Official Victory Tour Release on the Horizon?

Zakk

Proud Member
This performance of The Jackson's Infamous recording 'This Place Hotel' whilst on the Victory Tour was uploaded yesterday on the groups official YouTube account, along with the short film for 'Torture' could this be a possible indication of the groups final Tour being released this year to celebrate it's 30th Anniversary? time will tell, but it is extremely exciting to see such High Quality footage. It is believed this particular concert was performed in Buffalo (although Unconfirmed), 1984.

Last edited:
Has this footage already come out but and is of just a higher quality? Or is this completely new footage and high quality?

Is that account official? Amazing footage! I want to see the full concert. :)

Last edited:
^Yeah I checked Vevo and it is listed on their account.

It would be awesome if they release this or any good quality concert. Victory Tour deserves 30th Anniversary release.

Last edited:
I wouldn't get to excited. I would guess this was put up to generate interest in the residency in las Vegas. They were to start play Feb 20th thru April. I wouldn't think there would be interest from people to see them without MJ.

I wouldn't get to excited. I would guess this was put up to generate interest in the residency in las Vegas. They were to start play Feb 20th thru April. I wouldn't think there would be interest from people to see them without MJ.

That's why i believe a worldwide cinema release could possibly work. as we know there were some shows that were shot on film, as noted in the chicago 1984 tv special. I think both fans of The Jackson's & of Michael's would enjoy seeing this. I love the camera angles that are used also, looks beautiful.

That's why i believe a worldwide cinema release could possibly work. as we know there were some shows that were shot on film, as noted in the chicago 1984 tv special. I think both fans of The Jackson's & of Michael's would enjoy seeing this. I love the camera angles that are used also, looks beautiful.

Good points Zaak but... Let's be realistic maybe DvD or BR but cinema that's a stretch. The MJ estate could possibly put out one of MJs 3 tours but I wouldn't think they would invest that much cash with the brothers considering the history with the estate. MJ is one thing... The Jackson's is another. I live in the USA and the Jackson brothers are a joke. I would like to have victory don't get me wrong. I just wish they could edit out the family. LMFAO

Good points Zaak but... Let's be realistic maybe DvD or BR but cinema that's a stretch. The MJ estate could possibly put out one of MJs 3 tours but I wouldn't think they would invest that much cash with the brothers considering the history with the estate. MJ is one thing... The Jackson's is another. I live in the USA and the Jackson brothers are a joke. I would like to have victory don't get me wrong. I just wish they could edit out the family. LMFAO

lol.. well, you do make interesting points but it's possible the brother's desire this to be released but they work in a sole agreement with epic records perhaps? the estate have just as much right to the film reels as they do and it was uploaded on there official channel, i guess we just gotta wait and see. to the other tours, only one rumored is HIStory.. dangerous & BAD are the best which means they'll be released last.. it's logical reality my dear chap ;)

If we were to see a release of the tour, this year would be ideal, for several reasons.

-The residency of the Vegas show
-30th anniversary of the Victory tour and album
-45th anniversary of the group's debut on Motown

plus contrary to what some think, many want to see The Jacksons' 1978-1984 tours get an official release and the albums get the remaster and deluxe edition

A limited theatrical release of a concert from Victory or Bad or Dangerous or even something as early as the Triumph Tour (if it was recorded on film) would be great but honestly, I just wanna see these tours released in general lol

If we were to see a release of the tour, this year would be ideal, for several reasons.

plus contrary to what some think, many want to see The Jacksons' 1978-1984 tours get an official release and the albums get the remaster and deluxe edition

A limited theatrical release of a concert from Victory or Bad or Dangerous or even something as early as the Triumph Tour (if it was recorded on film) would be great but honestly, I just wanna see these tours released in general lol

if there's a collectors label, we'd get everything... lol, but i guess we gotta wait for the best tours (we all know which they are) Triumph tour los angeles snippets look immense. and they could release it with the live cd.. but this is victory tour we gotta focus on. let's hope it comes to be.

I attended the Detroit leg of the Victory Tour; hard to believe it's been 30 YEARS. Damn, I'm old, but in this case it's good to be old (I attended the Triumph Tour and some J5 shows, too), LMAO!!

I saw Mike more with his brothers than solo, so I'm fiendin' for his solo tours, BAD and HIStory, especially. I bought tixs to BAD (Denver, Co), but couldn't go, but my Air Force buddies I gave them to loved it.

Oh,Zakk,Zakk,Zakk...you and your assumptions of everything footage related.
This was probably released due to interest of The Jackson's performing their Vegas residency.The chances of them releasing the Victory Tour on DVD are very slim,especially that no announcement has been made.
And this doesn't look like film footage.Are you sure you know the difference between film and tape?

mj_brainiac;3963397 said:

Thank you.

I do not understand how Michael as an artist can be fully appreciated without a review and understanding of his years with J5 and the Jacksons unless of course, his artistry is simply not of importance. I understand each fan is unique so the artistry of Michael is not that important for some however, it is important to me.

I truly believe the estate makes huge mistakes by ignoring these parts of Michael’s legacy. The work and success of Michael along with his brothers should not be ignored.

I personally believe Michael did not become a success with Thriller; if one looks to his past he was already a success.

SheilaMJFan4Ever;3963481 said:
I attended the Detroit leg of the Victory Tour; hard to believe it's been 30 YEARS. Damn, I'm old, but in this case it's good to be old (I attended the Triumph Tour and some J5 shows, too), LMAO!!

I saw Mike more with his brothers than solo, so I'm fiendin' for his solo tours, BAD and HIStory, especially. I bought tixs to BAD (Denver, Co), but couldn't go, but my Air Force buddies I gave them to loved it.

I am jealous of your concert experiences. *smile*

Tygger;3963515 said:
I truly believe the estate makes huge mistakes by ignoring these parts of Michael’s legacy. The work and success of Michael along with his brothers should not be ignored.

I don't think it's a matter of ignoring, but the fact that the brothers were involved in those and they have their rights too regarding that footage probably makes matters legally much more complicated than releasing a solo tour. Eg. would every brother agree that such footage should be released? Considering Randy's beef with the MJ Estate maybe he would block it, for example. Or if they wouldn't they may ask for an irrealistic sum of money. The same amount of effort (eg. marketing, ad campaign etc.) should be put into releasing Jacksons tours as solo tours, but the income for the Estate would only be a fraction of it, because a lot would be paid out to the brothers. So no wonder they rather focus on solo tours - less complicated and with more income.

Respect77, apologies, I am not a fan who believes the Jackson brothers would sabotage the release of Victory purposefully. Many are portraying the Jackson brothers as villains in this situation for whatever reason but, that reasoning is illogical for me especially with this clip on their Vevo channel. I hope they add more concert clips because J5 and The Jacksons' performances are stellar as that clip shows!

I believe Sony also has a say in this matter as well. If there was major foreseeable profit for the more powerful parties, like Sony, it would have been released ages ago.

The majority of Michael’s career, pre-Thriller, which includes Off The Wall, has been downplayed and/or ignored and that is a huge amount of art to overlook.

Last edited:
^^^^^ I don't believe it has been downplayed at all, everything takes time and patience as it would be a mistake to absolutely flood the market. But it is worth noting that sometimes the estate can't easily release everything when you consider Motown years and even the complete Ghost short film can't 'easily' be released.

Oh,Zakk,Zakk,Zakk...you and your assumptions of everything footage related.
This was probably released due to interest of The Jackson's performing their Vegas residency.The chances of them releasing the Victory Tour on DVD are very slim,especially that no announcement has been made.
And this doesn't look like film footage.Are you sure you know the difference between film and tape?

Yes i do, you can tell what is film and what isn't by looking at the crowd shots. this is a vhs transfer of Queen's 1986 Budapest concert originally shot on 35mm Film.

I like the editing. Could this concert be the one that was planned to be released at the time?

Last edited:

I was also at the Detroit leg. Victory and Bad! Awesome we are old eh?

Last Tear, I completely understand things take time however; Universal Music, who has access to the Motown Years, did an amazing job with Rare Pearls and the Ultimate Collection. They did not flood the market; they made high quality products available at reasonable prices to whoever chose to purchase them and I purchased both. Classic Media did the same with the J5 cartoon.

I watched the 30th anniversary of Thriller pass without so much as a tweet from MJ Online team. I expect the same for the 35th anniversary of Off The Wall which was already inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame. The Ghost film can be released if there is an effort to deal with Kingdom Entertainment. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

^^^^ Tygger, I think it's just a question of pacing, to spread everything out for the long haul. Re Ghosts, I'm sure that a deal could be met, however it would still need to be viable financially. We don't don't what, if any, efforts have been made. Just because we are unaware doesn't mean these things are or aren't considered.

Last Tear, time will tell however; I will not hold my breath. I will simply continue to enjoy and express gratitude for the Toronto Victory Tour leak. I hope the Victory Tour and past J5/Jacksons concerts will one day have an official release as those shows truly deserve it.

Second thoughts: Probably will be the victory tour since the two anniversaries but also the extra Queen songs would fit into a deluxe, remastered victory album

Tygger;3963515 said:
I do not understand how Michael as an artist can be fully appreciated without a review and understanding of his years with J5 and the Jacksons unless of course, his artistry is simply not of importance. I understand each fan is unique so the artistry of Michael is not that important for some however, it is important to me.

I personally believe Michael did not become a success with Thriller; if one looks to his past he was already a success.

I am jealous of your concert experiences. *smile*

AWESOME POINTS, Tygger! I've never understood how someone calling themselves a fan wouldn't embrace or at the very least dig into the entire career progression of an artist. I realize Michael's career stretched a time span longer than most have been alive, but that isn't an excuse not to KNOW, not to appreciate the beginning of his musical journey.

Michael was an international success when he was a CHILD. His solo success just took him to a higher level of it. Now that he's gone, there will be no more "new" material coming from him, so people will either have to truly appreciate what he left us or jump on the bandwagon of the latest "sensation".

If they do release the Victory Tour, I hope they don't screw up the technical aspect of the production again. Michael Jackson deserves great video and audio quality.

Back