Off The Wall Single Question

Geekboy

Proud Member
Back in 1980 or 81 one night I had a cassette recording off an fm station while I was busy doing stuff.

I already owned the album 'Off The Wall' and knew it well and loved it.

When I played back my cassette later there was a version of the song 'Off The Wall' that blew me away!! It was much fuller in sound than what was on the album.

It sounded like there were many, many more horns and it was fantastic! Listening to the album version seemed so quiet and subdued compared to this mix.

Sadly, my cassette was ruined so I no longer have it. Does anyone know of this version of 'Off The Wall' that was incredibly fuller than what is on the album? And if so where can I get it?

Thanks.

I have the original NYC radio station post production Cassette of "OFW" and i agree the sound is alot fuller and the bass is alot more intense,there is a slight difference with the version we get today the sound seems lighter.

I have the original NYC radio station post production Cassette of "OFW" and i agree the sound is alot fuller and the bass is alot more intense,there is a slight difference with the version we get today the sound seems lighter.

Any way you could put that audio on YouTube or somewhere?

I hope Kingofthedancefloor will find us in this section. I can't send a private message to him.

Back