One Day In Your Life

analogue

Proud Member
This my my favorite song from the motown solo years. It's such a beautiful and underrated song. I really wish that Michael would have sung this during one of his solo tours.

I really like it:wub: but i dont think its a song that you can perform to:no:

This my my favorite song from the motown solo years. It's such a beautiful and underrated song. I really wish that Michael would have sung this during one of his solo tours.

How magic would that've been???

I always look at You Are There as a second cousin to ODIYL. They both have similar production values, both recorded around the same era, and both evoke that same kind of melancholic mood. And they're both beautiful songs.

Its a great song, i havent heard it recently, but the vocals and melody are in my head :)

I listened to this song and the whole Forever Michael album A LOT when Michael died. His voice was so sincere and soulful back then and has quite a comforting effect.

How magic would that've been???

I always look at You Are There as a second cousin to ODIYL. They both have similar production values, both recorded around the same era, and both evoke that same kind of melancholic mood. And they're both beautiful songs.
I completely agree regarding You Are There! I love both of those songs a lot. Though many people seem to know ODIYL, I often get the impression You Are There is very much ignored. Love the whole sound and vibe of the chorus.

I agree it would have been epic to hear Michael sing ODIYL live on one of his tours.

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. It is a beautiful song, and it would have been wonderful at his solo tours...

Absolutely....this song is great....His voice just drips in emotion...:wub:

Doh... No words about this song. It was sung by quite a few other artists, like Johnny Mathis, but Michael's version tops them, in my opinion. I like it that you can notice some vocal influences from Karen Carpenter and Mathis, artists whom he loved. ..

What a wistful song. The end gets me watery-eyed, it's so emotional, and the harmonica compliments Michael's voice perfectly, it seems to comfort his soul as well as the listener's. There was a man involved in the Jacksons' business, I believe called Sam Brown (I could be wrong) saying shortly after June 25 that Michael told him that he wanted 'One Day In Your Life' to be a song played at his funeral... If so, it's very sad that he didn't step in and tell the organizers to include this wonderful song. ...):

^^^Yes, Michael stated several times before that One Day In Your Life , Never Can SaY Goodbye, I'll Be There are the Motown ballads he loves the most.:sad:

Alma mentioned this already, but as soon as I first heard this song, the first name that came into my name was "Karen Carpenter." It sounds heavily influenced by her.

It's one of my favorite songs. :wub:

Yes~this song is great! I listened to this song a lot after Michael passed away....​

Such a gorgeous song. I would've loved to hear him sing it when he was older. :girl_sigh:

I wish I could find the article of the lady psychic who claimed that she asked him to sing the song for her, (that was a few months before he died, that was a person that claimed he contacted her for advice, sort of like June Gaitlin was his spiritual advisor), and he sang a few bars to hers and he sounded beautiful, she said. ..Don't know how true is that, though, but I would've loved hearing him sing this wonder as an adult, his voice deeper and that vibratto.. Don't know why I feel it would've sounded even better. .. ):

*big sigh*

Honestly i would have no problem if this song replaced The Jackson 5 Medley for a few concerts

Back