October 27, 2008

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Ok, I need to start this one really early but heck it's Oct. 27th somewhere :lol:

Got a couple of tid-bits for ya to get it started...

Collier bands showcased their talents at high school band performance

By SARA GOTTWALLES (Contact)
1:25 p.m., Sunday, October 26, 2008

...Golden Gate adds props to its props -- a streamer-throwing, smoke-blowing Michael Jackson silhouetted centerpiece. They are marching their Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, and Jackson 5 show...
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/oct/26/collier-bands-showcased-their-talents-high-school-/

‘Camp Muskoka was really cool because... ’ document.title= "‘Camp Muskoka was really cool because... ’";
By Erin Homer, Gr. 7, Charles R. Beaudoin P. S., Views From A Student

Columns
Oct 26, 2008
...We also had a dance, a karaoke dance to be exact, and it was the most fun dance I have been to in my life — for the most part anyway. We got to sing songs; my friends and I sang Billie Jean (Michael Jackson version, not David Cook), Twist and Shout, Fergalicious and some boys even sang Yellow Submarine. Over all, the dance was sociable and I felt like I got to be myself.
http://www.burlingtonpost.com/opinions/article/215385

That'll have to hold ya til I can get back on :yes:

ok lil update...

Thrilling the world: Downtown event a success

JOHN D. WALLER, Staff Writer
Article Launched: 10/27/2008 10:54:18 AM EDT

var requestedWidth = 0; Click photo to enlarge

'Zombies' participate in a record breaking attempt on Saturday afternoon to have the largest... if(requestedWidth > 0){ document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.width = requestedWidth + "px"; document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"; }
Monday, October 27
BENNINGTON — Most area residents didn't need a meteorologist to tell them it was going to rain on Saturday.
All they needed to know was that it was the day of the Great Pumpkin Challenge and they could figure out the rest for themselves (the same local intuition exists for the Bennington Car Show, according to locals on Main Street).
However, this year the event's organizers planned for the worst; they weren't going to get fooled a third time. They planned indoor events, such as a dance at the Elks Lodge and a pumpkin bake-off. And they brought "Thrill the World" to Bennington, which got 111 zombie-clad locals dancing to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" in the Bennington Firehouse.
First time in Bennington
The large choreographed dance was part of an annual effort to break the Guinness World Record for largest simultaneous dance. And even though the event, in its third year (first in Bennington), didn't quite match the magnitude of 197,000 Canadian school children doing the hokey pokey in 2002 (the current record), it still drew 4,000 zombies worldwide at 65 sites in nine countries.
Bennington tied with Minehead and Somerset, England, for having the ninth most participants at any given site. "It certainly lived up to my expectations — if not more," said Lin Bootle, the event's organizer who taught people the dance over the past two months. Austin, Texas, led with 880 participants.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada had one.

The local dance troupe consisted of mostly mothers and daughters. However, that didn't stop Dennis Fitzhugh from putting on a retro lime green tuxedo and getting down. "My wife made me do it," he said. "She said it would be fun."
Fitzhuth's wife, Marisa, and their daughter, Kara, a third-grader at Shaftsbury Elementary School, also took part. Many girls, including Jocelynn Neville, 8, who came up from North Adams, Mass., said their zombie dresses were going to be worn as their trick-or-treating costumes, but Kara is going to change things up. "I'm going as Hannah Montana," she said.
There were many mother-daughter combinations in the crew. Tiffany Morse and her daughter, Amber, a sixth grader at Mount Anthony Union Middle School dressed as a zombie bride, did their best Michael Jackson impressions, as did Maureen Stadnik and her 12-year-old daughter, Emily. "It was a fun thing to do as mother-daughter," Stadnik said sporting a black Motley Crue wig. "We don't get many opportunities to do things like this."
The dancers also took part in the Great Pumpkin Challenge parade, which featured a Volkswagen Beetle decorated as a jack-o'-lantern, a train pulling toddlers dressed as a power ranger and Jeff Gordon, a headless person and a metal sculpture that played different tones when a torch was moved around underneath it.
Main Street was also lined with pumpkins from Four Corners to the library. Some pumpkins got political, supporting either presidential candidate Sens. Barack Obama or John McCain. Others depicted the Bennington Battle Monument, spelled out slogans like, "Vermont, A Special Place," or had the classic jack-o'-lantern face. One was in the likeness of state senate candidate Ruth Harvie, complete with a yin-yang bandana. John Shannahan, executive director of Better Bennington Corp., which puts on the event, called the day a "success." He said Bennington is unique in that it's able to put on numerous events each year, unlike other towns that maybe have one. "Bennington is known statewide for its events," he said. "I credit our success to local organizations, the town and merchants working together, residents willing to volunteer and a close-knit community."
http://www.benningtonbanner.com/ci_10827661?source=most_viewed

Fancifull Gift Baskets aims to unwrap growth

43047860.jpg
Email Picture
Ken Hively / Los Angeles Times

Wally and Terry August own Fancifull Gift Baskets. Revenue has fallen at the Los Angeles store, whose clients include Michael Jackson and the sultan of Brunei.

[COLOR=#333333! important]A small-business consultant advises owners of the Los Angeles firm to focus on marketing, expand the product line and boost Fancifull's presence on the Web.[/color]
[COLOR=#999999! important]By Cyndia Zwahlen [/color]
[COLOR=#999999! important]October 27, 2008 [/color]
The back wall at the Melrose Avenue shop Fancifull Gift Baskets is dominated by a giant organizational chart detailing who does what in dozens of jobs across seven divisions and 21 departments.

The diagram, created by owners Wally and Terry August, steers employees to the right person for help as they create and deliver as many as 18,000 gifts and gift baskets each year. That includes the $4,000 gift-filled trunks ordered every Christmas by the sultan of Brunei for President Bush, Nancy Reagan, Bill Clinton and others.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-bizmakeover27-2008oct27,0,2512297.story

Seems Michael took this particular day off as there are no "Today in Michael Jackson History" :lol:

pdates...
Heart-throb ZAC EFRON was overwhelmed to find out MICHAEL JACKSON is a fan of his work - and was left "speechless" when the pop superstar called to congratulate him on his success.
The Thriller hitmaker is a big fan of Efron's High School Musical franchise and is a close friend of the films' director Kenny Ortega.
And Efron admits he was delighted when Ortega handed him his cellphone and told him that Jackson was on the line for him.
He says, "I've been wanting to talk to Michael Jackson my whole life, but as soon as Kenny handed me the phone, I was at a loss for words. I have never been so speechless.
"He said he loves High School Musical. It was motivation for us, and encouragement.”

10/27/2008 10:12:16 PM
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/efron%20left%20speechless%20by%20jackson_1084824
A world-record Thriller

[/b]

[/b]
[COLOR=#333333! important]Dancers in L.A. are among thousands worldwide to set record on "Thriller" performance[/color]
[COLOR=#999999! important]Elina Shatkin, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer [/color]
[COLOR=#999999! important][/color]
Hordes of the dancing undead fanned out across the world on Saturday for the second annual Thrill The World dance-a-thon. Dressed as zombies, thousands of amateur dancers took over neighborhood parks, community centers and shopping malls in an attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the largest worldwide simultaneous performance of the dance sequence from Michael Jackson's 1983 "Thriller" music video.

The final numbers are still being tallied, but according to event organizer Ines Markeljevic, 4,179 people in 72 cities across 10 nations participated, easily breaking last year's record of 1,722 participants.

In Los Angeles, 114 people showed up at the Hollywood & Highland complex in full zombie garb. Led by dancer Adam Sevani, they shook and shimmied their way through the dance moves in the legendary music video. An impressive sight but nothing compared to the turnout in Austin, which featured 881 dancers including the city's mayor, Will Wynn. Los Angeles has some catching up to do. (C'mon, Antonio, we know you can outdance that dude in Austin!)

Markeljevic isn't resting on her laurels. "My goal is a quarter million next year. I think that's completely possible," she says. "I'm going to focus on contacting every single school in North America so we can reach that number."

Los Angeles co-organizer Mahdroo McCaleb says he's been contacted by Michael Jackson's people who have requested a personal DVD for the pop star. And there's a rumor floating around that Jackson may have been hovering over the event on Saturday. "We had a helicopter fly overhead shooting video of us," McCaleb says. "No one's claimed the helicopter and the footage hasn't appeared anywhere. We thought it might be Michael Jackson. Who else can afford a helicopter?"

Whether or not Jackson was there in body, his spirit infused the event. "I don't know how it all came together," McCaleb says, "but when we were out there doing the dance it just felt electric. We were spot on. It was everything I'd hoped it would be."
http://www.latimes.com/theguide/events-and-festivals/la-gd-thriller27-2008oct27,0,5445419.story

Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ Album Celebrated 25 Years Later

65473e48-f5a6-102b-8f0c-001ec92a4a0d

It’s hard to believe… but, it’ll be 25 years ago this December that Michael Jackson’s mega-hit “Thriller,” debuted on MTV. To mark the anniversary, more than 3,000 people in 95 cities across the globe simultaneously did the zombie-like dance.

ABC News
Published: October 27, 2008
Los Angeles, CA—It’s hard to believe… but, it’ll be 25 years ago this December that Michael Jackson’s mega-hit “Thriller,” debuted on MTV.
To mark the anniversary, more than 3,000 people in 95 cities across the globe simultaneously did the zombie-like dance.
Scary make-up, a costume, and “Thriller” dance moves were all participants needed to take part in the world record-breaking event.
Dancers in Los Angeles have been practicing for months.
http://www.wjbf.com/jbf/entertainme...hriller_album_celebrated_25_years_later/8007/

Last edited by a moderator:
Mom just came in and told me that Anderson Cooper (from CNN) is next going to talk about Thriller Anniversary coming up this December (probably the Thriller The world thing. :lol:) Cool, and many are having fun! :D

Edit: K..now he is showing the clips of people attending in the events. OMG. :woohoo: Now they are showing the clips of the Philippines one. :lol:

That was my pointless post. :D LOL I just thought it was cool they acknowledged the anniversary.. :)

Mom just came in and told me that Anderson Cooper (from CNN) is next going to talk about Thriller Anniversary coming up this December (probably the Thriller The world thing. :lol:) Cool, and many are having fun! :D

Edit: K..now he is showing the clips of people attending in the events. OMG. :woohoo: Now they are showing the clips of the Philippines one. :lol:

That was my pointless post. :D LOL I just thought it was cool they acknowledged the anniversary.. :)
What did anderson himself say?

Guys & Gals:

You absolutely must check out www.thrilltheworld.com. Click on "World Events" then click on "videos". Now that is what I call a celebration for THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER in the WORLD.. WOW!!!

Last edited:
Back