On The Line

Graf

Proud Member
To me this is such an under appreciated song..Everything about is so amazing..The Lyrics are so inspiring and heartfelt..I love it, although I have to admit, it's one of those songs of his that do makes me feel a bit saddened.. Here's the best quality one I could find on youtube.

[youtube]U5D9aDbgP-o[/youtube]

What's everyone's feeling on this song?

I love the song. Could not understand why it was not included on BOTDF is beyond me. Such a great song and should have had a video to it

I love the song. Could not understand why it was not included on BOTDF is beyond me. Such a great song and should have had a video to it

Very true, I think it would have been a great ending song on BOTDF..Oh yes, wow..a video would have been so amazing.. :yes:

I didn't know it was a BOTDF outtake? I guess it didn't really flow with the rest of the tracks? That's my guess....But I do love the song! Very rich and gorgeous! I just wish it was only Michael's background vocals...i love just hearing his voice!

Oh yes, I LOVE that song, one of my favourites! :wub:

Does anyone know who wrote it? Did Michael write it?

Edit: never mind, I missed the beginning of the vid where it says "written and composed by Babyface" lol.

Too funny..i just turned on mjtunes and this song is on! :lol:

I didn't know it was a BOTDF outtake? I guess it didn't really flow with the rest of the tracks? That's my guess....But I do love the song! Very rich and gorgeous! I just wish it was only Michael's background vocals...i love just hearing his voice!

Hmm well it was first released as a Limited Edition Minimax CD in 1997, interesting though because there is the BOTDF album cover on the back of the Minimax package..I'm not sure if it was first intended to be on BOTDF or if Michael wanted to use it for this specific CD..Hmmm

Front
aceblv.jpg

Back
2cpvqsg.jpg

CD
1zd1a8n.jpg

Last edited:
Yes....ooooh, i've seen these....I didn't know that though! Thanks! :cheeky:

this is an amazing song. so precious. I couldn't stop listening to it when it was released on the Ghosts box set. very beautiful and uplifting.

I'd say On The Line didn't fit on BOTDF album. Really. I can't imagine BOTDF with On The Line. :D

On The Line is awesome song anyway! I love it! One of those songs that gives hope - at least I get hope from this song. :)

this song brings tears to my eyes whenever i listen to it.

I love this song too! Its a really great song. I wish this one was spared for the new album :D But, yeah i love it! :D:D

I agree..that is a beautiful song. it def doesn't get the attention that it deserves. Michael's voice sounds so beautiful in it....I miss him so much.

I love this one, definetly brings back memories when I listen to it now. :)

Oh yes, I LOVE that song, one of my favourites! :wub:

Does anyone know who wrote it? Did Michael write it?

Edit: never mind, I missed the beginning of the vid where it says "written and composed by Babyface" lol.

Michael wrote it...he produced it with Babyface.

That song was first released for the Spike Lee directed movie "On the line". Sony did not want MJ to release it on the movie soundtrack. So the song is played at the end of the movie, but you couldn't find it on the soundtrack.

I love this song so much, one of my favorites...the lyrics are awesome and the way Michael sings it is just perfect!

One of my favourite songs ever! his voice is just amazing!! :wub:
its a real shame that all these MJ fans, well these people who claim to be MJ fans...you know the ones that when they hear of MJ they think....thriller, smooth criminal beat it etc... well its a shame they dont take time to appreciate songs like On the line, beautiful girl etc. :heart:

Back