October 1, 2008

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Late edition of the news today :yes: Let me go see what is what in MJ's world today...

Akon Readies Third Album For November, Signs British Rapper

Words by Allen Starbury
pixel.gif

akon2.jpg
Akon (Photo: SRC)
pixel.gif
Akon is set to release his third album in November, his label announced this week. It's titled Freedom.

The first single from the upcoming album will be "Right Now (Na Na Na)" and is slated to hit radio soon.

While guests are yet to be confirmed, rumored collaborators include Lil Wayne, T-Pain, 50 Cent, and possibly Michael Jackson.

Back in July, songwriter Claude Kelly revealed that the leaked track, "Hold My Hand" by Akon featuring Michael Jackson, would be in contention to be the first single. However, with the announcement of the official single, it's unknown if the track will appear on the album.

The new album will be Akon's first single 2006's Konvicted, which was certified platinum.

It is slated to hit stores November 25.

Other than the project, Akon also continues to sign acts to his Kon Live label. His latest acquisition is a British hip-hop artist named Sway.

Sway is a star in the UK. In 2005, he beat out the likes of 50 Cent and The Game to win the hip-hop award at the Mobos, and he was named best UK hip-hop act at the BET Awards in the US in 2006.

According to the BBC, Sway met Akon after the singer heard Sway rapping over one of his tracks.

"I've just been around [him] and learning from the way they work," he said, adding that he was also collaborating with Pharrell Williams. "They really like what I'm doing. What they've offered me is a platform to blow up in America."

Akon describes the British rapper as "a true legend in his own creation."

"I've never seen an artist attack every issue and make it so relevant to his surroundings the way that Sway does," he told the BBC. "He will truly be an icon for all UK rappers some day."
http://www.ballerstatus.com/article/news/2008/10/5556/

Jackson postpones Garden concert
Janet Jackson is out of the hospital but not well enough to perform tonight at the TD Banknorth Garden. Concert promoter Live Nation announced yesterday that Jackson postponed her Boston date while she recovers. Michael Jackson's kid sister was rushed to a Montreal hospital Monday with exhaustion. The 42-year-old singer was released two hours later. Last Friday she postponed her show in Detroit, citing "production constraints." Jackson, who reportedly will resume performing on Saturday in Greensboro, N.C., is touring in support of her latest CD, "Discipline," which debuted at No. 1 but then disappeared without a trace. The Boston stop on the singer's "Rock With U" tour was not sold out. According to Live Nation, the show will be rescheduled, and tickets to tonight's show will be accepted then.
http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/food/articles/2008/10/01/biggest_loser_indicted/

Phil Spector retrial set to begin with jury selection

...Spector's trial was the latest in a series of celebrity cases in California that have failed to end in a guilty verdict, following acquittals for O.J Simpson, "King of Pop" Michael Jackson and actor Robert Blake.
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hbrPVla0jGn9ZNH5yKJo_PcY1L6w

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1991 - The white crystal-beaded glove worn by Michael Jackson was stolen from the Motown Museum in Detroit. M.C. Hammer offered a $50,000 reward for its return. The glove was recovered two days later and 23-year-old Bruce Hays was arrested on charges of grand larceny.

1993 - The BPI certified the Michael Jackson album "Dangerous" at six times platinum.

2001 - Janet Jackson canceled her upcoming tour of Europe over concerns for the safety of her entourage. The concerns were a result of the terrorist attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001.

[SIZE=+2]Michael Jackson Quote​
[/SIZE]

I Like The Feelin' You're
Givin' Me
Just Hold Me Baby And I'm
In Ecstasy
- Michael Jackson, The Way You Make Me Feel

Last edited:
i read a piece of news by Leslie.hu that there was a new :heart:MJ sighting and that the guy who noiticed them had heard :heart:Michael singing softly to his children.
so sweet of him :heart:

is it for today or yesterday!
It's not a new sighting, it's a follow up on the last sighting of MJ in Vegas:

THE SCENE AND HEARD

A follow-up on that recent sighting of Michael Jackson and his three children, dining at Benihana at the Las Vegas Hilton. A spy who was walking past the private room glanced over and saw Jackson singing softly to his kids. ...

http://www.lvrj.com/news/29991359.html

lol..... why the hell did MC. Hammer, offer 50 grand for it's return? He probably wanted it for himself....

Thanx for the news btw

Back in July, songwriter Claude Kelly revealed that the leaked track, "Hold My Hand" by Akon featuring Michael Jackson, would be in contention to be the first single. However, with the announcement of the official single, it's unknown if the track will appear on the album.

Aww...:(
I wonder what happened to
"Hold My Hand" will definitely be on Akon's "Acquitted" ? (7/31/2008) I think he said that after the leak, when he was talkin' about Michael bein' in the video and all...I don't recall us even knowing the name of the song until after it was leaked...

Well, maybe Michael will put it on his album :)

could the different lables of MJ and Akon be the problem of HMH?

I think that Akon wants it to be in his album for more sales.

Aww...:(
I wonder what happened to
"Hold My Hand" will definitely be on Akon's "Acquitted" ? (7/31/2008) I think he said that after the leak, when he was talkin' about Michael bein' in the video and all...I don't recall us even knowing the name of the song until after it was leaked...

Well, maybe Michael will put it on his album :)

Mo, if that happens, the song would have to be edited to include Michael and then Akon in certain spots, lol.

Mo, if that happens, the song would have to be edited to include Michael and then Akon in certain spots, lol.

:yes: Tru dat...

as I recall, the song is supposedly officially listed as Michael's and oddly enough, the talk was that they may both put it on their respective albums. I don't know how true any of that is, but knowing the perfectionist that Michael is, they've probably already recorded 2 or more versions. At the very least if they haven't, there should be enough recorded takes to make editing easy, if need be.

Yay! GO SWAY !
up your speed !.
:D

THE SCENE AND HEARD

A follow-up on that recent sighting of Michael Jackson and his three children, dining at Benihana at the Las Vegas Hilton. A spy who was walking past the private room glanced over and saw Jackson singing softly to his kids. ...

and this just ...melts my heart :wub: tar very much for all the info ..

THE SCENE AND HEARD

That's sweet.

Hmmmm, that is interesting. I remembered reading that the track would appear in both of their CDs, but now, it is not clear if the track would even be in Akon's cd.

Thanks for posting the news.

Back