweet

Thanx for sharing I missed it, I didn't finish work till 6 :(

I hope they put it up on their website. She was so lucky!!! How did Michael know about her? I mean he found her on MySpace what the?

And yes it hurts so bad knowing we were so close in having the chance to see Michael. Its hurts soooooooo bad. That's all I wanted, was to see him live just once :(

She's played with some pretty big names already at only 24! She's played with Santana and Prince I think, plus she's played for someone on the Grammy Awards. So she must be known in the industry for her skills :)

Guys Kenny Ortega will give an interview (I guess it will be a short one) on Channel 9's Today show on the 21st - Wednesday- in the Enterntainment NEws section right after the 730am news

^ Thanx for letting us know. Dunno if I'll watch it though. I hate channel 9 and especially the hosts of the Today Show who are incredibly bias and rude towards Michael.

Last edited:
Hamish and Andy normally have podcasts of their show check iTunes :)

Back