Official <<< THIS IS IT >>> thisisittickets.com - More Countries Added ;-)

Re: This Is It Trailer Coming Very Soon!

I have some news about the movie guys, just revealed to me by a source working closely on the movie. I can't give his name due to privacy but I can confirm it is 100% legit. There is some great stuff here, here is what I know:

1) Trailers are mostly done, and were waiting partly on the footage from the funeral which is being added in now. Expect to see the first ad premiere next weekend. I tried to press him on more info regarding the VMA's but couldn't get a confirmation.

2) The movie is not a 2 hour concert like many fans thought. In fact the movie is simply a documentary based around the This Is It tour, it shows Jackson in his final days and includes his death, aftermath, and reaction. Clips from the memorial and funeral will be used.

3) There will be some footage of MJ performing, much longer then the 3-4 minute snippet released at the end of June by AEG. You will see MJ in his dressing room, mingling and directing, plus one scene where he talks to the camera. Basically, it will show Jackson in his final months alive.

4) The movie is between 100 and 130 minutes in length.

5) The plan for the DVD is to have it out in late November by Thanksgiving or early December at the latest, although my source revealed this maybe a long shot if they extend the 2 week showing to 3 or 4 weeks (which is possible).

6) The DVD will contain the theatrical version in its whole plus over 2 hours of Jackson performing, warming up his vocals, singing, and in full costume. The most spectacular footage is by far from the Staples Center in LA which I'm told will "blow fans away". This extra footage will be a special feature on the DVD along with many other treats that fans will love.

7) Finally, the CD soundtrack I'm told will be released after the movie, most likely sometime in November to coincide with the DVD launch and WILL include a new song Jackson recorded in his last 2 years alive. Apparently the song is "off the hook" and is currently being worked on by producers who are putting the finishing touches on it and is being considered to be issued as a single all around the world.

Thanks for the information. If accurate I am disappointed, I was hoping for it to be mostly dress rehearsal footage of him performing :-( Maybe I will wait for the dvd afterall

I have some news about the movie guys, just revealed to me by a source working closely on the movie. I can't give his name due to privacy but I can confirm it is 100% legit. There is some great stuff here, here is what I know:

1) Trailers are mostly done, and were waiting partly on the footage from the funeral which is being added in now. Expect to see the first ad premiere next weekend. I tried to press him on more info regarding the VMA's but couldn't get a confirmation.

2) The movie is not a 2 hour concert like many fans thought. In fact the movie is simply a documentary based around the This Is It tour, it shows Jackson in his final days and includes his death, aftermath, and reaction. Clips from the memorial and funeral will be used.

3) There will be some footage of MJ performing, much longer then the 3-4 minute snippet released at the end of June by AEG. You will see MJ in his dressing room, mingling and directing, plus one scene where he talks to the camera. Basically, it will show Jackson in his final months alive.

5) The plan for the DVD is to have it out in late November by Thanksgiving or early December at the latest, although my source revealed this maybe a long shot if they extend the 2 week showing to 3 or 4 weeks (which is possible).

6) The DVD will contain the theatrical version in its whole plus over 2 hours of Jackson performing, warming up his vocals, singing, and in full costume. The most spectacular footage is by far from the Staples Center in LA which I'm told will "blow fans away". This extra footage will be a special feature on the DVD along with many other treats that fans will love.

7) Finally, the CD soundtrack I'm told will be released after the movie, most likely sometime in November to coincide with the DVD launch and WILL include a new song Jackson recorded in his last 2 years alive. Apparently the song is "off the hook" and is currently being worked on by producers who are putting the finishing touches on it and is being considered to be issued as a single all around the world.

Interesting...
Thank you.

God, I hope that's not true. Why would they do that? It's not as if we need to be reminded.

I thought this film was going to celebrate him as a performer.... why on earth would they want to show clips from the memorial and the funeral?? No fan wants to go through all that again...

God, I hope that's not true. Why would they do that? It's not as if we need to be reminded.

I thought this film was going to celebrate him as a performer.... why on earth would they want to show clips from the memorial and the funeral?? No fan wants to go through all that again...

I agree.

After all, this is called "This Is It". It should be all about the tour with obviously small bits of the memorial incorporated into it.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiceeee!!!!

Dying to see more footage :)

It is confirmed that they got 100 hrs of rehearsel footage to make the movie..

why wouldn't they use it?
Days after MJ passed away, a source from AEG came out and said that they have the whole rehearsel for the concert on tape..

Last edited:

Clever way of making loads of money....

Well looks like the DVD will be much more interesting than the movie itself.

"Thanks for the information. If accurate I am disappointed, I was hoping for it to be mostly dress rehearsal footage of him performing :-( Maybe I will wait for the dvd afterall"

My feelings as well...I cant help but think the "two week" showing thing will turn getting tickets for the Movie in the Cinemas into a fiasco along the lines of the O2 tickets... and I really dont want to go thru all that again...why cant they just release it like any other movie? sorry to grumble in such a happy thread... I really want to see the trailer...and I really want to see the Movie and I really want the DVD...but I really dont want to get caught up in a "scrum" to get tickets...totally unnecessary on Sonys behalf and totally undignified for fans, just my opinion.

As legit as some of it sounds, you just can never be too sure in my opinion.

I'm trying to keep a very open mind about this all.

I hope your sources are reliable, can't wait to hear new music! It will break my heart at the same time though, cuz Mike won't be here to promote it.

he movie is not a 2 hour concert like many fans thought. In fact the movie is simply a documentary based around the This Is It tour, it shows Jackson in his final days and includes his death, aftermath, and reaction. Clips from the memorial and funeral will be used.
if thats the case im leaving b4 the end if i go to the cinema or will just wait for the DVD. it sounds nothing more than something bashir would do. tactless and tasteless and using mj till the very end in total trueman show fashion

internationally, waaaaaw. I think I wont get a ticket since everyone in the world wants to see this. I think everyone should get a ticket online from the cinema's site so you can go in and dont have to wait hours in the line!

I wonder if they will tell us where This is It will be playing in each city??

It sounds like they're turning Michaels final weeks and beyond into a complete soap opera, and it feels wayyyy off to me. Do we need to sit through and relive the torture of every single day since 25th June? I already knew I'd be upset by the movie, now Im properly dreading it.

I agree I thought the movie was gonna be something positive after all this tragedy why on earth would they put that stuff in there?
anyway I think Im gonna wait for the DVD coz it seems that there are gonna be more interesting stuff on it and Im pretty sure that even if I want to see it in the cinema the tickets are gonna sell out really fast and I will not be able to get one on time

I'll make sure to skip this, they've got to be kidding to think I want to relieve how he died and his funerals on the big screen.

i will have to wait for the DVD because the movie isn't coming to my hometown theater.

Yay! I'm hyped up for this. I'm happy that we will be seeing 2 hours of him performing on the dvd. Very much looking forward to the new song too!

I'm hoping it will be something like Madonna's I'm Going To Tell You A Secret... a good balance of performance footage intertwined with behind-the-scenes footage which offers a glimpse of the artist creating the show.

Re: Official > The Movie: Webpage w/Ticket info >>>>>> *** UPDATES pg 1 ***

Films to watch this fall
By BILL GOODYKOONTZ • Gannett Chief Film Critic

The fall movie season is traditionally when studios trot out some of their best films. This fall is no different.

adlabel_horz.gif
...the schedule is full of possible Oscar contenders...

The fall calendar is full of what should be good movies. Here’s the latest look at those slated for wide release...

...“Michael Jackson’s This Is It” (not yet rated): Rehearsal footage for Jackson’s series of comeback shows is turned into a movie, directed by “High School Musical” director Kenny Ortega. It’ll be huge.

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/article/20090906/OSH0501/90902070

The big-screen buzz / Fall movie preview:
BY DAVID GERMAIN, AP Movie Writer

...Michael Jackson's 50-night concert stand in London never came to pass.
But rehearsal footage for his comeback shows offers what is sure to be one of the biggest music documentaries ever as "Michael Jackson: This Is It" (Oct. 28) hits theaters for a limited two-week run.

http://www.southtownstar.com/entertainment/1751872,090409MoviesFall.article

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2009/sep/04/falls-bounty/

Last edited:

Complete and utter twats. They've officially lost it.

^^^

Yeah, it'll be huge indeed!

I don't really understand it - what about the rest of the world? :unsure:

Back