OK, how lazy are we going to get lol

MJJChichi

Proud Member
Y'all have 7-Eleven stores in your area ??

Even if you don't have any 7-Elevens, you more than likely have a similar gas-mart type store ... one that you can buy pop,chips,milk,bread,eggs,candy and other goodies at any time of the day. Well, we were just blessed with one more in our neighborhood and it has an added feature. Maybe it is only new to our area ?? The store has a drive-thru.

Don't get me wrong now, I about pee-peed in my pants at the concept at first :giggle: it really tickled me but then i was thinking about it and I felt like a lazy, fat slob of an oaf :lol:

However, the next time I am craving a cherry cola slurpee ... it will be very hard not to pull up to the drive-thru menu and place my order :hysterical:

Y'all have 7-Eleven stores in your area ??

Even if you don't have any 7-Elevens, you more than likely have a similar gas-mart type store ... one that you can buy pop,chips,milk,bread,eggs,candy and other goodies at any time of the day.

We have 7-Elevens in Australia. But I am sure LJ has told you, we call "candy" chocolate and lollies instead. (just coz I am feeling random, I am telling you something you probs already knew.) :tease:

But I live in a really small country town- one where the closest MacDonalds, KFC, Hungry Jacks (Burger King in the US) are 30 minutes drive away! :eek:
So, I don't have a 7-11 closeby. :(

Well, we were just blessed with one more in our neighborhood and it has an added feature. Maybe it is only new to our area ?? The store has a drive-thru.

Don't get me wrong now, I about pee-peed in my pants at the concept at first :giggle: it really tickled me but then i was thinking about it and I felt like a lazy, fat slob of an oaf :lol:

However, the next time I am craving a cherry cola slurpee ... it will be very hard not to pull up to the drive-thru menu and place my order :hysterical:
Holy crap! :eek: That is sooo cool but sooo damn lazy at the same time. :lmao: Although there are drive thru fast food restaurants, drive thru banks, etc. I guess it doesn't make this concept of a 7-11 drive thru any lazier. :lol:

In my small town, we still have service stations attendants who fill your car with petrol like back in the old says- that's pretty lazy and cool too! :lol:

Last edited:
I live in a small town too, and I mean a REALLY small town. We're like 100 km away from any real civilization, so there's no point building a 7-11 out here. But like Marni said, they do exist in Oz. We do have like a corner shop that's similar though, they have a petrol station and serve food as well. It's doesn't have a drive-thru, and it's nothing like the 7-11 I went to when I was living in the city, but we can live with it.

I don't think that laziness would have become an issue hadn't they made it so easy for us to be lazy! If people had to get out of the car and go and get their food, they would do it, but society in general tend to always take the easy way out. No body is gonna park their car, turn the engine off, take the key out of the ignition, open the care door, get out, close the car door, walk all the way to the store's door, walk through ten isles to find what they want, walk all the way to the counter, wait for someone to get there, open their bag, take the money out, pay for the item, walk all the way back to the door, walk back to their car, open the car door, put the food in the car, get in the car, close the car door, put the key in the ignition, start the car, get out of the parking lot, and drive home if they can bypass all of that by going through a drive-thru :lol: I'm tired just thinking about doing all that stuff!

^ :lmao: Steph- when you think about it like that, it's so true! :lmao:

In my town we have only one drive-thru and that's McDonald's :D

LOL chichi i know what ur talking about... i've seen em b4. not where i'm living now but we had one for a split second in poughkeepsie then it shut down. i think they have em on long island.

i can't imagine ever being soo tired or in such a hurry that i would go thru a drive thru @ the 7-11 for milk or a slurpee. but then i'm the kinda person that'll just park in the last row of the mall lot b/c walking is good for you :)

just last night my BF was whining that there's no grocery delivery service up here LOL... they have that stuff in Boston but not in buffalo... "ohhh how convienient"

its not like we're squeezing in grocery shopping b/c we have no time... i mean i've been sittin on the computer all morning lol

yes..we have one in our l.a. neighborhood..i'm surprised, cus everything else there closes at a certain time..but it sure will be convenient for me..

look fo' u know damn well subway would have more business if they ass had a window u could ride up to and order. im tired of getting out of the car. not fat anymore but now i gotta lug a carseat thingie everywhere. i'd pay for the xtra convenience.

LOL we don't have a drive thru 7-11 but we have several drive thru liquor stores (lets just promote drinking and driving to the fullest :rolleyes: ) and we just got our first drive thru dunkin donuts :lol: Kids have been bugging me to go there.

Last edited:
We've always had drive thru Alcohol/liquor stores.

They're handy for when you're on the way to a party or event and need to BYO drinks. Just pull into there grab your slab of VB or your chardy and away you go :p

We've always had drive thru Alcohol/liquor stores.

They're handy for when you're on the way to a party or event and need to BYO drinks. Just pull into there grab your slab of VB or your chardy and away you go :p

Oh yeah! How could I forget :doh:

EDIT: VB and chardy :lmao: I love the way you say stuff LJ. :lol:

Last edited:
:rofl: well that's what it is isn't it? :lol:

Yes, it is, I am just easily pleased. I laugh at the way people say things. :lol: Maybe it's that I haven't heard the word "chardy" in a long time- so Aussie! Anyways, I am just blabbing now. :lol:

I remember living in Brisbane- they had alcohol delivery! The only catch was that the order had to be over $50 or something. :lol: Now, that's lazy. :lmao:

Ooooh I wonder if we have alcohol delivery here :D

might have to investigate although I usually can con someone into doing my shopping for me :rofl:

yall just got drive-thru Dunkin Dees :eek: that just is not right !! I would lose my entire morning routine without that stop with the kids... it shuts them up and gets me my morning sugar/caffiene fix

OMG I couldn't imagine stopping there every morning lmao! My kids eat before we leave the house or go hungry!

Last edited:
Back