Official <<< THIS IS IT >>> thisisittickets.com - More Countries Added ;-)

Re: Official > sonypictures.com/movies/michaeljacksonthisisit

^ Yes the movie shown in cinemas will be identical to the DVD. The only difference between the two, is that the DVD will have bonus material with much more content than the cinema release. This is to give fans incentive to buy the DVD as well. Most DVD's now have bonus material such as deleted scenes, interactive material, related material, etc. This Is It will be no different, sources have told me the DVD will have over 2 hours of extras!

^ Yes the movie shown in cinemas will be identical to the DVD. The only difference between the two, is that the DVD will have bonus material with much more content than the cinema release. This is to give fans incentive to buy the DVD as well. Most DVD's now have bonus material such as deleted scenes, interactive material, related material, etc. This Is It will be no different, sources have told me the DVD will have over 2 hours of extras!
thx for the info! this extra 2 hours sounds nice...this might mean that it will be a 2 DVD set?

The latest issue of Rolling Stone (Sept 17) says this:

.... "The film, which will debut in theaters in October, documents the run-up to the London shows Jackson was scheduled to play this summer. 'It shows you him in complete control -- directing the dancers, directing the band,' says Jackson's manager, Frank DiLeo, who has seen the footage. 'He's very happy, smiling, laughing, joking through the whole thing. I can't tell you the ending, but that's the best part.'"

The first time I read "I can't tell you the ending, but that's the best part" I was confused -- if it's going to be documentary style and chronological, how could the end be the best part? That would be the saddest, worst part! But then after reading the setlist thread I wonder if this is referring the helicopter idea for Earth Song, or maybe something with the new initiative to heal the world that some say MJ was planning to announce.... any thoughts from anyone else on what he could mean?

Thanks for the updates. It would be nice if it premiered on the VMA's. I can't wait to see it! I wish they would focus less on the funeral at the end, I would rather see some more performances but I guess it's nice that they saved that for the dvd. Someone said they shot 100 hours of footage. I hope it's all released.

The estate have really thought this out by releasing a cd too. They've organized this well.

not sure what they mean by the ending being the best part. Maybe they'll show some funeral footage and then maybe he'll perform something like "earth song" "heal the world" "man in the mirror" "will you be there" so it'll end on an uplifting note?

!BZ+!zQ!BWk~$(KGrHgoH-EEEjlLl)LvtBKpVob(fmQ~~_12.JPG

this is it poster...

OMG! That's looks incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish it was bigger because some of those photos I haven't seen!

hahaha I just read Bush's update on Facebook. He's baffled how this poster got out and on sale on ebay! So it's real?

Honestly I don't want to go see it if they put any parts of the funeral in it.

registered.

hahaha I just read Bush's update on Facebook. He's baffled how this poster got out and on sale on ebay! So it's real?

I'm not sure it's real (though it's pretty good), but here's a larger version
Click on image, then on +

MJJ%20thisisit-jackson-poster.jpg

Why no Canada?

Re: Official > sonypictures.com/movies/michaeljacksonthisisit - TICKET info

that looks really cool

Any word on irish movie theatres ,cant see anything

Re: This Is It Trailer Coming Very Soon!

Guys don't be so negative! Why would you not be looking forward to have the opportunity to see Michael Jackson at the movies! Not to mention be a part of history as the film storms to #1 and makes Jackson even more legendary for not only music but now for movies! I don't understand why some fans are being so negative! Be positive guys, it will be a great film

I doubt 'This is it' will be as widely available as the biggest movie release of the same week. If I'm right then I doubt this will storm to the top of the charts because there will be fewer screens showing it and therefore less revenue generated. It's too early to tell how this will pan out at the moment.

Even the film experts can't seem to agree on how well this documentary will do at the box office. BUT I do hope you're right! A No.1 cinema release will be great for Mike's legacy and great for the sales of the DVD and CD.

The estate have really thought this out by releasing a cd too. They've organized this well.

I don't agree. Releasing the CD is an obvious, uninspired tactic. It will only be worthwhile if Mike really did sing a large proportion of the songs live. IF this turns out to be mainly pre-recorded vocals with live adlibs or small live sections then this CD will be a big mistake. Releasing a 'live' CD with that kind of content will only damage Mike's reputation and it would be better to not release it at all.

sony and AEG are just trying to milk as much money from Michael Jackson this year as they possibly can while interest is still relatively high. I fully expect them to release something similarly money grabbing in time for the anniversary of his death next year. Hopefully it will be a new album, but to avoid disappointment I'm expecting a greatest hits re-release (Ones or Essential) with one new track.

Last edited:

sony and AEG are just trying to milk as much money from Michael Jackson this year as they possibly can while interest is still relatively high. I fully expect them to release something similarly money grabbing in time for the anniversary of his death next year. Hopefully it will be a new album, but to avoid disappointment I'm expecting a greatest hits re-release (Ones or Essential) with one new track.

You're right about that. While I'm dismayed they're gonna be milking the fans in Michael's name at the same time I'm curious to see what else he had in store for us. I already discovered some "unreleased" stuff on the web of what Michael had been doing and I'm awed at his talent and amazed he never released it officially on a separate album.

thanks for this

So many emotions :(

i have a sad feeling that's how we will hear his new music like it has been the past few years. Loads of re released greatest hits every year with one or 2 new songs. I hope I'm wrong and they do release full albums - I guess time will tell

You're right about that. While I'm dismayed they're gonna be milking the fans in Michael's name at the same time I'm curious to see what else he had in store for us. I already discovered some "unreleased" stuff on the web of what Michael had been doing and I'm awed at his talent and amazed he never released it officially on a separate album.

Listen, we're trying to celebrate, so PLEASE, don't come up in here with that negativity!

Start your own thread with that MESS and make sure you give it a proper title, NEGATIVITY!

Thank you :)

this is going to be amazing guys... lets break box office records on this. Michael broke loads of records in his brilliant life lets add one more for him. :clapping:

It WILL be relesed on Blu-ray!!

when you go to www.thisisittickets.com/ you can see it. it says:

Please notify me on news about the Michael Jackson's This Is It Blu-rayTM and DVD

It WILL be relesed on Blu-ray!!

when you go to www.thisisittickets.com/ you can see it. it says:

Please notify me on news about the Michael Jackson's This Is It Blu-rayTM and DVD

:wild: :clapping:

Wooo! I don't even have a blu-ray player but I'll be buying it aswell as DVD. :)

You think it'll hit iTunes in HD? Cos I'll probably buy it on that aswell, especially with Apple just announcing iTunes 9 and the new features for DVD content.

Re: Official > - thisisittickets.com - TICKET & Blu-ray/DVD info

exciting stuff :wub: can't wait to go out and buy a new mj dvd! :D

I have been reading some of the comments and I want to make the facts clear. I did not say the whole film is going to be voiceovers and documentary style antics. I simply said, the film will not be a 2 hour full fledge concert. There will be many aspects to the movie, including a balance of performing, directing, talking, a retrospective of Jackson's final days, and mentioning of the death/aftermath. Remember, Sony has to make this appealing to the masses as well. People will want to go more if the movie offers a bit of everything and sparks intense emotion among the viewers. Don't worry about it being negative, the Jackson estate has made it clear the movie CANNOT make Jackson look bad in any form. It will be positive but emotional. While its true the DVD will have more to offer fans (hours of performing, rehearsing, vocal training, etc), that does not mean the theatrical release will be garbage. This Is It will be an amazing movie, and while it will be slightly geared to the general public opposed to fans, it will still contain some amazing moments that a big screen will only amplify.

So don't skip out on the movie, try your best to get tickets and let's experience the last time Michael Jackson himself will be the starring role in a theatrical release!

Thank you for clearing that up. I'm definitely going to see it as long as it's released in Canada which I'm sure it will.

Back