Okayplayer makes a post dedicated to the 26th anniversary of Thriller

my favourite geek, the bloke always knows his ish.

and great essay, mate. read it before at mjjv.

applause.gif

Thanx for bringing the link mj brainiac. I wish I had Thriller memories to look back on. '83 baby here...So, I think I gotta enjoy reading the posts by some of them who actually were alive and had fun that day.

That you very much for sharing!

Thanks for sharing. Questlove is something else with his music taste and I am glad that he gave props to Thriller. The stories on there were very interesting. I can't remember that far back because I was not even born yet. LOL. I was born in the Thriller era and I do not think anyone born during that time and after can truly understand the impact that cd was made. After Mike made the classic known as Thriller and that the cd exploded, the man became a legend. I do not think anyone who is hot today can ever be as popular as MJ was at that time. I really think it is beyond impossible. I also do not think anyone can make a cd like Thriller, heck, I do not think MJ can do that anymore. So many people want to to do another Thriller, but they do not understand - it is just too perfect. Once he did that CD, he went nowhere but up. He can't go back and make a part 2 because that would be like repeating the previous day or week.

What essay are you guys referring to? Scorpions? Is that Scorpio from kop? It sounds like it :lol: Interesting thread, thanks for posting.

The whole thread. I read a good amount.

Back