O'Leary criticises MJ media coverage

sunnyday81

Proud Member
O'Leary criticises Jackson media coverage

Friday, August 7 2009, 10:25 BST
By Daniel Kilkelly, Entertainment Reporter
160x120_x_factor_episodics_s05_live_show_11.jpg
Rex Features

Dermot O'Leary has claimed that newspapers should stop printing sensational stories about the death of Michael Jackson.
The TV host admitted that he worries about the effect that recent media coverage could have on the late singer's three children Prince Michael, 12, Paris Katherine, 11, and 7-year-old Prince Michael II.
O'Leary met Jackson at London's O2 arena in March this year, introducing the pop icon before the public announcement of his planned 'This Is It' residency.
Discussing the aftermath of Jackson's death, the presenter told RTÉ Guide: "I felt so sorry for his family and especially his kids. It's the whole macabre carousel we are looking at every day in the media and you're thinking: 'Come on, he's got kids - leave it alone now'."
He added: "You know when I think of it, I hugged and introduced James Brown about a month before he died, so maybe it's me, don't come anywhere near me - I'm the new swine flu!"
O'Leary will return to screens on the new series of The X Factor later this month.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a169933/oleary-criticises-*****-media-coverage.html

That bit in the end is eerie... lol

So true. The media have ripped this to shreds, taped it back up and ripped it up again. It's getting below disrespectful. :cry:
Weird about the James Brown part though. :huh:

:( media has to leave Michael already :(
he doesn't have peace even after death :(

asking the media to stop printing sensational stories is like throwing gasoline on a fire. it just aint gonna work

He added: "You know when I think of it, I hugged and introduced James Brown about a month before he died, so maybe it's me, don't come anywhere near me - I'm the new swine flu!"
That was at the 2006 UK Music Hall of Fame (one day before the World Music Awards).

I was there to see Bon Jovi. So Glad they didn't die after hugging Dermot :lol:

I agree, the coverage has to stop, but it certainly won't. Look how long they lingered over Anna Nicole Smith’s death....yet with Michael, it is and will be 100x worse.

It's become so disrespectful, especially towards his children. I wish Michael could rest in peace now. :cry:

The media are making me really angry, the way they cover his death and still make up crap regarding anything about him. In an MJ special my mum had saved me from a tabloid, which said 'in his own words' LOL, they put that he danced on a car after he was aquitted in 2005?!?!? Well he stood on a car, erm well before the trial started, but hey ho, whatever folks...

What worries me is some say Prince is great with technology and computers and there is a 'rumour' in the papers(so might not be true...) that Katherine has stopped them going on the internet which is completely understandable but if that is true how long will she be able to keep them off of it...? I can't imagine being 12 and reading all the stuff they write about Michael, bless those kids I hope they will be ok as Michael taught them well.

He said the well damn truth!!
The fucking media still gossip about Michael, they should stop this. Come on respect someone who passed away.

I think the Media respecting any Famous person is as probable as looking through the time when George Bush was president and finding "Good" stuff he did

Back