One Day/ One CD #1

Dapper Dan

Proud Member
Brief Intro of myself:
Hi guys, I am new to this MJJCommunity but isn't new of collecting all sorts of Michael Jackson Collectables. I want to share you guys with some of my Rare and Promo CDs which I consider are some of the 'big impacts' upon my collections. Every week I will choose a day and post a CD, I hope you guys can support me of doing it and give comments and thoughts upon the CD. Thanks.

#1 The History of Michael Jackson (In Purple Cloth Case)
This CD is a rare and promotional release in Japan, back in 1991. This CD is pretty hard to find and the trivia of it is that there are two other versions of it but both in paper sleeves and released just right after 'Bad' was released as well (The possibility is that this CD either used to promote the cancelled album 'Decade' or the released 'Dangerous). These two versions contain a cover of Michael's Silhouette, not many people notice that this silhouette was captured during the Bad Tour 1987 in Japan, when Michael dances a intro for the song 'This Place Hotel'. Back to the purple cloth case version, even though it doesn't contains the silhouette however contains a beautifully designed booklet in Japanese texts, it shows all sorts of awards and achievements which Michael received until the release of 'Bad', also involves a catalog with Japanese releases, e.g. 'The Instrumental Collection', the Moonwalker VHS with an alternate cover of Michael and Katie. The tracklist of this CD is pretty good as well, it is quite fortunate that Epic Sony puts the Motown medley from the Triumph Tour (You can also find this track from the album 'The Jacksons Live!' released in 1981) which makes this CD becomes a 'more-like' compilation of Michael throughout his Motown life until the release of 'Bad'. All the songs from the tracklist is listed according to their release dates, and that's why the Motown medley is placed in between the songs from 'Off the Wall' and 'Thriller' (in between 1979 and 1982).

scan0001_zps870d45c0.jpg

scan0002_zps38e64386.jpg

Back