October 20, 2008

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Good Morning Family #2 :lol: Hope everyone had a safe and fun weekend. Let me go see what is up in the world of MJ this morning...

So not our Michael but a cute reference during a good cause...
Hundreds of volunteers pitch in for 'Coast Clean Up'

..."Just here for the lifting power. That's about it," Michael Jackson said.
Michael Jackson wasn't doing the moonwalk, but he was scouring the beach for storm debris and other trash.
"We're actually doing the coastal clean up. A lot of people from NMCB 1 are down here, trying to help pick up all the garbage and help make the place better," Jackson said.
Jackson's been stationed at the Gulfport Seabee Base, but has been deployed much of that time. It was the first time many of these Seabees have been home to take part in the annual event. They were surprised at some of the stuff they found on the beach...
http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=9200199

Handful of X-Factor articles...

X Factor delivers for ITV1 as it powers past Strictly Come Dancing
[SIZE=-1]Brand Republic, UK - 2 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]'The X Factor' was watched by 9.3m at 7.25pm-9.25pm, with a 38.3% share of the audience enduring the Michael Jackson covers. 'Strictly Come Dancing' brought ...[/SIZE]

Eoghan still has the X Factor
[SIZE=-1]Belfast Newsletter, UK - 5 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The teenager from Dungiven wowed millions of viewers on Saturday night with a Michael Jackson song and won votes from viewers across the UK. ...[/SIZE]

Girlband loses out in X Factor vote
[SIZE=-1]The Press Association - 1 hour ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]In the Michael Jackson-themed show, presented by Dermot O'Leary on Saturday night, all remaining 11 finalists sang live in front of the judges and studio ...[/SIZE]

Walsh and Cowell say X Factor’s Eoghan is a certainty
[SIZE=-1]Belfast Telegraph, United Kingdom - 14 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The baby faced schoolboy from Dungiven once again wowed the judges and the public with his rendition of Michael Jackson’s ‘Ben’ on Saturday night. ...[/SIZE]

* Oct. 24, 9 p.m., Thrill the World, a worldwide attempt to break the Guinness world record for the largest simultaneous dance with Michael Jackson's "Thriller" in the Wyoming Union Ballroom for free.
http://www.jacksonholestartrib.com/...ommunity/b69cf59e60944b87872574e7002107e6.txt

Phil Spector’s murder retrial gearing up with jury selection
Earlier this month, potential jurors filled out questionnaires that asked them what they had heard about the case, whether they had

paid attention to other high-profile trials involving O.J. Simpson, Robert Blake or Michael Jackson, and whether those cases have
affected their views about the criminal justice system.
http://www.wavenewspapers.com/defau...ame=&pform=&sc=1019&hn=wavenewspapers&he=.com

Trilby-topped Posh is no mug
...The former SPICE GIRL spent the duration of their walk through Heathrow airport with her lovely mug pointing down and half-hidden by the thick rim of her MICHAEL JACKSON-style hat...
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article1831492.ece

That's about it for now will check again this afternoon :yes:

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1979 - Michael Jackson's album "Off The Wall" hit #3 in the U.S. and #5 in the U.K.

Last edited:
Let us not forget our birthday members this week...

Members with Birthdays on 20-10-2008echo (48), heavenos (48), Sufly (28), threat (23), christicehurst (23), hyperion (23), MJslover (21), hellokitty (21), SweetGirl (18)

21-10-2008
ilovemjj (27), miriam (26), Baby Bubbles (26), Whoa182 (24)
22-10-2008
HOTWHEELS67 (41), KJ777 (41), Mannu (27), twings (24)
23-10-2008
jule (24), gacechino (22), Cardigan (21), MJschild (17)
24-10-2008
Tovemj (48), ImaginaryTime (31), JuscantstoplovenU (27), kylegibson7 (16)
25-10-2008
sweet34 (38), MJ_FANtastic (25)
26-10-2008
0MoonWalkeR0 (35), QUIZMASTER (35), sosa66 (31), Neverland_Princess (26), prog5000 (23)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE!!! :clap:

:waving: good morrowing too all the ppls :sun: i found some of other news :yes: that's o.k

here is website:http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/e...torrsquos-eoghan-is-a-certainty-14008184.html

Walsh and Cowell say X Factor’s Eoghan is a certainty

Northern Ireland’s X Factor hopeful Eoghan Quigg has been tipped to reach the finals of the competition by music mogul Louis Walsh.

The baby faced schoolboy from Dungiven once again wowed the judges and the public with his rendition of Michael Jackson’s ‘Ben’ on Saturday night.

Louis Walsh said that while he does not have the strongest voice in the competition the public love him and his Irish charm.

“You have a great personality and Irish charm. You can’t buy that. It is only the second week but I’m betting you are going to be in the final,” he said.

Eoghan's mentor Simon Cowell told him he believed he was going to sail through the competition.

“It is a much harder song to sing than people think. It wasn’t as good as last week but it was a tougher task. I still think you will sail through and there is a lot better to come,” Simon said.

Dannii Minogue said his performance was “amazing” adding: “Your purity will challenge all the other

voices in the competition. I think you are fantastic.”

Cheryl Cole told him: “You are not fazed by anything. It is almost like you belong up there. You nailed it.”

Speaking on the show Eoghan said that he was having an amazing experience and that it was always his dream to perform.

“I feel like it is all a dream and I don’t want the dream to end,” he said.

The talented teenager was joined on the show by Derry beauty Nadine Coyle and her fellow Girls Aloud band mates who performed their new single.

Meanwhile, X Factor rejects Girlband have defended their mentor Louis Walsh, despite claims from fellow judge Cheryl Cole that he had “lost his girlband mojo”.

The foursome lost out in the public vote to Spanish-born Ruth Lorenzo, after coming in the bottom two and being forced to sing a survival song for the second consecutive week.

In the Michael Jackson-themed live show, the group – friends,Tita and Jay Lau, 19 and 17, Marisa Billitteri, 19 and Manoochehri – performed ballad Heal The World, with six female backing singers and petals falling on stage.

The performance was branded “gimmicky” by judge Simon Cowell, but the girls agreed with Walsh's song choice and reined in the production.

Billitteri said “He was a brilliant mentor and being the band man he is, he did the best for us and unfortunately we're at this place now.”

X Factor beat rival BBC talent show Strictly Come Dancing in the ratings for the second week running as 9.3m viewers tuned in, compared withStrictly’s 8.6m.

here is website:http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/n...r_Laura_is_winning_more_fans_as_show_goes_on/

X Factor Laura is winning more fans as show goes on

FAN websites dedicated to The X Factor sensation Laura White have flooded the internet — just two weeks after Laura made her debut on the live show.

And the 21-year-old has already attracted an incredible 15,000 fans on social networking site Facebook.

Several fan websites have been set up by people won over by Laura’s undoubted talents such www.laurawhitefansite.co.uk.

Laura impressed judges and viewers on Saturday, with a powerful performance of You Are Not Alone in the Michael Jackson-themed show.

She sailed through and will perform again next Saturday night.

Music mogul Simon Cowell said she struggled with the first half of the song, but was impressed with the second part.

He said: “The fact you managed to make that song good is a miracle and is a testament to just how good you are.

“You struggled with the first half, but got into your stride in the second half.

“Was it better than last week? No. Are you still one of the best singers in the competition? Absolutely.”

Laura, who is from Atherton and is a creative writing student at the University of Bolton, is now hot favourite to win, according to the bookies.

And last year’s winner, Leon Jackson, thinks she is the best.

He said: “I think she brings something new to the table and her voice is amazing. She’s the stand-out act for me.”

Girlband were booted off Saturday’s second live show after receiving the fewest votes from the public.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only a lil update for ya...

Scary fantasies all too real to small children

[FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]By Sherry Young[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]For the Deseret News[/FONT]

When witches go riding,

and black cats are seen,
the moon laughs and whispers,
'tis near Halloween.
—Author unknown

Francis Hodgson Burnett, the author of the lovely book "The Secret Garden" observed, "I am sure there is Magic in everything, only we have not sense enough to get hold of it and make it do things for us."
I will say there really is a difference between dealing with " black magic" and "make-believe magic." Most of us wouldn't be caught near a Ouija board, at least anyone I would want to hang around with. Those are not items to mess with.
I know others will differ, but for me, even movie trailers or clips about things of the occult — or any type of supernatural movies — scare me to death.
It chills my spine just looking at Stephen King, let alone reading one of his books. I guess I just have an overactive imagination.
But Washington Irving is another story. "The Legend of Sleep Hollow" is just good Halloween fun.
Irving lived and wrote in Tarrytown, N.Y., which is not far from Greenwich, Conn., where we lived many years. It was always special to visit Tarrytown in the fall, especially toward evening when all the tall trees made huge shadows. You could almost feel Ichabod Crane rushing past on a horse as the wind blew through the leaves.
The supernatural can be scary and hard for young children to comprehend.

When our son, Tom, was about 12, he and his friends would watch Michael Jackson's "Thriller" music video over and over.
Our youngest son, Jim, was only 3 at the time — and I kept him away and busy when the boys were watching.
Unfortunately, one day, Jim, who was curious about the music, slipped by me for just a minute and caught a glimpse of Michael Jackson just as he was morphing into a werewolf.
No matter what logic we used to try to convince him otherwise, his little mind just couldn't grasp the fact that the werewolf wasn't a real creature — his eyes told him otherwise.
Jim slept near our bed for quite a while.
Our 5-year-old neighbor, Johnny, has always been spooked by the life-size ghoul or cackling witch that talks as you walk past.
His mother even wrote a letter to Costco asking them to please not put one up this year so she could buy groceries because, even though she has told him differently, Johnny still thinks the plastic figures are alive.
Having lived in the East for so many years, it amazes me how elaborate some people get with their decorations here in Utah.
It does become magical when we dress up for All Hallow's Eve. Since moving to Utah my friend, Elouise Jensen, lends me a witch costume each year, which I appreciate.
I am the witch of the north end, and she is the witch of the south end of our street.
Across the way, two of our neighbors dress up and put loud haunted-house music peppered with "The Monster Mash" and other Halloween specialties on a loudspeaker. It makes for a pretty good scene. On. Nov. 1, all the make believe is gone, just memories and kids suffering from stomachaches from eating too much candy.
http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705256309,00.html

lol That's too funny - poor lil one :lol:

:waving: i found some more news on the X Factor is that o.k :) :waving:

here is website:http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/X-Factor-Aston-eases-through.4608528.jp

X Factor Aston eases through

Published Date: 20 October 2008
CITY singing star Aston Merrygold moonwalked into the last 10 of X Factor on Saturday after another impressive performance by JLS.
The performance, which showed a new raunchier side to the four-piece, earned rave reviews from the panel of four judges, including music mogul Simon Cowell.

He said: "If last week was six and a half out of 10, then this week's was a nine. You have fun, you stood out and showed your personalities. I really like you guys."

Performing Michael Jackson's classic The Way You Make Me Feel, the foursome showed that not only can they sing, but can dance as well.

And it was Aston, a former pupil at Jack Hunt School, in Netherton, who played a key role.

The 20-year-old led his three fellow JLS band mates – Marvin Humes, Ortise Williams and JB Gill – right from the first note and perfectly executed the moonwalk, the signature Michael Jackson move, to get the crowd on their feet.

Once again, JLS's performance left the judges in no doubt that the four-piece could well be in the competition for the long haul.

Dannii Minogue described them as "amazing", while Cheryl Cole added: "Not a lot of acts dance and sing, so hats off to you."

And following Simon's comments, the act's mentor, Louis Walsh, chipped in saying: "I like you a lot more than Simon does."

It was the perfect way to end a busy week for Aston and the band who were been working hard to get the performance right.

Speaking exclusively to The Evening Telegraph yesterday, Aston explained that JLS had focused on their vocals prior to this week.

"We heard everyone else was doing slow tracks so we thought we've got nothing to lose," he said, adding: "You can't go wrong when the boss likes you.

"We all thought when we came off the stage that we were happy with it. No one else did the moonwalk and it's his most famous move, so you've got to put it in, we couldn't leave it out."

Now, X Factor moves on from Michael Jackson week to Big Band week where each act will perform alongside a 32-piece band.

Following the exit of Girl Band, Louis Walsh's only other remaining group, JLS will also have the full attention of their mentor.

"I'm definitely used to singing this kind of stuff and I love singing songs by Frank Sinatra, the Rat Pack and Nat King Cole. It's going to be a change and people will see we can be versatile.

"Being the only group left will definitely make us stronger and we've got to do it for Louis."

Can't see the video - blah.
Did you replace the "*****" with the J word? lol :lol: At first it didn't work for me too.. then I figured... TMZ.. they are gonna use that name. :bugeyed:lol:

Can't see the video - blah.

They were being idiotic and asking Maureen did Michael bring Bubbles on their date and she said no then they asked her did he sing to her she said yes and then they asked her what he was like and she said he was a very sweet guy.

They were being idiotic and asking Maureen did Michael bring Bubbles on their date and she said no then they asked her did he sing to her she said yes and then they asked her what he was like and she said he was a very sweet guy.
Aw, now that is just sweet hearing that. :wub: Very nice she has said that.

Yeah idiotic not to know that MJ didn't have bubbles till the late 80s. But yup they certainly are a bunch of d****.

Last edited:
They are always trying to get people to say crap about Michael, but it just pleases me greatly when they fail miserably!

How 'bout I lighten this up a bit, hmm?

I watched Dancing with the Stars last night, and Toni Braxton and Alec Mazo were doing the West Coast Swing to a cover of 'The Way You Make Me Feel'. You can see some notable, cool MJ references in there. :D

http://www.rickey.org/?p=9392

Yeah I saw that on their show. Anyone with a brain knows that MJ did not have Bubbles when he and Maureen were dating. I hate those fools over at TMZ. So stupid and idiotic. They need to stop trashing these celebrities. I am not shocked that she said these nice things about Michael because like MJ, she knows how it is to be famous in the spotlight. She said the truth about him. Good for her. I thought what she said about her husband was very nice and a great answer.

I really hate it when these pappers get so angry when the celebrities fight back or do not talk to them. GET A LIFE!! Dang.

I watched Dancing with the Stars last night, and Toni Braxton and Alec Mazo were doing the West Coast Swing to a cover of 'The Way You Make Me Feel'. You can see some notable, cool MJ references in there.

I changed the channel and saw Toni and her partner being interviewed. Her partner mentioned that it was an MJ song and you have to do the moonwalk! I was like, "Damn, I missed it." Gossip Girl was on and I could not miss any part of it. LOL.

How 'bout I lighten this up a bit, hmm?

I watched Dancing with the Stars last night, and Toni Braxton and Alec Mazo were doing the West Coast Swing to a cover of 'The Way You Make Me Feel'. You can see some notable, cool MJ references in there. :D

Thanks for posting. I bet MJ would get a kick out of that, it was a pleasant surprise.

Back