"One More Chance"

Cinnamon234

Proud Member
I'll admit I wasn't crazy about this song when I first heard it, but now I love it. Michael's voice is just beautiful in this. Nice, clean, clear vocals. His voice soars in this song and it was only recorded a few years ago, which is why it perplexes me when people say that Mike can no longer sing. Another great thing about the song imo are the lyrics. Whenever I hear him sing the line "Lightning about to strike in rain only on me, Hurt so bad sometimes it's hard to breeeeeathe" :(
ahhhh, that line gets me everytime lol. I just love this song.

It's unfortunate that the video was never finished though. I would have loved to have seen it.

Last edited:
I love it too! So sad his heartache, I wish I was there to tell him he's not alone! I hope he gets a lot of chances!

I like the remix better than the original version. R. Kelly production tends to be dull to me.

I like this song a lot, actually. Probably the best out of all the R.Kelly tracks Michae's recorded.

People who say Michael can't sing anymore or who wonder whether he can clearly don't know much about how the voice works. Especially for someone who takes care of their voice, like Michael. He's in his vocal prime.

I know, that line gets me too, I love that song.

Last edited:
i dig how it is referencing the Chi-Lites Have you Seen her. the string part at the start is cool. it was a cool song indeed. vocals were cool as well. i dig when MJ and R.Kelly work on Projects.

i would have enjoyed those if he hadn't created the Big Brother theme music
f_whistle.gif

Oh, lol I had no idea. :lol:

Honestly, I don't like "One More Chance" all that much. It sounds a little "unfinished" to me. :mellow: But it's a nice enough track. I agree Kelly's production is lacking. :yes:

Last edited:
this song is magical. The way michael sings in this single, is amazing. The beginning is wonderful, and his voice is so beatiful. People who says michael can't sing anymore is a loser. He proves in this song that his voice is still fresh.

Last edited:
Was this song released for the radio? Because I SWEAR that I heard it back around '02-03 and thought it was a very good song.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE One More Chance, especially when he says 'Shelter come and rescue me out of this storm, and out of this cold I need someone'...his voice sounds awesome!

I love "one more chance". It's a pity the video was not released - I wonder if it was ever completed. I like the pictures

omc4.jpg

omc2.png

omc.jpg

omc1.png

MJ deserves one more chance with a woman and be happy!I love this song and "Don't Walk Away" make me cry...This song is very sad...

I love these pics too~~It's a pity the video was not released.....

This song was actually recorded during the Invincible sessions, right?

Yeah, I love it!!
Like some, the first time I heard it I didn't dislike it, but wasn't crazy about it. So I left it there, on my iPod, unplayed.
But when I played it again, listening carefully, I fell in love with it! :wub:

Honestly, I don't like "One More Chance" all that much. It sounds a little "unfinished" to me. :mellow: But it's a nice enough track. I agree Kelly's production is lacking. :yes:

The first time I heard I thought that too. It was a little weird. You described it very well: unfinished.
But it grew on me. :D

'Shelter come and rescue me out of this storm, and out of this cold I need someone'
Lightning about to strike in rain only on me, Hurt so bad sometimes it's hard to breeeeeathe"
I love these parts too! :yes:
And the line in the begginning where he says This time I'm gonna do my best to make it right. Can't go on without you by my side

I think the thing with this song is that Michael sings it with his soul. All of it. You can feel it, you can feel the words.
It's beautiful... :wub:

Oh my Godz. They HAVE to release that video some day. If they don't, I'm gonna blow the Sony building up... j/k... sort of, lol.

I remember when i first heard this song on the radio. I think i was about 12 or 13, I was so excited, Im thinking "Oh my gosh a new Michael Jackson song." Well i didnt think it i more like screamed it in the car. My parents then looked at me like i was crazy. :) I really love the song. I cant wait for a new single!

I remember when i first heard this song on the radio. I think i was about 12 or 13, I was so excited, Im thinking "Oh my gosh a new Michael Jackson song." Well i didnt think it i more like screamed it in the car. My parents then looked at me like i was crazy. :) I really love the song. I cant wait for a new single!

Thank you for saying that! I was wondering if I was crazy or something thinking that the song was on the radio. It seemed so long ago that I heard it....
Actually when I first heard it, i really thought it was R Kelly! I was close at least......he produced it!

I also like Randy's "One More Chance" from the Victory Album. It was more soul-ish and R&B-ish than the funk/rock they usually did.

The version in question was good too. The ad-libs are pretty cool.

Back