Off The Wall question

Geekboy

Proud Member
Back in the early 80's I had on an audio cassette a version of the song Off The Wall by Michael Jackson that was much much fuller sounding than what is on the album.

It was clearly remixed and the horns were much louder and the song was excellent. The one on the album sounds dull and soft. Anybody know where I could get that remixed version? I've heard several different mixes on the net but nothing like the one I had.

I recorded this fuller version on cassette off the radio. The tape finally wore out and I've been looking for this version of the song for almost 30 years!

I might be wrong I understand that sometimes stuff was mixed differently for cassettes as opposed to CDs because they different beasts and work at different frequencies?

I might be wrong I understand that sometimes stuff was mixed differently for cassettes as opposed to CDs because they different beasts and work at different frequencies?

This was wildly mixed differently than what was on the album! It was almost as if Phil Spector mixed it.

This is EXACTLY the case! When people say an LP version is better they are mistaken, it's nothing to do with the format but the mastering and production used to get the most out of whatever is used as the final format. This is why an LP sounds softer sometimes and less 'electronic' if you know what I mean :)

This is EXACTLY the case! When people say an LP version is better they are mistaken, it's nothing to do with the format but the mastering and production used to get the most out of whatever is used as the final format. This is why an LP sounds softer sometimes and less 'electronic' if you know what I mean :)

This is EXACTLY not the case! The version I had was LITERALLY night and day different from the album or any other release I heard! It was DRAMATICALLY mixed differently!

Back