Olivia Newton-John

Stargirl

Proud Member
I came across of 'Hopelessly Devoted' while fidgeting through the radio on an oldies and classics station. I liked the tune so I listened to the song. While hearing it I kept thinking of michael and at the end of the song I was literally crying.
Later, I did a search on the song and found it was by Olivia Newton-John...I've gotten some songs of hers on my iPod now and want to give them a go but am currently too obsessed with 'Hopelessly Devoted' :p LOL
Does anyone else know or and/or like her?

PS : you should really listen to Hopelessly Devoted ... It's an amazing song and will definately remind you of michael or others you deeply love :yes:

The song doesn't remind me of Michael, but it does make me think of Grease, lol.

^
LOL yeah iz from the soundtrack...but to me really the first thing that crosses my mind when I hear this song is .... Michael :wub:

all i know of olivia's pro career is grease and 'let's get physical.' i like grease and she seems like a nice person. . . . i think she may have appeared in liberian girl vid, not 100% sure tho

aw hoplessly is a sweet song. yea she did do liberian girl with john travolta..shes okay but i mostly listen to 'physical'. beautiful voice omg

Last edited:
I think she is amazing, Love her music.... especially this song

:wub:

Olivia Newton-John has a great voice! I remember back in the day, Everybody in the hood where I grew up knew her music and liked it very much. "Let's get physical" stayed at number one for about 10weeks or something like that, if I'm not mistaken.

One of her most beautiful ballads have these lyrics: "I'm not tryin to make you feel uncomfortable, I'm not tryin to make you anything at all, but this feeling doesn't come along everyday-and you shouldn't blow the chance when you've got the chance to say. I Love you. I honestly love you".

Makes my heart flutter everytime.

Olivia has a lovely voice! Seems like a nice lady too. I've always liked her.

I have always thought she was so cute. She has a very nice smile too.

^^Xanadu rocks! I saw that movie when it first came out...I was a teenager. Loved it! Talk about a blast from the past. Saw it several times at the theater. It's kind of hokey really, but just a fun, feel good musical. I have it on DVD and I watch it every now and again, just for nostalgia's sake. :) I saw Grease 10 times back then too. It's one of my all time favorite movies. I loved Olivia. Her voice is beautiful. I used to have all her albums. She is a classic for sure!

Olivia was my idol when I was in my teens and 20's. I bought all her albums and watched everything she did on TV and movies. I admired her so much. I remember when her 80's TV special "Hollywood Nights" aired I sat in front of my TV with a tape recorder and recorded the entire show (well, this was years before VCR's). I still have that cassette tape but a few years ago found the special on video tape on ebay and bought it.

Here it is on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN1phuG-D_Q Elton John, Andy Gibb, Karen Carpenter and others were her special guests.

As a gawky, awkward teen I thought she was so perfect and beautiful and I wanted to look like her and sing like her so much (not if I live to be a thousand would that happen). Hopelessly Devoted to you is one of my favorite songs of hers and Grease is one of my favorite movies of all time!

In 1982 I saw Olivia live in concert for her Physical tour. That was my first concert ever. I was 19.

Xanadu isn't what I would call a great movie but I loved the soundtrack and the dancing. And look at Livvy tap dancing with Gene Kelly...a highlight of the film:

Did you guys know Kenny Ortega was a choreographer for Xanadu? I've known of Kenny THAT long. :)

Last edited:
Here is a photo of Kenny Ortega and Olivia working together in Xanadu:

xanadu+kenny+ortaga.jpg

Olivia was my idol when I was in my teens and 20's. I bought all her albums and watched everything she did on TV and movies. I admired her so much. I remember when her 80's TV special "Hollywood Nights" aired I sat in front of my TV with a tape recorder and recorded the entire show (well, this was years before VCR's). I still have that cassette tape but a few years ago found the special on video tape on ebay and bought it.

Here it is on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN1phuG-D_Q Elton John, Andy Gibb, Karen Carpenter and others were her special guests.

As a gawky, awkward teen I thought she was so perfect and beautiful and I wanted to look like her and sing like her so much (not if I live to be a thousand would that happen). Hopelessly Devoted to you is one of my favorite songs of hers and Grease is one of my favorite movies of all time!

In 1982 I saw Olivia live in concert for her Physical tour. That was my first concert ever. I was 19.

Xanadu isn't what I would call a great movie but I loved the soundtrack and the dancing. And look at Livvy tap dancing with Gene Kelly...a highlight of the film:

Did you guys know Kenny Ortega was a choreographer for Xanadu? I've known of Kenny THAT long. :)
This video is wonderful. :wild: Thanks for posting. :)

Here is a photo of Kenny Ortega and Olivia working together in Xanadu:

xanadu+kenny+ortaga.jpg

Straight from the bottom of the trunk. :wild: I've never seen this picture. :doh: Thanks for posting. :)

Straight from the bottom of the trunk. :wild: I've never seen this picture. :doh: Thanks for posting. :)

I think I got the photo from Kenny's website but I've seen it before because it's from the official Xanadu magazine which of course, I owned being a complete nerd, heh.

That's awesome....I always loved that scene with Gene Kelly. And I have a Xanadu soundtrack on DVD. I listen to it all the time. Love it!

Both Olivia and Michael are my absolute favorites!
She's my favorite singer since I was 7 and I admire her for all the things she's been through and only grew stronger...

AND she has such a lovely, pure and caring character that always reminds me of Michael. :) She cares for the people and is honestly interested in... well... making the world a better place (to say it with Mikes words ;)) and protecting the nature.

That's why I love them both so much. Our world needs more people like them. :)

Back