October 23, 2008

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Morning peeps. I went canoeing with my sons school class yesterday in 50 degree weather. I'm dry now but dang I'm still cold :bugeyed

Wonders if there's an MJ news to warm me up today :D Goes to check...

Ok, there are a few more articles on the Thriller Dance but mostly a bunch of mentionings...

Michael Jackson Thriller Dance with Actor/Dancer Adam Sevani will ...
[SIZE=-1]PR Web (press release), WA - 5 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]He is also remaking Michael Jackson's Thriller video entitled Adam Sevani's Thriller. The International Dance Academy of Hollywood will be participating ...[/SIZE]

Jackson, Wyoming - Thursday, October 23, 2008
[SIZE=-1]Jackson Hole Star-Tribune, WY - 4 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Oct. 24, 9 pm, Thrill the World, a worldwide attempt to break the Guinness world record for the largest simultaneous dance with Michael Jackson's "Thriller" ...[/SIZE]

'Thriller' still brings out the zombie in many
[SIZE=-1]Austin 360 (subscription), TX - 14 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Tonight there will be a dance rehearsal following the Michael Jackson sing-a-long at the Alamo Drafthouse downtown. The sing-a-long begins at 9:50 with ...[/SIZE]

French students mime to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" for Halloween ...
[SIZE=-1]My Chemical Toilet, UK - 2 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]What is it about "Thriller" that encourages group choreography like no other song? There was that video with the prisoners, there was that video with the ...[/SIZE]

Well this one is different...
Coldplay's Chris Martin Supports Michael Jackson's Favourite ...
[SIZE=-1]Gigwise, UK - 1 hour ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]by Jason Gregory Coldplay frontman Chris Martin supports Michael Jackson's favourite football team, Exeter City, guitarist Johnny Buckland has revealed. ...[/SIZE]

Phone Wars Heat Up
[SIZE=-1]PC World - 20 hours ago

[SIZE=-1]Neither Apple's new ads, nor Microsoft's "I'm a PC" ads, actually sell anything, but rather dance around with knives like in Michael Jackson's "Bad" video. [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Does Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" single even need to be any ...
[SIZE=-1]My Chemical Toilet, UK - 5 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Think Michael Jackson's "You Rock My World" from Invincible. You know what I'm saying - huge singles, shit albums. So what do you reckon to "Chinese ...[/SIZE]

Oh brother...
Kiwi dog suffers with 'Michael Jackson' disease
[SIZE=-1]3 News NZ, New Zealand - 12 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Rommel the rottie was a beautiful dog, and still is. But until a wee while ago he was the traditional black and tan that goes with the breed's German ...[/SIZE]

I'm no fake lesbian - Veronicas' Jess
[SIZE=-1]Melbourne Herald Sun, Australia - 9 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson was the first concert we paid for ourselves, in 1996. We were probably in the very last row of the ANZ Stadium but it didn't matter, ...[/SIZE]

BG schools bring back intramurals
[SIZE=-1]The Columbian, WA - 5 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]“I use some of Michael Jackson’s dance moves, like the twitches, and I use some of my own.” Hoskins, rattling off all the classes offered, sighed a little ...[/SIZE]
Lee has Big plans, but not in a flash way
[SIZE=-1]Aberdeen Press and Journal, UK - 5 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]During Michael Jackson’s court case, for instance, the only person making any money was a Michael Jackson look-alike. He was earning a fortune, ...[/SIZE]

Girl Talk and the guilty-pleasure principle
[SIZE=-1]Metromix, IL - 6 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]... it's the big, familiar riffs from radio hits by the likes of Britney Spears, Michael Jackson and R. Kelly that really get the masses moving. ...[/SIZE]

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1988 - Michael Jackson toured the house where Berry Gordy Jr. launched Motown records in 1959. Jackson donated $125,000 to the Motown Museum.

Gold can warm a woman up :wub:

Ok, that's all I got so far this morning.

I'd just like to add please don't post tabloid trash and inappropriate materials into the news thread. Please check with the staff if anything is questionable. Thank you.

Last edited:
huge singles, shit albums. So what do you reckon to "Chinese

Now, I am not an Invincible fan but I wouldn't consider the CD "shit". It was better than the true ish that was out of the time. That is a fact.

THanks for the news and mentioings, Shannon.

I hope that's a good wow cuz I couldn't watch the video :unsure:

I just watched the video and I consider it a GOOD WOW. LOL!

The students take a completely different approach to the Thriller video and it's good, no dancing, but still very good because it's so different, but at the same time was able to employ a lot of people, just like the Thriller prison video, but with no dancing.

Back