Official <<< THIS IS IT >>> thisisittickets.com - More Countries Added ;-)

Re: This Is It Trailer Coming Very Soon!

I have been reading some of the comments and I want to make the facts clear. I did not say the whole film is going to be voiceovers and documentary style antics. I simply said, the film will not be a 2 hour full fledge concert. There will be many aspects to the movie, including a balance of performing, directing, talking, a retrospective of Jackson's final days, and mentioning of the death/aftermath. Remember, Sony has to make this appealing to the masses as well. People will want to go more if the movie offers a bit of everything and sparks intense emotion among the viewers. Don't worry about it being negative, the Jackson estate has made it clear the movie CANNOT make Jackson look bad in any form. It will be positive but emotional. While its true the DVD will have more to offer fans (hours of performing, rehearsing, vocal training, etc), that does not mean the theatrical release will be garbage. This Is It will be an amazing movie, and while it will be slightly geared to the general public opposed to fans, it will still contain some amazing moments that a big screen will only amplify.

So don't skip out on the movie, try your best to get tickets and let's experience the last time Michael Jackson himself will be the starring role in a theatrical release!

Will it be released on Blu-ray? Some HD performances

Im a bit disapointed that the movie is going to be mainly the dress rehearsal, aslong as they include the whole lot on the dvd i will be a happy guy :)

If the behind the scens and performances are like tha tof Hannah Montana 3D then I'll go. I wonder if it's going to be in 3D?

If They have 100 hours of rehearsal footage then why dont they just use the whole 2 hours or so of rehearsals?, why waste it with funeral stuff and fan reactions?, I've seen that played out a billion times on the news, it gets old, I want to see the man at work. But I still think the movie will be great if done well, what I'm really waiting for is the dvd.

Where...where.. where...? Hopefully they go into more details of where its going to play before anyone buys these tickets?

If They have 100 hours of rehearsal footage then why dont they just use the whole 2 hours or so of rehearsals?, why waste it with funeral stuff and fan reactions?, I've seen that played out a billion times on the news, it gets old, I want to see the man at work. But I still think the movie will be great if done well, what I'm really waiting for is the dvd.

that will be saved for the 25th special edition that will give u 5 mins new footage everytime

Re: Official > sonypictures.com/movies/michaeljacksonthisisit

because the demand will be HUGE, they will show it for two weeks only, only the registered ones get the chance.

no, you don't register for tickets, you register so that you get the info about when the tickets go on sale :)

Come on. MJ skipped the USA on his last 2 tours. Is it too much to ask that we get something here once in a while?

That's a fair enough point, I can understand :)

so thats why phillips was @ the funeral? hmmm

hah, in singapore they showed the entire HIStory concert live in Munich on his bday, then followed by the This Is It advert during every commercial break! can't wait for it :)
Wow! Do you know if someone has recorded it?? The HIStory concert I mean! It would be nice to finally get that in good quality!

Wow! Do you know if someone has recorded it?? The HIStory concert I mean! It would be nice to finally get that in good quality!

No before they release the History Concert they should first release these Concerts

Triumph
Victory
Bad 88
And the Dangerous Neverland rehearsal -all they have!-professional release!

Then they can release History.

u will be able to buy it from the trader sites it was shown on tv at the time.although i think i read it was a mix of other shows?

I wish it was going straight to DVD. Can't say I'm looking forward to this at all. :(

I wish it was going straight to DVD. Can't say I'm looking forward to this at all. :(
Me neither!:no:
I just have this weird feeling we will be all getting excited (for as far as it's possible) and going to the theatres and then get hugely dissapointed, because it's just another Sony thing....Sony isn't looking through eyes like ours.
Why does it have to be 'for the average visitor'....we've seen enough about his death, we just want to see Michael's magic, but yeah ofcourse Sony won't show only that.....money money money...all part of the money making, that's all I can say.
Argh!:smilerolleyes:

Guys don't be so negative! Why would you not be looking forward to have the opportunity to see Michael Jackson at the movies! Not to mention be a part of history as the film storms to #1 and makes Jackson even more legendary for not only music but now for movies! I don't understand why some fans are being so negative! Be positive guys, it will be a great film

Why would you not be looking forward to have the opportunity to see Michael Jackson at the movies!
er cause its all this that caused what has happened.

I don't want to see clips from the funeral or memorial on the big screen! Its bad enough watching it in the comfort of your own home.
I don't like the sound of this at all :no:
This isn't what this documentary should be about, I mean we all know what's happened we don't need reminding!
I thought this was going to be about Michael's genius as a creator and performer and just concentrating on that.
I think I may be waiting for this to come out on dvd I can't bear to watch this at the cinema, it will be too upsetting.Michael would want this to be happy not a sad experience for his fans.

that will be saved for the 25th special edition that will give u 5 mins new footage everytime

Am I understanding this correctly? Are you saying that every 25 years they will be releasing an extra 5 mins of footage?

Most of us will be dead. I hope I"m misunderstanding this.

^ lol :lol:

Thanks for posting the news.

so thats why phillips was @ the funeral? hmmm

I'm not going to see this I've decided as Sony are releasing it and if the funeral is in this I really don't think Michael would want his funeral where his children are to be used in a profit making film. I hope its not in it I really do.

Believe me Sony will want to milk the 100 hours footage they now hold after paying millions of dollars. This is it movie will not be about the rehearsals, its gonna be about Michael Jackson the genius, about him, his mind about his creative thought process and the legacy he will leave behind and behind the scenes run up to his final days. Sony will release the un-cut version of the rehearsals probably next Christmas on DVD.

Guys go watch this and enjoy on the big screen, because you will regret it, if you don't. Also who knows when the dvd will come out!

Guys go watch this and enjoy on the big screen, because you will regret it, if you don't. Also who knows when the dvd will come out!

I agree.

Mike wouldn't have wanted us to not see it. He would like us to see this.

I can't wait. And I hope it will be released in Blu-Ray too.

Guys.

Don't forget.. KENNY ORTEGA is directing this project.. I think we will definately see much rehearsal footage..

Guys.

Don't forget.. KENNY ORTEGA is directing this project.. I think we will definately see much rehearsal footage..

I think so too. I hope very much too. :D

Am I understanding this correctly? Are you saying that every 25 years they will be releasing an extra 5 mins of footage?

Most of us will be dead. I hope I"m misunderstanding this.

I'm pretty sure they were kidding about that. :lol:

Re: Official > sonypictures.com/movies/michaeljacksonthisisit

I have some news about the movie guys, just revealed to me by a source working closely on the movie. I can't give his name due to privacy but I can confirm it is 100% legit. There is some great stuff here, here is what I know:

1) Trailers are mostly done, and were waiting partly on the footage from the funeral which is being added in now. Expect to see the first ad premiere next weekend. I tried to press him on more info regarding the VMA's but couldn't get a confirmation.

2) The movie is not a 2 hour concert like many fans thought. In fact the movie is simply a documentary based around the This Is It tour, it shows Jackson in his final days and includes his death, aftermath, and reaction. Clips from the memorial and funeral will be used.

3) There will be some footage of MJ performing, much longer then the 3-4 minute snippet released at the end of June by AEG. You will see MJ in his dressing room, mingling and directing, plus one scene where he talks to the camera. Basically, it will show Jackson in his final months alive.

4) The movie is between 100 and 130 minutes in length.

5) The plan for the DVD is to have it out in late November by Thanksgiving or early December at the latest, although my source revealed this maybe a long shot if they extend the 2 week showing to 3 or 4 weeks (which is possible).

6) The DVD will contain the theatrical version in its whole plus over 2 hours of Jackson performing, warming up his vocals, singing, and in full costume. The most spectacular footage is by far from the Staples Center in LA which I'm told will "blow fans away". This extra footage will be a special feature on the DVD along with many other treats that fans will love.

7) Finally, the CD soundtrack I'm told will be released after the movie, most likely sometime in November to coincide with the DVD launch and WILL include a new song Jackson recorded in his last 2 years alive. Apparently the song is "off the hook" and is currently being worked on by producers who are putting the finishing touches on it and is being considered to be issued as a single all around the world.

I have been reading some of the comments and I want to make the facts clear. I did not say the whole film is going to be voiceovers and documentary style antics. I simply said, the film will not be a 2 hour full fledge concert. There will be many aspects to the movie, including a balance of performing, directing, talking, a retrospective of Jackson's final days, and mentioning of the death/aftermath. Remember, Sony has to make this appealing to the masses as well. People will want to go more if the movie offers a bit of everything and sparks intense emotion among the viewers. Don't worry about it being negative, the Jackson estate has made it clear the movie CANNOT make Jackson look bad in any form. It will be positive but emotional. While its true the DVD will have more to offer fans (hours of performing, rehearsing, vocal training, etc), that does not mean the theatrical release will be garbage. This Is It will be an amazing movie, and while it will be slightly geared to the general public opposed to fans, it will still contain some amazing moments that a big screen will only amplify.

So don't skip out on the movie, try your best to get tickets and let's experience the last time Michael Jackson himself will be the starring role in a theatrical release!
I want to know that is the movie they gonna show in theatres exactly the same the will be on a DVD?

Guys don't be so negative! Why would you not be looking forward to have the opportunity to see Michael Jackson at the movies! Not to mention be a part of history as the film storms to #1 and makes Jackson even more legendary for not only music but now for movies! I don't understand why some fans are being so negative! Be positive guys, it will be a great film
It's too soon for some of us. Some of us are still very emotional and even in mourning state. It's simply still too painfull.
Especially if there's gonna be footage of news about his death and the memorial... I'm really afraid that I can't contain myself at the theatre, it'll be just like watching the memorial again, crying my eyes out.

Back