Official This Is It DVD Release Events in LA & NYC!

ThisIsItEvents

Proud Member
CALLING ALL MICHAEL JACKSON FANS! Learn THE DRILL and come dance with choreographers / THIS IS IT Dancers! See details below.

Be the first to own Michael Jackson’s This Is It on Blu-ray™ and DVD and dance live with the Michael Jackson's This Is It dancers! On January 25th starting at 9PM Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and Best Buy will be hosting an exclusive screening of Michael Jackson's This Is It at select stores. Directly following the screening you will have a chance to perform “The Drill” with the actual dancers from Michael Jackson's This Is It and meet Michael Jackson’s choreographers!

http://www.mjthisisitevents.com

Learn the dance at home by watching the video featured on the website above, and then come out to rehearse with the Michael Jackson’s This Is It dancers on Sunday, January 24th.

Los Angeles Dance Rehearsal Info:
Rehearsal with Stacy Walker / THIS IS IT tour dancers:
Attend a workshop and rehearse with Michael Jackson's This Is It Dancers on
Sunday, January 24th 9PM at Best Buy (see address below)

NYC Dance Rehearsal Info:
Attend a workshop and rehearse with Travis Payne and Michael Jackson's This Is It Dancers on Sunday, January 24th 8PM at Best Buy Union Square (see address below)

NEW YORK CITY
Best Buy Union Square
One Union Square South
Corner of 14th Street & 4th Ave.

Main Event:
Monday, January 25th 9:30pm
Screening begins inside Best Buy at 9:30pm

Directly following the screening you will have a chance to perform “The Drill” with the dancers from Michael Jackson's This Is It and meet Michael Jackson’s choreographer Travis Payne and Director Kenny Ortega.

LOS ANGELES
Best Buy Westfield Culver City
6000 Sepulveda Blvd Culver City, CA 90230
Located inside the mall. Enter at the Grand entrance between Best Buy & BJ's Restaurant.

Main Event:
Monday, January 25th 9:00pm
Screening begins inside Best Buy at 9:05pm.

Directly following the screening you will have a chance to perform “The Drill” with the dancers from Michael Jackson's This Is It and meet Michael Jackson’s choreographer Stacy Walker.

Are you friggin kidding me?!?! :bugeyed WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY must I be out of town during this?! I am SO ready to get back to New York. I can't watch TII because my Blu-Ray player is there and I still haven't seen my Opus because it's been there, sitting in my room, gathering dust and now this? :no:

Wow, looks like fun but I try to avoid dancing in public, lol. I wish the NYC screening and Drill were earlier than 9:30pm on Monday. I would have definitely tried to at least go and observe.

PrincessM...NYC is calling you! LOL

His dancers will be there??? :eek:

Why did i have 2 live so far away? :(

That was cool to watch!:clapping:The inmates rocked with Travis! OMG, only MJ can bring out something so fantastic that unites.

I just love seeing The Drill:cheeky:

Last edited:
I live 32 minuates away and want to go so badly but I really dont know the LA area and would more than likely get lost -_-

I went to the LA release event last night and had a blast!! A few of the male dancers and one of the female dancers were there, and they were amazing! I bought the Blu Ray, DVD, and soundtrack at midnight! :D

EDIT: I had tried linking to a video I took of The Drill and posted on my Facebook, but the video looks grainy when you watch it from that link. I'm going to upload it to Myspace instead and I'll post it when it's loaded!

Last edited:
Guess what everyone??? WE DIDNT EVEN GET TO SEE THE SCREENING!!! BEST BUY played us bigtime!!!

But we all had each other so in teh end it worked out, even one of our MJJC members sang "Heal The World" and we all sang togther

I can't watch the uploaded LA video atm but did anyone else watch Travis' choreography vid and go "Erm, they expect people to learn all those moves in 1 DAY?!!" As cool as Drill is, it's not exactly the easiest dance to perfect in a number of hours, lol.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

^^ Me trying to dance while everyone in the flashmob goes in sync.... :p

Could anyone who went to the LA event tell me what happened as Raffles on his Twitter page was fuming about it, saying it was poorly organised by SONY, and saying they should be ashamed. He was really angry about it.

Could anyone who went to the LA event tell me what happened as Raffles on his Twitter page was fuming about it, saying it was poorly organised by SONY, and saying they should be ashamed. He was really angry about it.

I am curious about that too.

Hmm, not exactly sure what he would have been referring to... The screening of This Is It stopped about halfway through due to the DVD skipping or something, so they just decided to stop the movie there altogether. Also, when the dancers came out, no one knew when to do the The Drill with them, so once they had done The Drill and left, the announcers decided to bring people from the crowd up to do it again so that the crowd would dance along. When the dancers from the movie were doing The Drill, they had to restart the song 3 times because the song would skip at the beginning and throw their timing off, so the dancers told them to restart it.

It did seem poorly organized in some ways now that I think about it, but I'm not sure specifically what that person may have been mad about.

oh wow. they stopped the movie? they had to restart the dance three times? wow. I understand why Raffles was mad.

For those of you that attended or would like to see the flash mob of 150 fans and dancers who danced with Travis and the rest of MJ's THIS IS IT dancers, you can check out the official videos from the LA and NYC midnight release events below. Pretty cool so many fans came out to support, right? Thanks to all of you for continuing MJ's legacy!

LA Video: http://bit.ly/cgbk8b

NYC Video: http://bit.ly/bQ99Rh

Official Press Release info:

Michael Jackson fans attended midnight release events for Sony Pictures Home Entertainment’s Michael Jackson’s THIS IS IT Blu-ray™ and DVD last week to share their passion for the late King of Pop.

Fans had the chance to not only meet & greet with the THIS IS IT cast, but also dance with Associate Producer and Choreographer Travis Payne, choreographer Stacy Walker, and Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT Dancers.

Surprise flash mobs of 150+ amateur dancers performed “Drill,” a military-inspired number from Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT, while more than 350 people celebrated the DVD release in each city at a special midnight opening of the Best Buy stores in New York's Union Square and Los Angeles’ Culver City Westfield. Check out the videos here and here.

Michael Jackson’s This Is It is now available in the US, Japan and select territories worldwide on Blu-ray™ and DVD.

http://www.thisisitmovieondvd.com

Back