One Day In Your Life

MJBT

Proud Member
One Day In Your Life its one of those MJ songs I've not really listened to but decided to give it a spin its grown on me since and now find myself listening to it nearly everyday. I've also found that quite a few friends who aren't big MJ fans have the song and rate it highly, Do you like it?

Here's my favourite performance of the song

One of my favourite Motown-era MJ songs. Would love to have seen MJ perform this song as an adult. It's a very well known song and was number 1 in the UK, I really don't know why he never did it.

If you like ODIYL, you will almost certainly enjoy the lesser known but equally as beautiful "You Are There". It's the same era, has a similar melancholic vibe and the same songwriters.

MJ's 'Ben' in the UK.

Did he ever do it live?

Love most of the stuff on Forever, Michael. For me it's probably my favourite pre-79 solo album.

I love MJ's vocals from this era in his life. It's a nice mix of young MJ and adult MJ

I love that song and that performance respect posted, Michael was 17 at the time it's frm the fist time he came to Mexico. OTIYL makes me cry lately, items very emotional but when I can listen to it, it's that performance. :girl_sigh:

If Wikipedia is to be believed (which is debatable), MJ and Whitney Houston were supposedly going to perform this song for the 30th anniversary shows, but it never happened. Then again, Michael never performed any of his own Motown solo songs after the Triumph Tour, so I have a hard time believing that anyway.

Despite that, "One Day In Your Life" is one of my all-time favorites and I think it's the most underrated of his solo Motown songs (at least here in the US). I was really surprised and happy when I first saw that live performance of this song from that J5 Mexico City concert, and it only makes me wish that he could have performed it as an adult.

Thank you so much for posting the live video, respect!

Gorgeous.

Back